KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Only the brilliance of Alisson in the end saved us...we can't be keep relying on the backline all the time, we have to play our most in form players. Shaqiri and Keita had shown in previous games they are on form, Henderson should have been on the bench he has not given any Match Commanding performances this season. He is supposed to be the Captain, the leader, the one who everybody else on the pitch looks to for guidance and inspiration. We can see Klopp feels a sense of duty and loyalty to pick Henderson, however it's clear Henderson is now behind others in our squad and blind allegiance will eventually bite us on our ar#e for picking him.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
Freaking nerve wrecking with the number of chances missed. Thank you Salah and our man mountain Alisson! YNWA!

A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
I thought our whole team played fantastic for 70minutes and Napoli couldnt get a look on goal. We started tiring and let them in but Alisson is there to make the save when it mattered.

I take a huge positive in the performance from our midfield, hugely improved from the usual drab. I'm a big Henderson and Wijnaldum critic but both of them did well tonight - Henderson for once played the link man btw defence and attack well, bringing the ball forward and taking far less time on the ball and distributing it quicker and with more threat. Wiljnaldum was all over pressing and also supported the attack well.

Great performance all around, the negatives were the missed chances and also a few lapses in concentration which let them in. Robertson had a good game but he also miscued a cross which he failed to clear and presented them with an opportunity.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Pickles
Only the brilliance of Alisson in the end saved us...we can't be keep relying on the backline all the time, we have to play our most in form players. Shaqiri and Keita had shown in previous games they are on form, Henderson should have been on the bench he has not given any Match Commanding performances this season. He is supposed to be the Captain, the leader, the one who everybody else on the pitch looks to for guidance and inspiration. We can see Klopp feels a sense of duty and loyalty to pick Henderson, however it's clear Henderson is now behind others in our squad and blind allegiance will eventually bite us on our ar#e for picking him.

I don't think there is anything to do with allegiance but the fittest to play. Yes Alisson saved us but their goalkeeper saved m9re or Mane missed too many. With the same team, including Henderson, playing the same football, we could have won 3-0 if Mane would have taken his clear chances and this has nothing to do with Henderson. Did we watch the same game?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Criticising Henderson for his performance last night is mind boggling. We battered them last night. If our forwards would have taken one of the odd 20+ chances they had we would have won 5 nil

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Hendo is the new Lucas. No matter what he does he’ll get slaughtered.

A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
I was watching the game and thinking holy crap henderson improved so much. he was brave in carrying the ball out of defence at times and his passing was so much more threatening. I'm normally not his biggest fan and slag him during the 9 out of 10 games where he plays like crap but ytd he was a def 7/10 or more.

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I don't know how anyone can complain after watching that. We made a top top side look very poor.

I don't like that midfield 3 but they were immense last night. Henderson I'm no fan of but he was excellent. Hopefully the competition causes him to step his game up but his passes were incisive and much more positive. I won't get carried away, but the midfield is at least competitive and hopefully Keita will be a regular before the next round.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Big relief to avoid the cancer that is the Europa league. A lot of chances missed and at the end we could of lost it but allison my word what a save. Now we sit back and wait for the draw but it's going to be a super heavy weight for sure unless we luck out and get Porto again.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
I thought our whole team played fantastic for 70minutes and Napoli couldnt get a look on goal. We started tiring and let them in but Alisson is there to make the save when it mattered.

I take a huge positive in the performance from our midfield, hugely improved from the usual drab. I'm a big Henderson and Wijnaldum critic but both of them did well tonight - Henderson for once played the link man btw defence and attack well, bringing the ball forward and taking far less time on the ball and distributing it quicker and with more threat. Wiljnaldum was all over pressing and also supported the attack well.

Great performance all around, the negatives were the missed chances and also a few lapses in concentration which let them in. Robertson had a good game but he also miscued a cross which he failed to clear and presented them with an opportunity.

Yeah I fully agree Asian Red, and I'd also say even Matip looks reborn, great performance from him again. Robertson, Milner, and Hendo put in great performances with Wijnaldum a standout on the night. I'd give MOTM to Salah for his all round effort and that golden goal from an almost impossible position, and totally self made, he's a magical magician. Despite an all round brilliant display we still required the amazing Allison to make a point blank save to keep us in it due to squandering multiple chances.
Klopp deserves credit for taking the lock and shackles off his midfield, and letting the dogs out, it was like last season all over again. Well done Klopp and well done the lads, that was vintage Liverpool at Anfield on an wonderful European night. Am still in recovery here...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion