Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverotto #597865 09/03/18 12:52 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By Liverotto
Originally Posted By TiredReds
[quote=Liverotto][quote=redordead13][quote=Stanley Park]

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

He is just 24 even now but he have played for 3 seasons in bundesliga before he joined us.

He was one of the most promising goalkeeper before he joined us. He had quite good performance in his three seasons. (Actually, you can tell, no one would give him the number 1 position at 20 if he was not good, right?) He was consider one of the most promising goalkeeper in bundesliga long before his last season at Mainz.

Besides, may be someone may think he saved Kane's goal just by luck, he actually has a very high penalty saving rate, I believed it is over 34% and it ranked as 16 or 17 highest in Europe. And he has a very low errors led to goals ratio in bundesliga too.

Sometimes, I think it is amazing that as a lot of people wrote him off by merely judging his performance of 10 games (Yes, he just played for 10 games last season and every one said he is shxt and cant perform) that he played for us last season.

Come on, he is very young as a goalkeeper and he came to a club with great pressure like us and also need to adapt a much more physical style of play. Also, he get injured in the pre-season when he joined us which I supposed may affect his form.

He is getting the confidence right now and you can clearly see the potential in him. I believe we should give him more time to settle.
thanks for that . makes me feel a little better about his chances. would you say he has gone backwards in terms of ability?

TrueRed #597866 09/03/18 01:45 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By TrueRed
Originally Posted By redordead13
He kept another clean sheet (most in the CL), came off his line quick to deal wiht danger, and made a couple decent saves, but he mostly had F*ck all to do.

Every site I've looked at gave him a 7/10 mostly because he had little to do. What failings are you referring to? Failing to let the ball in the net?

Do you really think I am going to engage in a discussion with you when your talking to me like an arrogant pr ick?

Mighty sensitive, aren't we? Grow a thicker skin, bud. It was a fairly harmless joke, pointing out the fact that you haven't backed up your claim. You claim that his performance is so obviously bad that I should change my mind, but you fail to point out a single thing he actually did wrong.

Later when others say he had a good game, you claim it doesn't count because he had nothing to do. Which is it? Having a controversial or different opinion is fine, but substantiate it with some facts.

dipper #597867 09/03/18 01:59 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
This season, his save percentage is 68% which is equal to to Courtois and better than LLoris (67%). His saves per goal ratio was trash last season (1.07), but it has gone up to 1.88 which is much better.

He has the most clean sheets in the CL this season, and he has made 0 errors leading to a goal this year. He has 10 clean sheets in his last 16 appearances, and in the 19 he's made this year, we have only lost 1 game.

Recently in particular, as his confidence has grown, he's only conceded 3 goals in his last 7 games, kept 5 clean sheets. In only 2 of his 19 games has he given up more than one goal in a match: against City, and Spurs. And in the Spurs game we conceded 2 penalties, one of which he saved. To me that suggests improvement.

Could I be wrong? Sure, but if am, show me the facts you are interpreting to get to that conclusion.

ecnirp98 #597868 09/03/18 02:03 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

Maybe it is a gamble, but he's played 19 games this season. He's guaranteed a minimum of 11 more, so that would be 30 games. That's pretty close to a full season. If his numbers look like they do now at the end, I'd say Klopp knows enough to make a decision.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By *** Suso ***
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

i havent really seen anything in him to suggest his going to become a de gea or even a raina(we he was good)

Exactly.

TrueRed #597910 09/03/18 12:44 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

i havent really seen anything in him to suggest his going to become a de gea or even a raina(we he was good)

Exactly.

He's looked good since Klopp brought him back as number 1, GK is hard to judge as they are often not used much, but then when needed, they need to be alert and ready, that's where Migs often failed. The defense also looks allot more settled and confident, VvD has helped with that, but that also helps the GK.

Look at Karius in the last game where he did the save against Newcastle and tipped it on the bar, if that was Migs it would probably have been a goal to Newcastle at a key moment of the game.

This weekend will be a big test for him again Man Utd, lets see how he does.

ecnirp98 #597916 09/03/18 01:15 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player

Exactly.

He's looked good since Klopp brought him back as number 1, GK is hard to judge as they are often not used much, but then when needed, they need to be alert and ready, that's where Migs often failed. The defense also looks allot more settled and confident, VvD has helped with that, but that also helps the GK.

Look at Karius in the last game where he did the save against Newcastle and tipped it on the bar, if that was Migs it would probably have been a goal to Newcastle at a key moment of the game.

This weekend will be a big test for him again Man Utd, lets see how he does.

The irony is that I don't think he will be tested in these kind of games. We know Maureen will park the bus, so there will only be a handful of shots on target from Man U.

Yes, Karius has made some good saves but nothing more than what I would expect from a keeper of ours. Let's be honest, it's not hard for Karius to impress considering how low his own 'bar' level was when he first came into the team.

Like you said. What we really need more games where the 'new' Karius has proved himself to been the difference between us winning or loosing because he hasn't had that many games so far.

I personally think Karius cost us the Spurs game when Eriksen's cross from the left was palmed clear by him into the path of Wanyama.

But that's football I guess.

TrueRed #597921 09/03/18 01:23 PM
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

I personally think Karius cost us the Spurs game when Eriksen's cross from the left was palmed clear by him into the path of Wanyama.

Extremely harsh. He saved a penalty and made a crucial save from Son when he was clean through in that game.

The Wanyama hit was a one in a thousand but if you want to blame someone it should be Oxlade-Chamberlain who ducked out of challenging Wanyama as he approached the ball to strike it. If Ox had leaned in to him or even tried to put him off, it wouldn't have gone in.

TrueRed #597925 09/03/18 01:29 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
[quote=ecnirp98][quote=TrueRed][quote=*** Suso ***]
The irony is that I don't think he will be tested in these kind of games. We know Maureen will park the bus, so there will only be a handful of shots on target from Man U.

Yes, Karius has made some good saves but nothing more than what I would expect from a keeper of ours. Let's be honest, it's not hard for Karius to impress considering how low his own 'bar' level was when he first came into the team.

Like you said. What we really need more games where the 'new' Karius has proved himself to been the difference between us winning or loosing because he hasn't had that many games so far.

But that's football I guess.

Yeah, Wanyama's shot was abit special to be fair, but I agree about not pushing it out.

My concern is we are going to commit to Karius next season if he does well for 9 games, which could really affect next season if he loses confidence again, If we're going for the title, I think we need a quality proven keeper over a few seasons, Karius can be number 2 for the future.

Look at how ruthless Pep was with his keepers, he binned off Hart much to the shock our press for the England keeper, then bought a replacement he knew from Barca, binned him off for a better keeper in Edison, now they have a top keeper helping them win the PL, so we need to show the same attitude.

Chris2402 #597941 09/03/18 02:37 PM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Chris2402

Extremely harsh. He saved a penalty and made a crucial save from Son when he was clean through in that game.

The Wanyama hit was a one in a thousand but if you want to blame someone it should be Oxlade-Chamberlain who ducked out of challenging Wanyama as he approached the ball to strike it. If Ox had leaned in to him or even tried to put him off, it wouldn't have gone in.

Pen's are 50/50. Saving one is luck.

Palming the cross was a judgement of error, a mistake that cost a goal and 2 points. Good keepers don't palm crosses into the box.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion