Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think we've already made back what we shelled out for him from the loan deals at Red Star, Cardiff and Hertha Berlin. What we make from him now is ALL gravy!

Ahh Bisto!!!

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Loan all day long.

He'll be worth more next year because of inflated prices regardless of progressing further and I think he's actually a very capable and tidy player we could bring through next year. Considering Henderson is 29 and Milner is 31, and even Wijanldum is 28, we need succession plans in place.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By jjmelling/Stato
Loan all day long.

He'll be worth more next year because of inflated prices regardless of progressing further and I think he's actually a very capable and tidy player we could bring through next year. Considering Henderson is 29 and Milner is 31, and even Wijanldum is 28, we need succession plans in place.

So why not keep him and bring him through this year? we have enough games coming up with all the cup games to give him games and see how he does, he has done well at Hertha/

Milner might be used less this season, I can see him being a useful option, especially if we do not buy a MF, which looks likely.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 22/06/19 07:51 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Loan all day long.

So why not keep him and bring him through this year? we have enough games coming up with all the cup games to give him games and see how he does, he has done well at Hertha/

Milner might be used less this season, I can see him being a useful option, especially if we do not buy a MF, which looks likely.

With Ox back and maybe Lallana, we have 7 midfielders for 3 positions, can't see how we'll accommodate 1 more. Unless we sell, can't see how to fit Grujic

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
We are overloaded with midfielders. He's a handy player, but still rough around the edges. Loan him and don't sell him on the cheap.

R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
Don't Atletico want him? 40m was quoted..

I like him, he got something, just hope he can bring it to the table most games..

Cardiff played him out of position, they used him as deep mid, he looks more box to box, however the goal against Barca pre season may suggest he has some capabilities as a 10.

Is there any work permit issues with him?? Berlin raved about him last season..

Rafa B,
Freeman of the land,
UKColoumn news,Russia today news.
Getoutofdebtfree.co.uk
YNWA....
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By EnergisedReds
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Loan all day long.

With Ox back and maybe Lallana, we have 7 midfielders for 3 positions, can't see how we'll accommodate 1 more. Unless we sell, can't see how to fit Grujic

Agreed, I think he is behind in the pecking order, and purely because of experience and game-time rather than talent. If you consider that Lallana and Milner and even Henderson are 29+, it won't be long before bringing him back with a full pre-season will be on the cards. I believe he's very highly rated so if we sold him, it would only be because he doesn't match what we have in the club at the moment. Throwing sentiment out the window, £40m with a buy-back clause is our perfect scenario with most under 25's looking like they'd make it and love the club enough to come back. Difficult to second guess the club at the moment but can't envisage more than a loan if we do have plans for him next year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM