Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#632134 13/03/20 12:18 PM
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I'm thinking we might have the extra two wins in the bag by now if it hadn't have been for the stupid winter break! whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
J
Trialist
Trialist
J
I agree and we haven't played the same since we had it.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Now we have The China Wuhan Break!

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Let's hope it doesn't become a 31 year break...damn that virus, just as we were about to celebrate!

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Let's hope it doesn't become a 31 year break...damn that virus, just as we were about to celebrate!

I'm happy to keep repeating myself. Whilst the coronavirus situation is exceptional... our performance this season and our points gap at the top is also exceptional... so much so that whatever anyone says or does officially, it's perfectly reasonable to consider us as the champions for this season.

Even if it's not declared officially, there's no way we'll be burdened by the 30 year thing anymore. That monkey is off our back.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

I'm happy to keep repeating myself. Whilst the coronavirus situation is exceptional... our performance this season and our points gap at the top is also exceptional... so much so that whatever anyone says or does officially, it's perfectly reasonable to consider us as the champions for this season.

Even if it's not declared officially, there's no way we'll be burdened by the 30 year thing anymore. That monkey is off our back.

Try telling that to rival fans, you'll be eaten alive. I'm getting stick from my family and close friends about being handed the title nevermind bitter rival fans who will do and say anything to make you grumpy.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I'm thinking we might have the extra two wins in the bag by now if it hadn't have been for the stupid winter break! whistle

No, the winter break was for 1 game only unless you think we would have beaten Watford, but this, nobody will know.

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Sorry but i cant blame the break, we should've been fresh. Watford wanted the win more than us and got it. We had some lucky wins even before the break.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I think there’s a few not getting the tone of the OP here mighty.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Snakeye

Try telling that to rival fans, you'll be eaten alive. I'm getting stick from my family and close friends about being handed the title nevermind bitter rival fans who will do and say anything to make you grumpy.

I don't think so. Only idiots will say we were awarded the title unfairly... or people just trying to wind you up for a laugh. so what you need to do, if I may suggest as a fellow LFC person, is to brush up on your debating strategy, tactics and poker skills:

1. Have faith in yourself and your view on this. Do you think us being declared champions would be unreasonable? If yes, then fair enough. If not, then: a) don't let what others say rile you; b) if you do get riled, don't let them know it; c) fight back calmly in a way that might wind them up.

2. Arguments for why we can be considered champions - only for use with reasonable family, friends, rival fans interested in genuine reasoning (though such fans will already know this):

a) you can not undo what has happened. everyone has seen it, heard about it, read about it. we have lost only 1 game all season, are 22 points clear with only 9 to go and need only a win at City or 2 wins from the others if we lose at City. Having lost only 2 league games in two seasons, no reasonable person would argue against the opinion that the probability that we would have got the points we needed is 90% or more. Some would even say 99%.

b) yes, there is the outside, wafer slim possibility that we could lose 8 games and City win all theirs. however, if the season stops we have to go by the evidence of what has already happened in reality to guage what probably would have happened for the remainder. If this was a boxing match, the ref would have stepped in without letting the bout compete or the opposition corner would have thrown the towel in. If this was a rain affected cricket Duckworth & Lewis would have us way ahead of the par score and no one would argue.

c) and if you need evidence from real football people:
- Nov '19, Jose before the City game: '"They know how to win, they know how to cope with the pressure, so for me, the game today is very, very important."Because if the distances are three points or six points, it is still very open, but if the difference is nine points, goodbye."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QLreveQraA

- Nov '19, Jose & Keane after the City game: 'I think it's done'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmFRRX2HNJg
:
- Feb '20, Pep: the first 30 seconds this video give you all you need. He goes on to say: 'Yes, we are far away... they are unstoppable with a lot of points... Now we target other competitions and to qualify for the Champions League next season'

So you can simply say to everyone: we're the champs because Mourinho, Keane, anyone who knows anything about football and even Pep says we are!

3. As for the bitter fans on the margins, you just put your finger in your ears, close your eyes and keep repeating 'We are the champions!'

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM