Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#631520 17/02/20 05:21 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
They have apparently started voting for the player of the year which is too soon in my mind, but who would you vote for today?

PFA player of the year
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 17/02/20 05:21 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by EnergisedReds; 17/02/20 05:21 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
As it currently stands, Mane just!
However strong cases could be made for Alisson, VVD and Hendo.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
I got on Henderson at 33/1 in January. His performances without Fabinho were awesome. He sets the pace for the rest of the team and has been brilliant.

We will possibly have 8 or more players in the team of the season. It could be we could see a clean sweep although I suspect De Bruyne will get in there somewhere. If there is one player who could make a late challenge it could be Alisson.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By AccaBoosty
I got on Henderson at 33/1 in January. His performances without Fabinho were awesome. He sets the pace for the rest of the team and has been brilliant.

We will possibly have 8 or more players in the team of the season. It could be we could see a clean sweep although I suspect De Bruyne will get in there somewhere. If there is one player who could make a late challenge it could be Alisson.

For me it is between Mane and Alisson but the latter missed quite a few games and keepers rarely get the trophy

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Alisson, he is making outrageous saves in the past 10 games or so despite missing a chunk of the season, he is on route to the golden glove. Keepers should get more respect.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Henderson has been great for us but would you rather have him than Kevin de Bruyne? I think the latter would have been even greater

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The poster boy of English football will be right up there in the nominations I’d say. Apart from that Mane for me.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

Henderson has been great for us but would you rather have him than Kevin de Bruyne? I think the latter would have been even greater

De Bruyne is a fantastic player but is not a leader. Henderson is a leader. I would rather have Henderson.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds

De Bruyne is a fantastic player but is not a leader. Henderson is a leader. I would rather have Henderson.

Assuming that you are right that De Bruyne is not a leader, the PFA awards the technical skills of the player rather than leadership, not a lot of captains (formal or informal) have won it before. Salah, Mahrez are no more leaders than De Bruyne.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Regarding Henderson, I think it's a sentimental choice, the media were raving about him for a couple of weeks. The way I see it, the winner has to be someone special in terms of ability and contributing on a weekly basis. If you take him out of the team and place Fabinho in his role for example, nothing changes, the team will not notice his absence, that means he is replaceable. For me, he cannot win because of the reason I stated, that doesn't mean he is unimportant because he is a vital piece of the puzzle but if a liverpool player wins and rightly so, Alisson, Vvd, the full backs, the front 3 all deserve it ahead of Henderson.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion