Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#608999 11/08/18 05:10 PM
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By RaleighChopper
Few things I think we need to happen for me to feel confident.

Salah needs a season like last season
No real injuries
All new signing have to get used to League straight away and hit ground running
We need to have all the luck we had last season for the coming season
Klopp needs to have a plan B
We need City to have a very very very poor season
We need United to have a poor season
We need Spurs to have a poor season
We need Chelsea to have the same season as last
We need Arsenal to have the same season as last

If we can get all these things together then I think we can win the English Premier League for the first time in our history and cause the biggest shock since Leicester City won it...

Wibble

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
It wasn't a shock Blackburn won the league they were a top side for a short period with the best players in the league they were better than United.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
It wasn't a shock Blackburn won the league they were a top side for a short period with the best players in the league they were better than United.

And they had a top manager as well, who had done it before.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
If the geese are flying south this early, it's a bad sign. City and United are used to harsh conditions, being further north than us. Think I might revise my prediction forthwith to maybe another 4 finish...

#609051 12/08/18 12:20 AM
G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Originally Posted By ghostgoal
Again, it is you who is making the correlation of expectation to money spent, no one else. You are the one who is asserting that we should expect Liverpool to win the league due to money spent. You're right that it was a shock that blackburn won the league...but again no one was expecting them to even though they spent the most money...that is why it was a 'shock'. Nice false equivalence though.

F- must try harder.

So let's get this right, if Fulham spent 450m on players in the summer transfer window and won the league it you wouldn't be shocked and after that you wouldn't say well given the money they spent you would expect them to win the league...

I'd find it shocking that fulham spent that money in the first place, but depending on what they spent that money on, if they won the league it wouldnt shock me no...because they spent a lot of money.., not in anyway as shocking as leicester winning the league which is what you were originally comparing Liverpool winning the league to, this is where you cant really keep your nonsense in line. You are saying that after liverpool have spent a lot of money that we would or should be expecting to win the league..whilst at the same time saying it would be as shocking as Leicester winning it, even though they never spent half the money we spent this year...

Would I be shocked if we won it this year? No, I'd be ecstatic but I think we've demonstrated that we have a first 11 that can compete with anyone in world football. Am I expecting us to win it? No, because Manchester City exist and despite improving, our squad isnt as deep as it could be, and certainly not as good depth wise as city's. You're just so determined to be derisory toward the club in whatever way you can you're not even bothering to avoid contradicting yourself.

#609103 12/08/18 03:42 PM
Muj Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Few things I think we need to happen for me to feel confident.

Salah needs a season like last season
No real injuries
All new signing have to get used to League straight away and hit ground running
We need to have all the luck we had last season for the coming season
Klopp needs to have a plan B
We need City to have a very very very poor season
We need United to have a poor season
We need Spurs to have a poor season
We need Chelsea to have the same season as last
We need Arsenal to have the same season as last

If we can get all these things together then I think we can win the English Premier League for the first time in our history and cause the biggest shock since Leicester City won it...

I would add city to have a good CL so that shifts their focus n form

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
What about getting them geese to fly back to where ever the fucck they came from? That could make all the difference.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion