Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Flames Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By 5Rivers79
Do or die game. Might aswel go all out for the win against Spurs.

whatever about coming up short in the league, the CL is different. We are favourites and it will hurt way more to miss out on it.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
Flames #621765 12/05/19 04:55 PM
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
I think our boys will give it their all. With the pain from last year against Madrid we will have a point to prove playing in Madrid.

Flames #621766 12/05/19 05:00 PM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
Spurs wont show up to lose and they won't feel sorry for Liverpool. They will go all out to win so it's going to be a huge fight.

Flames #621767 12/05/19 05:10 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Great season, great team, great manager, great support, great teeth, great transfer committee, and some great banter between Flames and Wilkij grin

Flames #621768 12/05/19 05:52 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Hurts to lose by a point and with such a tally. But nothing but respect for this team, manager and club. City will know they’ve been in s race that’s for sure.

Anyway, I’m out for the summer (apart from the champions league) so have a good one fellow reds.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I have just come back from anfield no doom and gloom the place is buzzing. Think I will watch the final big screen in city centre. The atmosphere today made my mind up

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Flames #621770 12/05/19 06:47 PM
X
xvx Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
X
Great season, really pleased with it. Gutted to lose by a point but there's no shame in losing out to this city team.we pushed them to the end! Now let's finish the season on a high and bring the champions league trophy home

Flames #621771 12/05/19 08:30 PM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Champions League will be difficult. Spurs have a strong keeper, midfield and attack. Their strikers are more convesntional and perhaps more lethal than ours. Our record against the sides around us hasn't been great this season and spurs in particular have often outplayed us.

Whatever the result, it shouldn't take away the positive feeling from this season. Of course, a win would be great and would give the team a well deserved reward for their a efforts. It will also be a huge psychological boost and a weight off our shoulders for next season. It may also put pressure on City as we would be Champions of Europe smile

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Flames Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Champions League will be difficult. Spurs have a strong keeper, midfield and attack. Their strikers are more convesntional and perhaps more lethal than ours. Our record against the sides around us hasn't been great this season and spurs in particular have often outplayed us.

Whatever the result, it shouldn't take away the positive feeling from this season. Of course, a win would be great and would give the team a well deserved reward for their a efforts. It will also be a huge psychological boost and a weight off our shoulders for next season. It may also put pressure on City as we would be Champions of Europe smile

it's all about intensity and hunger. our problem in the past has been recreating the kind of savagery we had against bayer leverkeusen and barca. That relentless steam roll football doesn't come out often enough and we will definitely need that kind of vicious shock and awe to do this.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
Flames #621773 12/05/19 08:52 PM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Flames
it's all about intensity and hunger. our problem in the past has been recreating the kind of savagery we had against bayer leverkeusen and barca. That relentless steam roll football doesn't come out often enough and we will definitely need that kind of vicious shock and awe to do this.

I think that works against European teams that maybe aren't as fit as our team or aren't used to the fast pace. But againt the top premiership teams, i.e. Spurs and City, that approach is easier said than done.

Spurs can be just as savage and intense as us. In Eriksen, Delli Ali, Kane, Song, Moura and Lorrente they have a very potent attack. We're going to have to be on top of our game and put in one of our best performance. Salah will need to be clinical up front - either in his finishing or making sure he choses the right option in terms of a pass or a shot.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion