KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I think Klopp will want somebody in their very early twenties with room for improvement unless he can get another Salah type player with their contract running down and still to hit their prime.

Werner is probably Klopp's No 1 target for the summer. He ticks all the boxes for a Klopp type player.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By Pickles
I think Klopp will want somebody in their very early twenties with room for improvement unless he can get another Salah type player with their contract running down and still to hit their prime.

Werner is probably Klopp's No 1 target for the summer. He ticks all the boxes for a Klopp type player.

Kerching! Spot on.
This is why we get linked with Werner and now Brandt. Previously it was with Pulisic.
Right age, experience level, good price, resale value. They tick a lot of boxes.

Someone like Zaha is a real gamble for the £70m Palace would want. We are not paying that for a player who is not going to be a guaranteed starter.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By SSO
Not seen him play but those are impressive figures for a one team league for a player not playing for that team.

Right age and this story has been doing the rounds for a few days now. Could be the usual end of season hawking a player around by his club trying to screw the most money out of someone.

Usual rules apply. If he is a worker and a Klopp style player he has a chance of playing for us. If a better cheaper option for the team is found elsewhere then that player will get the opportunity instead.
alot of them are penalties (8)

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I think Palace would want too much money for Zaha, his contract runs until 2023. I'd also be concerned about the 2 knee injuries from last season where he was out for 118 days.

for the right price i would take him

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By SSO

Kerching! Spot on.
This is why we get linked with Werner and now Brandt. Previously it was with Pulisic.
Right age, experience level, good price, resale value. They tick a lot of boxes.

Someone like Zaha is a real gamble for the £70m Palace would want. We are not paying that for a player who is not going to be a guaranteed starter.

I think Zaha will be less of a gamble as he has performed in the EPL.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By SSO

Kerching! Spot on.

Ok we can disagree on this but for around £70m who would he feasibly replace on a regular basis without weakening the side? Would we accommodate him at the expense of what has brought us this far this season with a club record points haul?

Last edited by SSO; 23/04/19 02:42 PM.
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
We need a pacy and versatile forward who can slot in for any of our regular starters and not weaken our goal threat. I expected that Sturridge would fit that bill in this outgoing season but he hasn't measured up, when given the chance, which admittedly were scarce.
We also need backup/ competition for Robertson, in addition to a creative attacking midfielder. I'd be happy with those three positions being filled by quality additions, for the upcoming season, assuming we don't lose any of our regular starters and backups.

Last edited by Hercules/AF 58; 23/04/19 05:15 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By SSO

Kerching! Spot on.

I agree, I think Zaha is one of the few PL players we could get who would fit into our system and deliver, he want's CL football, so he is looking for a move. If we can get him for a good price, say around £50 million, I think he would be a good buy as he can play across the front line and gets goals, remember, we sold Benteke & Sakho to Palace for about £60 million, so we do owe them abit extra lol

I would love us to get Son from Tottenham, he would really fit our system, but I can't see them selling, especially to a rival, maybe if they don't get CL if would be worth a go?

Last edited by ecnirp98; 23/04/19 09:05 PM.
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
If available, Son over Zaha any day.

A
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A
Originally Posted By elimmel
If available, Son over Zaha any day.

Yes a far better finisher and a better attitude. For pace he is like a younger Vardy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion