Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Given that we could be without Salah, Robertson and who knows who else, this fixture takes on a real banana skin factor, sure enough. It'll be a nervous ten or so days between now and then, hoping we don't lose any more key players.

But we have Origi and Robertson should be back I think

Robertson is reported to be a doubt, but I hope you're right. IMO he'd be just as big a loss as Sallah. Origi may yet become a top player, but at present he's no like for like replacement for Salah, nor anywhere near it.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
From Klopp's presser:

"Virgil is 100% available. I cannot say 100% for the others (Salah, Robertson, Matip). Fabinho, Bobby, Ali, Gini all played Tuesday. We will see how they react. Nobody came back injured."

Klopp on Salah: "Yesterday he trained. He has been training the things we want him to do. It's not that he has got worse, it's just that it is there still (injury). We have to be sensible. I have to see the session today before I make a decision".

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Looks like Salah has proved himself fit for the Palace game, however I don't think Klopp will risk him from the start.

Predicted line up:

Alisson

TAA Lovren VVD Milner

Hendo Fab Wij

Mane Bobby Origi

I don't want to try and predict a scoreline because we don't seem to play too well after an International break. Recent H2H's are encouraging we've won the last 5 @Palace banishing a previous hoodoo we had there.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Looks like Salah has proved himself fit for the Palace game, however I don't think Klopp will risk him from the start.

Predicted line up:

Alisson

TAA Lovren VVD Milner

Hendo Fab Wij

Mane Bobby Origi

I don't want to try and predict a scoreline because we don't seem to play too well after an International break. Recent H2H's are encouraging we've won the last 5 @Palace banishing a previous hoodoo we had there.

Common Origi, prove me wrong

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Salah, Gomez, Lallana, Origi.

KopTalk Editor
Online Content
KopTalk Editor
Peter Beardsley

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has named the following team and substitutes for today's Premier League fixture away to Crystal Palace:

LIVERPOOL: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Firmino.

SUBS: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Salah, Gomez, Lallana, Origi.

Andy Robertson is passed fit to start but Mo Salah starts the match on the bench with Klopp opting not to risk him from the off. Oxlade-Chamberlain steps up instead, his first Premier League start since September.

Palace boss Roy Hodgson has gone as follows:

CRYSTAL PALACE: Guaita, Ward, Tomkins, Cahill, Van Aanholt, Milivojevic, McArthur, Kouyate, Zaha, Townsend, Ayew.

SUBS: Hennessey, Dann, Meyer, Schlupp, Benteke, McCarthy, Kelly.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I really do feel that this game is HUGE...because of the timing and the situation that developed when we beat City and in the period thereafter.

We opened up a nine point gap to City and were on such a high that Sunday afternoon. Then suddenly next morning Sterling's antics and the other situations took all the positivity away. The last couple of weeks has been about doubts surrounding Gomez, Robertson, Salah and VVD. It may be just me as a fan, often a pessimistic fan, but it seems circumstances have conspired to quickly take away the feeling of confidence after the City result.

Even if we put aside fan stupidity (mine)... I think getting 3 points before City play is massive... more than usual. It will mean that the break hasn't affected us points wise and they'll be 12 points behind us going into a game against Chelsea. They will surely feel the pressure. If we fail to take 3 points though, it will be a big lost opportunity and risks changing the momentum in favour of City. Allowing that to happen immediately after beating City will be so annoying and potentially very costly.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Another scrappy win, we started well and didn't get an early goal our play deserved. Seems to be par for the course now away from home where we don't score until later on in games and it makes for an uncomfortable game. It'd be nice once in awhile to get games won early so players can be replaced and given a rest.

Bobby is starting to frustrate me with his need for the Hollywood instead the easy option. His toe poke which their Keeper saved in the 2nd half should have been an easy slot in to the left nearside post, instead he opted for poking it far right side and Keeper saves it. I hope Klopp reads him the riot act even if he did get the winner. He could have cost us at least 2 points today just like he did at OT where he missed 2 sitters.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Not arsed how we won. Back from an international break, didnt play well. Crystal Palace played the best they've ever played all season. We played away from home at a notoriously difficult ground. and yet AGAIN got the 3 points. It was never about the performance really today. It was all about the result. We will have some time to get back into our rhythm now that all the internationals are done.

VAR went in our favour. The rest of the world are fuming at liverpool. All the late goals, shithousing the wins. The VAR. And I'm absolutely loving it. I am loving how the rest of the country is hating our club. Top of the league. 8 points clear still. Unbeaten. Get in.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Good win, scrappy performance, we always seem to struggle after an international break, we looked better in the second half, this team just keeps on going, we never give up, after the Zaha equaliser, teams of old heads would have gone down and we probably would have gone on to concede again.

Shame City won, but we just need to keep maintaining the points gap, over a third of the season gone.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion