Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
Once klopp has completed an historic season in managing to win every trophy even those not available to him like the checkatrade and the ashes. He can retire and let Gerrard have a go.

Obviously a joke but here are some things Gerrard has said to reporters. He's absolutely brilliant in interviews and I'd love to see how the English media dealt with his bluntness.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea...angers-manager/

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles
Once klopp has completed an historic season in managing to win every trophy even those not available to him like the checkatrade and the ashes. He can retire and let Gerrard have a go.

Obviously a joke but here are some things Gerrard has said to reporters. He's absolutely brilliant in interviews and I'd love to see how the English media dealt with his bluntness.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea...angers-manager/

He does give the reporters a hard time, put them in their places

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Look I love Gerrard but seriously he has zero experience of managing a pl team let alone a big club like liverpool. I know the club is his house but he will fail miserably. He needs to put some years into his CV before he can come back. At this stage he has no chance of succeeding.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Exactly!

I'd say at least 5 years of gradually escalated levels of management will be the minimum before we could even think about it.

He needs to prove himself winning major trophies as a manager before he can be considered a Liverpool manager.

We don't want to end his career and our fortunes with a mess up.

O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
I agree. He should try epl for few years with a club expected to do well. If that works out then maybe Liverpool.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I'd have liked Gerrard to have taken a hiatus and go around all the top clubs in Europe and maybe in South America getting a greater understanding of various tactics and successful club set ups. Granted he has gained knowledge from his time at Liverpool but the truly great Managers tend to learn all aspects about the game, I don't think Gerrard's knowledge has scratched the surface of what he needs to know to take over as Liverpool Manager.

I remember reading about how Rafa wanted to learn more and he took one year off in 1999 to study training methods at Manchester United, Arsenal and in Italy.

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
No thank you.

Topic over.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Dude, Welsh, you are weird asf man. Its like you want liverpool to lose at times.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I might be with welshie on this one. Will take a good few years of experience which he won’t get in Scotland. And then if he did get the job it’d be all about Stevie which could be good for the team but could just as easily be a disaster.

What ever though, it’s a long way off just yet.

Last edited by wilkij1975; 12/12/18 12:19 AM.
M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
The first line of the second paragraph says that "obviously this is a joke"

I can't see him stepping into the roll just yet off the back of a season at rangers.

We have no idea how successful he or klopp will be.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion