Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
By the end of this season, we will be in a far better financial position than we were a few seasons ago. leicester got 72m for reaching the QF of the CL. We still have the Couthino money and even if we spend it. Klopp has not spent much overall. We got more money for getting in top 4 last season and hopefully again this season.

I don't want to go down the FSG spending money debate as I am bored of it. But realistically CL means more money and more money means better players and trophies.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Pickles
Let's be honest here, Maureen has maybe another transfer window or 2 before his expiration date is up, judging by his work history. If Man Utd put up with him any longer, he'll have spent another shitte load of money into the process, but does anybody believe that he is going to topple Guardiola's Citeh in 1 season or even us if Klopp get's his additions in the summer?

Maureen is such an abrasive cvnt, he has isolated himself from the OT dressing room, the OT fans, the media and probably now any ambitious decent players out there. Maureen will only be tempting mercenaries like Sanchez in the last days of his Man Utd tenure.

I don't see Maureen going anywhere soon. 8 weeks ago, he signed a new contract to keep him at OT until 2020. Yes, he will spend a ton of money but my point is that it's money the club can afford.

Will anyone topple Cithe? As Maureen said in the clip, Gaurdiola is making Cithe look good but with players that were there before he arrived. The investment in Citche started many seasons ago and United's only started last season. Anyway, I'm not peddling United anymore, although it's their business model I'm peddling not the Club.

On another note. If you want to observe what happens to a club when the purse strings cut, take a look at the Chelsea. It's amazing what a new stadium and a threat of a clampdown on Oligarch's can do.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By paul66
By the end of this season, we will be in a far better financial position than we were a few seasons ago. leicester got 72m for reaching the QF of the CL. We still have the Couthino money and even if we spend it. Klopp has not spent much overall. We got more money for getting in top 4 last season and hopefully again this season.

I don't want to go down the FSG spending money debate as I am bored of it. But realistically CL means more money and more money means better players and trophies.
tell me again how Leicester City have benefited from all that money and just remind me while we are at it how many League titles and Campions Leagues have Arsenal won since the invincible season side considering they have qualified for the champions league every season apart from last season....

I can tell you in a nutshell, what the problem here is...people ave become obsessed with the money interest game and its clouded the judgement of what football is all about...winning trophies....remember that.....tereagain I do think people are very niece and easily led in today's world as in they believe everything on the news or what certain people tell them to believe....I honestly reckon...And I really mean this...that if Klopp told them is better to finish twelfth in the League instead of eighth there would be fans believing him just because it's him saying it...

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit along side him in the treatment room.

Salah has scored 40% of our goals in the Premiership. That's a lot of goals from 2 hamstrings with only Solanke in reserve.

Last edited by TrueRed; 20/03/18 02:56 PM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TrueRed

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit along side him in the treatment room.

Salah has scored 40% of our goals in the Premiership. That's a lot of goals from 2 hamstrings with only Solanke in reserve.

No, we have Ings as well. But seriously, I hope not replacing Coutinho won't come back to bite us as we are very thin in front with Lallana not finding any type of form and Ox not as prolific as our 3 attackers. Salah or Firmino injured, we will be in deep shyte

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit alongside him in the treatment room.

I've no idea how much we are going to spend this summer. But even without FSG dipping into their pockets.(we have spent we little over the last few windows) we have Couthino money and extra CL money. I don't even know if we need that much for what is needed for the squad? The rebuilding job is not as big as before.

You could spend a ton, but Klopp is not going to bring in a bunch of new players. Last season or season before it could have been easily spent.

Not even Salah maybe more Lallana. If Salah falls then Firmino and Mane can fill his void(maybe not as well) but you need a player who can fill in for one of those 3.

If we get CL again this season, we are moving forward. We are more attractive than a few years ago. We have a good manager and our style of football should influence possible signings as well.

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

I hope more money does mean better players because we are very vulnerable. An injury to Salah and our aspirations sit alongside him in the treatment room.

I've no idea how much we are going to spend this summer. But even without FSG dipping into their pockets.(we have spent we little over the last few windows) we have Couthino money and extra CL money. I don't even know if we need that much for what is needed for the squad? The rebuilding job is not as big as before.

You could spend a ton, but Klopp is not going to bring in a bunch of new players. Last season or season before it could have been easily spent.

Not even Salah maybe more Lallana. If Salah falls then Firmino and Mane can fill his void(maybe not as well) but you need a player who can fill in for one of those 3.

If we get CL again this season, we are moving forward. We are more attractive than a few years ago. We have a good manager and our style of football should influence possible signings as well.
you say we are moving in the right direction....don't you think top players who would win you a league or champions league want to play for clubs who do that rather than clubs who just finish in the top four, don't win trophies and just pitch up champions league appearance money....

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
For example, there's no way Man U would have sold Couthino. They would have bought in to complement his presence, not cashed in.

Why did they sell Ronaldo at the peak of his powers then?

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Chris2402
For example, there's no way Man U would have sold Couthino. They would have bought in to complement his presence, not cashed in.

Ronaldo had achieved everything he could of in his carrer at Old Trafford and needed another challenge...could go any further at United besides winning the same trophies more....Madrid and overhauling the fantastic Barcelona side was the new challenge...

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Chris2402

Like Bekham before him, Ronaldo wanted off and there was nothing United could do about it. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion