Rate Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I don't know ANY Utd fans that like him and none would be sad to see him go. He goes against their footballing philosophy.

I was extremely surprised that Utd lowered themselves to Mourinho. I wonder what SAF thinks when he sees Mourinho constantly moaning, bitching, criticising the fans, players and everyone but himself. Plus the incredibly negative tactics, something that Fergie would never have employed!

Fergie was as bad as Mourinho is his own way. Morinho is the perfect fit for them. The only mistake Morinho has made is with his style of football.... and failing to challenge for the title.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Jose is playing his games to perfection, he is exerting pressure that things are not right in order to get a bigger war chest to spend in the summer...Conte is doing the same at Chelsea...tut...tut....surely posters can see through this...it's modern football...

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
I don't know ANY Utd fans that like him and none would be sad to see him go. He goes against their footballing philosophy.

I was extremely surprised that Utd lowered themselves to Mourinho. I wonder what SAF thinks when he sees Mourinho constantly moaning, bitching, criticising the fans, players and everyone but himself. Plus the incredibly negative tactics, something that Fergie would never have employed!

Fergie was as bad as Mourinho is his own way. Morinho is the perfect fit for them. The only mistake Morinho has made is with his style of football.... and failing to challenge for the title.

Fergie had his moments, but the two are not the same. Mourinho is all about himself and a nasty piece of work when he loses. Ferguson had a bit of class about him, something mourinho is lacking.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By paul66

Fergie had his moments, but the two are not the same. Mourinho is all about himself and a nasty piece of work when he loses. Ferguson had a bit of class about him, something mourinho is lacking.

LOL.

Fergie was every bit as nasty as Mourinho when losing. Both managers were so obsessed with winning that anyone who came in their way got attacked by any means possible - referees, opposing managers, top players from rival teams, journalists etc.

I don't biuy the line about Fergie having a bit of class. That was just a front and only applied to anyone who was subservient or wasn't a threat.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S

LOL.

Fergie was every bit as nasty as Mourinho when losing. Both managers were so obsessed with winning that anyone who came in their way got attacked by any means possible - referees, opposing managers, top players from rival teams, journalists etc.

I don't biuy the line about Fergie having a bit of class. That was just a front and only applied to anyone who was subservient or wasn't a threat.
haha Fergie and Jose are both winners all true winners are bad losers...your not telling me Shanks, Cloughie, Paisley or Jock Stein took defeat any different...
What people have to remember is Jose, Conte and Premier League managers are all under more scrutiny and pressure than those from years ago so the judgement is not fair...we seen how older managers struggled with modern way when Dalglish took charge after about ten years out..remember his embarrassing handling of the Suarez incident and interviews around that time...SKY reporters had him in knots...

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By swapshop
haha Fergie and Jose are both winners all true winners are bad losers...your not telling me Shanks, Cloughie, Paisley or Jock Stein took defeat any different...
What people have to remember is Jose, Conte and Premier League managers are all under more scrutiny and pressure than those from years ago so the judgement is not fair...we seen how older managers struggled with modern way when Dalglish took charge after about ten years out..remember his embarrassing handling of the Suarez incident and interviews around that time...SKY reporters had him in knots...

Of course most top sports people are sore losers... but you don't need to cross the line. Klopp is also a sore loser as is Conte and Rafa is too... but none of them have yet earnt a reputation of being nasty.

You can also be a winner without being a sore loser... or by chanelling your hurt in a different way. That's the netx step in evolution. Look at Guardiola... or Federer in tennis.

Anyway, this started of in response to a claim that Fergie had 'class'. I just pointed out that I disagreed and why I disagreed. I wasn't claiming that everyone else was perfect... just that claiming that Fergie had some kind of halo didn't sound right to me.

(Not sure what Dalglish's lack of media skills has got to do with... it didn't make him nasty.)

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By swapshop

Of course most top sports people are sore losers... but you don't need to cross the line. Klopp is also a sore loser as is Conte and Rafa is too... but none of them have yet earnt a reputation of being nasty.

You can also be a winner without being a sore loser... or by chanelling your hurt in a different way. That's the netx step in evolution. Look at Guardiola... or Federer in tennis.

Anyway, this started of in response to a claim that Fergie had 'class'. I just pointed out that I disagreed and why I disagreed. I wasn't claiming that everyone else was perfect... just that claiming that Fergie had some kind of halo didn't sound right to me.

(Not sure what Dalglish's lack of media skills has got to do with... it didn't make him nasty.)

If you look back at the stuff Mourinho did not sure he was ever on that level. Gouging at player's faces, making comments about another managers wife. Mourinho is dirt. I have a lot more respect for Fergie as a person than Mourinho

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
If you look back at the stuff Mourinho did not sure he was ever on that level. Gouging at player's faces, making comments about another managers wife. Mourinho is dirt. I have a lot more respect for Fergie as a person than Mourinho

If you're judging Fergie by Mourinho's standards than yes he might look like a saint sometimes. I suggest that Fergie was just a little more cleverer than Mourinho in terms of when, where and how to be nasty.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
I just don't understand this guy, what is he trying to acheive by throwing his players under the bus in public? Just seems weird, are we suppose to feel sorry for him or something? He earns like 20m a year and he is crying like a little girl. Pathetic.

Last edited by Snakeye; 18/03/18 03:45 AM.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
He's utterly unlikeable. I hated Fergie too and he was vicious at times, but even LFC fans grudgingly respect his acheivements. Jose spunks as much money as possible, and meltsdown as soon as things start to turn, then quits/gets sacked and blames everyone else. He's obsessed with himself and doesn't care one bit about the teams or players he manages. Creating a global brand and over-hauling LFC's titles on one hand, smash and grab on the other. Him and Fergie are uncomparable.

As above, he's a child at the best of times. I do wonder what he's like in private..

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion