Rate Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
It's not something I've thought of.... and it's a much bigger question than simply assessing whether one particular case can be considered to be a dynasty.

I don't claim to have a full knowledge of football history across every league in the world... but I can't think of any other examples similar to the dynasty established by Shankly. Can you?

Even after Dalglish, the dynasty continued, albeit not as succesfully, but we had Ronnie Moran, Graeme Souness and Roy Evans. The bootroom became a world famous institution. It only came to an end when Houllier took full charge I suppose.

Wasn't the bootroom scrapped by Souness?

You may be right. I was referring to the dynasty ending when we appointed Houllier.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
It's not something I've thought of.... and it's a much bigger question than simply assessing whether one particular case can be considered to be a dynasty.

I don't claim to have a full knowledge of football history across every league in the world... but I can't think of any other examples similar to the dynasty established by Shankly. Can you?

Even after Dalglish, the dynasty continued, albeit not as succesfully, but we had Ronnie Moran, Graeme Souness and Roy Evans. The bootroom became a world famous institution. It only came to an end when Houllier took full charge I suppose.

Wasn't the bootroom scrapped by Souness?

You may be right. I was referring to the dynasty ending when we appointed Houllier.

For me he is the one who fked up the dynasty. He anyway didn't do anything good after that.

Last edited by TiredReds; 24/03/18 08:48 AM.
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
I feel for Souness having his legacy tarnished by it all. It's a bit like trying to follow Fergie. The club was on the decline; wasn't re-investing properly; couple of bad buys and the simple fact was that the times were a changin'.

Souness tried to change things too quickly and it backfired.

To be fair I was 11 at the time so my opinions' based on interviews etc.. rather than experience.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By RedJohn
I feel for Souness having his legacy tarnished by it all. It's a bit like trying to follow Fergie. The club was on the decline; wasn't re-investing properly; couple of bad buys and the simple fact was that the times were a changin'.

Souness tried to change things too quickly and it backfired.

To be fair I was 11 at the time so my opinions' based on interviews etc.. rather than experience.

When Dalglish left as he couldn't handle pressure anymore, Hillsborough disaster being on of the main causes from what he said, I think we were first or second in the league but had a bad cup game. He even thought he would be called back which didn't happen then and he ended up winning the title at Blackburn. Some would say the decline started with him, but even Fergie took sometime to renew his team every now and then making mistakes, but, he ended up having more resources.

Last edited by TiredReds; 24/03/18 10:02 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The bootroom was scrapped by souness. Souness gets a lot of unnecessary stick I went to every game home and away in that era. Liverpool were declining and had not adapted to the modern fitness era. Souness made mistakes but he did a lot of work bringing Liverpool to modern standards for which he never gets credit. Houllier and Evans reaped the benefits of that and it's telling they never reversed souness work on the training etc.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The bootroom was scrapped by souness. Souness gets a lot of unnecessary stick I went to every game home and away in that era. Liverpool were declining and had not adapted to the modern fitness era. Souness made mistakes but he did a lot of work bringing Liverpool to modern standards for which he never gets credit. Houllier and Evans reaped the benefits of that and it's telling they never reversed souness work on the training etc.

I remember when Houllier took over from Evans when the co management didn't work, he said he had to bring back discipline and one of the first players to be sold was the Captain, the govnor Ince, same with Fowler after the sniffing incident. I think by then the club was no longer the same, United had already taken a big lead, as did Wenger's Arsenal. The latter's progression stopped with the building of their stadium which ate all their resources.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The rot started with dalglish souness did some good work whch was necessary but ultimately made a lot of mistakes houliier and Evans progessed it was only with Rafa we went up a level the re emergence of the king and Rodgers eras are better left forgotten Klopp seems to be making some progress but the jury is out still.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The rot started with dalglish souness did some good work whch was necessary but ultimately made a lot of mistakes houliier and Evans progessed it was only with Rafa we went up a level the re emergence of the king and Rodgers eras are better left forgotten Klopp seems to be making some progress but the jury is out still.

Rafa did well in his first couple of seasons then it went downhill, Rodgson was really a bad patch, the King steered the ship out, still won our last trophy under him, Rodgers showed promise but it was too big a job for his early career. But the ground was lost under Souness. A bit like United since Fergie left except that they have huge resources

Last edited by TiredReds; 25/03/18 04:26 AM.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion