KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 07:45 PM
LIVERPOOL: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

SUBS: Mignolet, Lovren, Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.
Posted By: WNP Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 07:53 PM
Not a particularly inspiring midfield, but hopefully will be enough to get a couple goals
Posted By: Oli Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 08:59 PM
Just can't get it with that midfield. Milner the only one that tries to attack.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 09:02 PM
Don't like the look of that MF, we need goals, so to not put a Keita or Shaq in there is odd.... looks like we will be hoping the front 3 have a good night and create/score themselves
Posted By: van Gogh Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 09:17 PM
Klopp is definitely going for a 1-0 scoreline.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 11:32 PM
Great win, we played well, just didn't take our chances, but the main thing is we are through, whichever way we did it. Amazing save by Alisson at the end, that shows you why we paid all that money and got rid of Karius & Migs, he is a different level.

Lets see who we get in the next round, we can wrap up the PL in the neantime smile

Only downer is VvD is suspended from our next CL game, Gomez should be back by then at least.
Great result tonight, solid performance. Happy days and we are not in that awful Thursday night football which would screw up our title chances
Posted By: van Gogh Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 11:45 PM
Yep!

Would have hated the Thursday night blues.

Happy we got through.

But could someone please help Man� with his aiming abilities (or lack of them)?
Posted By: Pickles Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 11:46 PM
The 11 Klopp picked to start tonight leaves a lot to be desired even if we did scrape through in the end.

It was as if he'd placed so much importance on the Man Utd game ahead of this game because both Keita and Shaqiri should have been in from the start. Almost a schoolboy error by Klopp if we'd gone out tonight because we would have been playing catch up every weekend playing Sundays and Mondays, following a Europa League game.

A few players received knocks in that game and we'll be lucky if all survive to face Man Utd at the weekend.

I can't stress enough what a HUGE contribution both Alisson & VVD bring to this team, both colossus's tonight and MOM should have been split between the pair of them. How Robertson got BBC MOM over both of them begs the question again that they are ray cists towards johnny foreigners!
Posted By: paul66 Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 11/12/18 11:54 PM
Originally Posted By Pickles
The 11 Klopp picked to start tonight leaves a lot to be desired even if we did scrape through in the end.

It was as if he'd placed so much importance on the Man Utd game ahead of this game because both Keita and Shaqiri should have been in from the start. Almost a schoolboy error by Klopp if we'd gone out tonight because we would have been playing catch up every weekend playing Sundays and Mondays, following a Europa League game.

A few players received knocks in that game and we'll be lucky if all survive to face Man Utd at the weekend.

I can't stress enough what a HUGE contribution both Alisson & VVD bring to this team, both colossus's tonight and MOM should have been split between the pair of them. How Robertson got BBC MOM over both of them begs the question again that they are ray cists towards johnny foreigners!

We should have been 5 up at 70 mins. I must have been watching a different game
Posted By: Pickles Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 01:10 AM
Only the brilliance of Alisson in the end saved us...we can't be keep relying on the backline all the time, we have to play our most in form players. Shaqiri and Keita had shown in previous games they are on form, Henderson should have been on the bench he has not given any Match Commanding performances this season. He is supposed to be the Captain, the leader, the one who everybody else on the pitch looks to for guidance and inspiration. We can see Klopp feels a sense of duty and loyalty to pick Henderson, however it's clear Henderson is now behind others in our squad and blind allegiance will eventually bite us on our ar#e for picking him.
Posted By: elimmel Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 01:46 AM
Freaking nerve wrecking with the number of chances missed. Thank you Salah and our man mountain Alisson! YNWA!
I thought our whole team played fantastic for 70minutes and Napoli couldnt get a look on goal. We started tiring and let them in but Alisson is there to make the save when it mattered.

I take a huge positive in the performance from our midfield, hugely improved from the usual drab. I'm a big Henderson and Wijnaldum critic but both of them did well tonight - Henderson for once played the link man btw defence and attack well, bringing the ball forward and taking far less time on the ball and distributing it quicker and with more threat. Wiljnaldum was all over pressing and also supported the attack well.

Great performance all around, the negatives were the missed chances and also a few lapses in concentration which let them in. Robertson had a good game but he also miscued a cross which he failed to clear and presented them with an opportunity.
Originally Posted By Pickles
Only the brilliance of Alisson in the end saved us...we can't be keep relying on the backline all the time, we have to play our most in form players. Shaqiri and Keita had shown in previous games they are on form, Henderson should have been on the bench he has not given any Match Commanding performances this season. He is supposed to be the Captain, the leader, the one who everybody else on the pitch looks to for guidance and inspiration. We can see Klopp feels a sense of duty and loyalty to pick Henderson, however it's clear Henderson is now behind others in our squad and blind allegiance will eventually bite us on our ar#e for picking him.

I don't think there is anything to do with allegiance but the fittest to play. Yes Alisson saved us but their goalkeeper saved m9re or Mane missed too many. With the same team, including Henderson, playing the same football, we could have won 3-0 if Mane would have taken his clear chances and this has nothing to do with Henderson. Did we watch the same game?
Posted By: paul66 Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 08:34 AM
Criticising Henderson for his performance last night is mind boggling. We battered them last night. If our forwards would have taken one of the odd 20+ chances they had we would have won 5 nil
Hendo is the new Lucas. No matter what he does he�ll get slaughtered.
I was watching the game and thinking holy crap henderson improved so much. he was brave in carrying the ball out of defence at times and his passing was so much more threatening. I'm normally not his biggest fan and slag him during the 9 out of 10 games where he plays like crap but ytd he was a def 7/10 or more.
Posted By: RedJohn Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 11:24 AM
I don't know how anyone can complain after watching that. We made a top top side look very poor.

I don't like that midfield 3 but they were immense last night. Henderson I'm no fan of but he was excellent. Hopefully the competition causes him to step his game up but his passes were incisive and much more positive. I won't get carried away, but the midfield is at least competitive and hopefully Keita will be a regular before the next round.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 11:59 AM
Big relief to avoid the cancer that is the Europa league. A lot of chances missed and at the end we could of lost it but allison my word what a save. Now we sit back and wait for the draw but it's going to be a super heavy weight for sure unless we luck out and get Porto again.
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
I thought our whole team played fantastic for 70minutes and Napoli couldnt get a look on goal. We started tiring and let them in but Alisson is there to make the save when it mattered.

I take a huge positive in the performance from our midfield, hugely improved from the usual drab. I'm a big Henderson and Wijnaldum critic but both of them did well tonight - Henderson for once played the link man btw defence and attack well, bringing the ball forward and taking far less time on the ball and distributing it quicker and with more threat. Wiljnaldum was all over pressing and also supported the attack well.

Great performance all around, the negatives were the missed chances and also a few lapses in concentration which let them in. Robertson had a good game but he also miscued a cross which he failed to clear and presented them with an opportunity.

Yeah I fully agree Asian Red, and I'd also say even Matip looks reborn, great performance from him again. Robertson, Milner, and Hendo put in great performances with Wijnaldum a standout on the night. I'd give MOTM to Salah for his all round effort and that golden goal from an almost impossible position, and totally self made, he's a magical magician. Despite an all round brilliant display we still required the amazing Allison to make a point blank save to keep us in it due to squandering multiple chances.
Klopp deserves credit for taking the lock and shackles off his midfield, and letting the dogs out, it was like last season all over again. Well done Klopp and well done the lads, that was vintage Liverpool at Anfield on an wonderful European night. Am still in recovery here...
Posted By: elimmel Re: CONFIRMED TEAM & MATCH THREAD V NAPOLI - 12/12/18 01:20 PM
Watching the game a 2nd time as I type this. Can�t believe how we were not home and dry within the 1st hour.
That�s how well the time played and made Napoli look really ordinary.
Guess they finally woke up to try and snatch it towards the end but we have Alisson. smile
That was a captain's performance from Henderson last night. Him VVD, Alisson, Milner, and Salah were Colossus. Matip was also very good. Robertson is still running. So proud of what this team has become.
© KopTalk Forums