Print Thread
Rate Thread
#604138 27/05/18 04:22 AM
Muj Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
this would probably be seen as a kneejerk but

if we could , who out of the current squad should never play for liverpool again or atleast not a guaranteed starter?

I would probably go with the whole midfield. Hendo,Milli,Gini. I know Karius would be a given for everyone.

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Muj #604139 27/05/18 04:27 AM
Muj Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
howcome i forgot mentioning Lallana

Steven Gerrard: Heartbeat of LFC.

football is fuckingg cruel
Muj #604145 27/05/18 06:38 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Muj
this would probably be seen as a kneejerk but

if we could , who out of the current squad should never play for liverpool again or atleast not a guaranteed starter?

I would probably go with the whole midfield. Hendo,Milli,Gini. I know Karius would be a given for everyone.

I would rather say Karius, Lallana. Hendo, Milli and Gini are too similar to play at the same time but we need such players but play only 2. Anyway Milner has only one year at the required level.

Muj #604153 27/05/18 08:46 AM
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I have no complaints about any of the players mentioned. All gave their best over the season. Can't fault their attitude and commitment. That's not to say that they we shouldn't upgrade in their positions if better players come through.

The one player who I hope never plays for us again is Can. He obviously hasn't been committed since the beginning of the season. Disgrace. Even if he signed a new contract I would put him on the transfer list straight away and get rid.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Muj #604164 27/05/18 10:54 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
We need better players, but I think what we have now should be part of a good squad, we need more strength in depth.

We had some key injuries to players like Ox, Can and Lallana and we didn't have the same quality to replace them, we are bringing on players in the CL final who haven't played football for months in Lallana & Can and cannot be match fit, we lose our best player who is our primary threat again RM and we don't have a real alternative on the bench.

While RM can bring on genuine world class players in Bale & Asensio.

I don't know if Karius will recover from last night, that can destroy a player. I think we need to get a Top Class keeper like Oblak, but i've been saying that for a while, not just based on last night, but it's key moments in games like that, that decide if you win or lose trophies.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
We need better players, but I think what we have now should be part of a good squad, we need more strength in depth.

We had some key injuries to players like Ox, Can and Lallana and we didn't have the same quality to replace them, we are bringing on players in the CL final who haven't played football for months in Lallana & Can and cannot be match fit, we lose our best player who is our primary threat again RM and we don't have a real alternative on the bench.

I don't know if Karius will recover from last night, that can destroy a player. I think we need to get a Top Class keeper like Oblak, but i've been saying that for a while, not just based on last night, but it's key moments in games like that, that decide if you win or lose trophies.

I don't think that will happen. Will be stupid money if it does. Team is decent. We need an upgrade in midfield which Kieta should help with. Fekir is another player who can play midfield and plays up front so that will help. Problem is bench was rubbish last night.

Ings and Solanke as someone said before would probably not get a game for palace

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By paul66
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

I don't think that will happen. Will be stupid money if it does. Team is decent. We need an upgrade in midfield which Kieta should help with. Fekir is another player who can play midfield and plays up front so that will help. Problem is bench was rubbish last night.

Ings and Solanke as someone said before would probably not get a game for palace

Stupid money, but well worth it, people were saying it was stupid money for VvD, but look how he has helped improve our defense.

A top GK helps you win trophies and leagues, look at how many points De Gea saves Utd each season, they wouldn't get top 4 without him. we get top 4 despite a pair of dodgy keepers ! If we made 1 really big signing this season, I would prioritise GK, Oblak is 25, so if we sign him, we could have him 10 years.

Muj #604200 27/05/18 05:27 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
If we don't capitalize on this season's CL display and sign a few tcp's then I don't know when we'll do it.

Getting Oblak, for example, would normally not be even possible. Lives in Spain, ends top 3 in La Liga and plays CL regularly.

But now we have a CL final to show for! That's our chance. The team is progressing and we reached the final.

We need a keeper, a CB, a no nonsense midfielder (on top of Keita) and we need a striker upgrade (instead of Ings and Solanke). That's 4 players plus Keita.

Now get the f...ing job done and ASAP please before the WC begins!

Muj #604242 28/05/18 12:35 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
We have this conversation every summer

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion