Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Originally Posted By theanfieldpigeon
in terms of league standings we ARE on their level. Maybe not City's but no one is on citys level at the minute, and wont be short of winning the lottery by getting oil owners. "It doesnt make any sense for a fan to chase the money" The fans are not the ones chasing the money, the club are...because the club is a business. Just like every other club in or around the same league positions are business's and doing the same thing, they're prioritising that which yields the most reward and facilitates future investment.

Current league standings is not really the measure though us it ?

So what is?

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By swapshop
in terms of league standings we ARE on their level. Maybe not City's but no one is on citys level at the minute, and wont be short of winning the lottery by getting oil owners. "It doesnt make any sense for a fan to chase the money" The fans are not the ones chasing the money, the club are...because the club is a business. Just like every other club in or around the same league positions are business's and doing the same thing, they're prioritising that which yields the most reward and facilitates future investment.
yes but fans are only chasing the champions league because of the money it pulls in, Benfica, Ajax and Celtic appear in it every season but for what? What are the fans of those clubs actualy getting out of it apart from maybe a chance to see Messi, Ronald or Neymar play at their home stadium. For fans we go to the match or maybe support the club in the hope of seeing them maybe win a trophy, from the smallest club to the biggest this is the true essence of what football is, it's to try and win a trophy and when you look at our Club we don't do that, that's why I no longer understand what Liverpool Football exists for anymore...

The fans don’t chase the champions league. The club does . The fans follow and support the club wherever they go. Yeah they hope to watch their team win a trophy. Every fan does. Champions league is the biggest trophy in club football. Therefore it’s the competition every club wants to be in and wants to win. We’re in the competition, competing in it. If we’re not in it then there is a 0 chance of winning it. Not really seeing your point? It just seems like your whining about the fact we haven’t won a trophy in awhile and somehow using that as an excuse to question why we’re in the most prestigious competition. You don’t make any sense.
yes but the decision is to we want to compete for trophies we can win or ta trophy we can't possibly win unless a miracle happens, it's not me who has said we have to decide it's the managers actions probably under the orders of owners that we can't compete for domestic cups because it harms the chances of qualifying for the champions league.
Are you telling me next season Leicester City fans given the choice would rather make another appearance in the champions League or win F.A Cup, League Cup or Europa League...no chance, it's better to choose battles you can win than ones you haven't a hope in winning...you don't make any sense...

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Ultimately yes it is. Of course it is. What relevance is anything else if ultimately it doesn’t reflect on our league standings and on the pitch? I don’t go to games to watch new facilities, the bank balances or business deals, I go to watch the football.
so why would you want your manager to target a trophy you can't win instead of trophies you can win? Just don't understand....
Your right that you watch games for glory and success but the owners, manager and players who target new facilities, bank balances and new deals...we both target completely different things and why football and business will never mix, this is why I will never understand any fan siding with owners, manager and fans by wanting top four and Champions League appearance money ahead of the glory, success and fame of winning Europa Leagues and domestic cups...absolute madness...

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
What has any of this got to do with lessons learnt and reccomendations after the Utd loss? Seems like some can't keep to topic and have to pedal their own agenda by saturating the forum with the same old fukking bollox.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By swapshop
Ultimately yes it is. Of course it is. What relevance is anything else if ultimately it doesn’t reflect on our league standings and on the pitch? I don’t go to games to watch new facilities, the bank balances or business deals, I go to watch the football.
so why would you want your manager to target a trophy you can't win instead of trophies you can win? Just don't understand....
Your right that you watch games for glory and success but the owners, manager and players who target new facilities, bank balances and new deals...we both target completely different things and why football and business will never mix, this is why I will never understand any fan siding with owners, manager and fans by wanting top four and Champions League appearance money ahead of the glory, success and fame of winning Europa Leagues and domestic cups...absolute madness...

We've made it to the finals of two cup competitions in the past two years, have moved up several places in the league, and we're in the quarter finals in the Champions league with most goals scored and most clean sheets in the competition. That sounds like competing for trophies to me.

Would you rather us drop down to the championship so that we could win it? What a loser attitude.

I would like to have won a trophy by now, but this is progress from where we were (no final appearances since 2011, only one CL appearance since 2009, dumped out of the group stages).

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
What has any of this got to do with lessons learnt and reccomendations after the Utd loss? Seems like some can't keep to topic and have to pedal their own agenda by saturating the forum with the same old fukking bollox.

Wilks lad!
Yer taking the bait. eek

IGNORE! eek mad

S
swapshop
Unregistered
swapshop
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted By Growler
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

Wilks lad!
Yer taking the bait. eek

IGNORE! eek mad
thought you would of been clever enough to know it's all been tried before and never works...boyo...calling for fellow posters to ignore people is not good at all....embarrassing and pathetic in fact but knock yer self out and see how far you get...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion