Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
D500 - Yes the mortality rates aren't high at the moment BUT thinking this is not something to be concerned about is naive.
There does seem to be more asymptomatic people than people experiencing the full excruciating pain and ordeal of the symptoms.

However until there is a cure it needs to be treated with the utmost importance, Governments can't hide what is going on now because we live in the social media age. I've seen plenty of folks who have or are going through the ordeal of the full blown symptoms to know this is not something to take lightly...Fever, excruciating headaches, wheezing like there is no air, constant dehydration and no energy to do the simplest of things like lifting up a arm/hand to try and reach a glass of water and these symptons last for days even if the affected manages to get to the ICU in Hospital.

This pandemic could last for another year or more with scientists not knowing if it will die off with the spring/summer warm up to then return with a vengeance when autumn/winter returns. There's lots of bullish reports about potential cures but until they are fully tested which takes time, this is going to be with us for sometime yet.

The worrying thing is they have already seen a mutation of the virus, so if it mutates every year, it could become a recurring virus every year, like Flu, that we need to learn to live with.

The good news is air pollution has improved massively since the virus hit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-51944780

I can see this changing how people live and work, WFH maybe come more of the norm (I have been WFH for years for a few days a week as I work in IT), so that would help with pollution & congestion.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Most of the virologists I’ve heard talking about this say that viruses usually mutate into less harmful ones so hopefully this will be the case here.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Most of the virologists I’ve heard talking about this say that viruses usually mutate into less harmful ones so hopefully this will be the case here.

'usually' is a worrying word when you talk pandemic, Flu has been with us for over 100 years (recorded) and every year has a significant impact on the old/ill/vulnerable in society. It has just been accepted fact, people band it around now that 20-40,000 die from flu in the UK every year, going forward we may be saying the same for Covid-19, every now and then we get a particularly lethal version like Spanish flu which can kill in the millions.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
It suggests that the biggest percentage of these things don’t get worse. Not a bad thing but not conclusive either.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Anyway, more importantly, all my shopping turned up. Even a 4 pinter of milk!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Cool, all round to yours for dinner then smile

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Cool, all round to yours for dinner then smile

Yeah. We can all sit on the mountain of toilet paper I have too whistle

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Announcement from BoJo at 8:30. No doubt we’ll all be on lockdown no doubt after all those morons treating yesterday like a bank holiday and the even bigger morons crowding into tube trains!

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Announcement from BoJo at 8:30. No doubt we’ll all be on lockdown no doubt after all those morons treating yesterday like a bank holiday and the even bigger morons crowding into tube trains!

Not quite lockdown, but it's close, all the idiots will be out panic buying in the food shops tomorrow with this announcement.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
You know it. Give it a week or two and see all the unopened food waste from the nob heads too.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion