Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By Pickles
The least impact would be:

Declare the season void – and restart next season with the same teams that started this one in the same division.

It means we aren't Champions but will leave the least negative outcome on everybody else.

In what way would that be fair on us? We’ve worked our arses off to get to where we are and just because it may be the easiest option doesn’t make it the right or fairest option.

The fairest and best (and almost certainly what will happen) is that we finish the season. Any other scenario will cause havoc. We’ll be up in arms for being denied a (almost) certain title. Those who would miss out in europe would also kick off. Who would be in Europe would be another massive question and a massive fight.

Like I’ve said before, China have controlled this and are getting back to a sense of normality. Absolutely no reason why the more developed world can’t too.

Where are you getting your news from... The Onion?

China is not over this by a long, long shot.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Just what I‘ve heard from people I contact in China through work. It’s reported that cases are reducing over there too but no doubt it’s fake news.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Declare the season void – and restart next season with the same teams that started this one in the same division.

It means we aren't Champions but will leave the least negative outcome on everybody else.

In what way would that be fair on us? We’ve worked our arses off to get to where we are and just because it may be the easiest option doesn’t make it the right or fairest option.

The fairest and best (and almost certainly what will happen) is that we finish the season. Any other scenario will cause havoc. We’ll be up in arms for being denied a (almost) certain title. Those who would miss out in europe would also kick off. Who would be in Europe would be another massive question and a massive fight.

Like I’ve said before, China have controlled this and are getting back to a sense of normality. Absolutely no reason why the more developed world can’t too.

China has not got over this, I have work colleagues in China as the company I work for have factories/offices and workers out there, they are still catching it, it is still spreading, people fear going out, I have been told people are re-catching it as there are more strains emerging.

This will continue for months, they are hoping the summer will help wipe it out with the change in weather.

I’ve heard different from people my work place deal with out there. Maybe it’s a regional thing?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Interesting from Lennon regarding the Scottish league being stopped and what might happen and spot on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51875701

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

China has not got over this, I have work colleagues in China as the company I work for have factories/offices and workers out there, they are still catching it, it is still spreading, people fear going out, I have been told people are re-catching it as there are more strains emerging.

This will continue for months, they are hoping the summer will help wipe it out with the change in weather.

I’ve heard different from people my work place deal with out there. Maybe it’s a regional thing?

Maybe, but I would not believe the Government/Media reports coming out of China, they will tell the story they want the world to hear, which is not necessarily the truth!

T
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
T
It will die off in the summer.... but the problem is, it will come back with a vengeance next Autumn - with more strains. This season will get completed - next season might not.

The question is - why did our CL game go ahead???

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By The Kop Prophet
It will die off in the summer.... but the problem is, it will come back with a vengeance next Autumn - with more strains. This season will get completed - next season might not.

Why not, no players were infected so there was no reason to have it postponed. Would you have said the same thing if we would have qualified, no need to be a bad loser?

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Why not, no players were infected so there was no reason to have it postponed. Would you have said the same thing if we would have qualified, no need to be a bad loser?

Having about 3,000 Madrid fans travel over probably wasn't the best idea! especially when everyone pretty much expected the next weeks games to be postponed at that stage.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I just hope the season can restart somehow and we get 2 more wins because the last thing we need is the fa deciding just to give us the title as that will raise a storm from opposition fans despite us being undisputed champions at this stage. It is very sad that no matter what happens, there will be an asterisk on this season.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion