1st Team Squad

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Simon Stone Q&A - Three options if season is not completed

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

@united11111 - If the season isn’t completed what happens about Promotion and Relegation????

You would basically have three options:

Declare the season void – and restart next season with the same teams that started this one in the same division,

or have promotion and relegation, either using this season’s positions as they currently are

or having play-offs.

All of these scenarios are controversial, which is why the preference is to finish the current campaign – it’s just that no-one knows when that will be.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/51867944

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
The least impact would be:

Declare the season void – and restart next season with the same teams that started this one in the same division.

It means we aren't Champions but will leave the least negative outcome on everybody else.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
You can’t just void the season. There’s way too much at stake for other clubs like relegation, who hoes in to Europe, promotion etc. How do you sort all that? Players contracts will expire and new signings made so to void the season we won’t all be starting from the same position next season which isn’t fair on anyone.

We’ll get this finished. Might be into the summer but we will. China have contained the virus and things are getting back to normal so no reason why we can’t in this country too.

And if not, as mighty says, everyone knows we were going to win it. Only the most bitter of football fans from other clubs would deny it.

My goodness the bitter fans have been out and about this morning. Got Arsenal fans at work having a right laugh saying we cannot win a void league. The season must be completed. If not there is just no sense in watching it anymore. Especially in a season like this where we have trounced everyone. I hope we absolutely smash everyone but especially Arsenal when we get up and running again.

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
'No contest' between football and good of society - Klopp

Liverpool

Statement from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp:
"I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

"First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

"I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

"Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

"If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/51867944

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Put your health first - Klopp

Liverpool

More from Jurgen Klopp:
"Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch.

"But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

"The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them."

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles

Declare the season void – and restart next season with the same teams that started this one in the same division.

It means we aren't Champions but will leave the least negative outcome on everybody else.

But we are still Champions League holders next season smile

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

In what way would that be fair on us? We’ve worked our arses off to get to where we are and just because it may be the easiest option doesn’t make it the right or fairest option.

The fairest and best (and almost certainly what will happen) is that we finish the season. Any other scenario will cause havoc. We’ll be up in arms for being denied a (almost) certain title. Those who would miss out in europe would also kick off. Who would be in Europe would be another massive question and a massive fight.

Like I’ve said before, China have controlled this and are getting back to a sense of normality. Absolutely no reason why the more developed world can’t too.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

In what way would that be fair on us? We’ve worked our arses off to get to where we are and just because it may be the easiest option doesn’t make it the right or fairest option.

The fairest and best (and almost certainly what will happen) is that we finish the season. Any other scenario will cause havoc. We’ll be up in arms for being denied a (almost) certain title. Those who would miss out in europe would also kick off. Who would be in Europe would be another massive question and a massive fight.

Like I’ve said before, China have controlled this and are getting back to a sense of normality. Absolutely no reason why the more developed world can’t too.

China has not got over this, I have work colleagues in China as the company I work for have factories/offices and workers out there, they are still catching it, it is still spreading, people fear going out, I have been told people are re-catching it as there are more strains emerging.

This will continue for months, they are hoping the summer will help wipe it out with the change in weather.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM