Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
wilkij1975 #598419 13/03/18 05:17 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
I would stick with karius for next season even buying a new so called world class keeper is still a gamble if karius continues his progress we might be onto a winner it's worth the gamble

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
dipper #598430 13/03/18 08:23 PM
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Am I the only one that considers Karius to be badly poisoned for Rashfords two identical goals

Pickles #598444 13/03/18 09:48 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Pickles
I don't get the use of the words "World Class" for prospects?
Is Alison World Class? What has he done to earn that tag?

World Class to me is somebody with a list of winning honours.

He's the Brazilian Number 1 keeper, keeping out Edisson, so he much be top class, but I agree, to be World Class he needs to win trophies.

dipper #598452 13/03/18 10:29 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
He's one of the top rated keepers in Europe. Ederson or LLoris or De Gea hadn't won much before they moved.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Am I the only one that considers Karius to be badly poisoned for Rashfords two identical goals

Are you being serious? The first one was a hell of a strike that went straight into the corner, no keeper is saving that! The second one was a scuffed mishit that wrong footed Karius so I don't think you can blame him for that one either.

If you are looking for something to blame it should be the defending in the build up to both!

Last edited by Chris2402; 14/03/18 08:35 AM.
dipper #600389 09/04/18 08:27 AM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
So a few months after Karius being promoted as the first choice now.

Has anyone changed their mind on him yet?

I am a believer of his ability from day 1 and I would say he started to show what he was capable to do in Bundesliga.

He had a few decent games and decent saves recently. You can feel his confidence level is growing. He is calm to rush out and catch the crosses and actively coming out the line to clear dangers.

People said he didnt make saves but that was wrong.
His saves are quite important in our last few games and he kept a lot of clean sheets during those games.

Liverotto #600390 09/04/18 08:47 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Liverotto
So a few months after Karius being promoted as the first choice now.

Has anyone changed their mind on him yet?

I am a believer of his ability from day 1 and I would say he started to show what he was capable to do in Bundesliga.

He had a few decent games and decent saves recently. You can feel his confidence level is growing. He is calm to rush out and catch the crosses and actively coming out the line to clear dangers.

People said he didnt make saves but that was wrong.
His saves are quite important in our last few games and he kept a lot of clean sheets during those games.

Yes he has improved a lot as the whole defence actually. Moreno and Lovren were the weak links as everybody has been saying for a while. The problem is that in Jan we reinforced the defence but weakened the attack with Coutinho not replace, it's like a never ending story. Don't know when we'll strengthen everywhere.

dipper #600392 09/04/18 08:59 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Pepe Reina's Monaco contract is up in the summer, I'd sell Mignolet and bring Reina back as cover and a mentor/coach to Karius.
Looking longterm get Pepe to do his Coaching badges and keep him as our Goalkeeping Coach and get rid of Achterberg.

#600415 09/04/18 05:58 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Liverpool have informed Roma that they will not submit a bid for goalkeeper Alisson this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The newspaper further claim that the Reds are not interested in pursuing a deal for Stoke City stopper Jack Butland either, contrary to previous reports.
The Echo report that Liverpool have told Roma not to expect a bid for Brazil international Alisson, whom they have been tracking closely and rate very highly.

Do we always tell clubs which of their players we WON'T be making an offer for? Surely a quicker way would be to actually make offers for players that we ARE interested in.

Darcus #600431 09/04/18 11:22 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Darcus
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
Liverpool have informed Roma that they will not submit a bid for goalkeeper Alisson this summer, according to the Liverpool Echo.

The newspaper further claim that the Reds are not interested in pursuing a deal for Stoke City stopper Jack Butland either, contrary to previous reports.
The Echo report that Liverpool have told Roma not to expect a bid for Brazil international Alisson, whom they have been tracking closely and rate very highly.

Do we always tell clubs which of their players we WON'T be making an offer for? Surely a quicker way would be to actually make offers for players that we ARE interested in.

Didn't we release a statement saying we would not bid for VvD again after we nearly got reported, then we bought him? I wouldn't believe what our suits say either way, Echo & co make this crap up to sell papers.

Karius is looking good and has improved with playing regularly, also helps that VvD is marshalling the defence, Robertson has been a big improvement also, so hard to judge how much is purely Karius and how much is due to a better defence infront of him.

Would Migs be better with VvD & Robertson infront of him? I think he would, but would still be prone to a mess up, which it looks like Karius is less prone to, also helps Karius is number 1 and continues to play, the switching for competitions was stupid.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion