Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
dipper #597761 08/03/18 10:50 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
At least we know he has that potential in him Vish ,never saw any in Mign.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
redordead13 #597764 08/03/18 11:02 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By redordead13
He kept another clean sheet (most in the CL), came off his line quick to deal wiht danger, and made a couple decent saves, but he mostly had F*ck all to do.

Every site I've looked at gave him a 7/10 mostly because he had little to do. What failings are you referring to? Failing to let the ball in the net?

Do you really think I am going to engage in a discussion with you when your talking to me like an arrogant pr ick?

Liverotto #597767 08/03/18 11:28 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By Liverotto
Originally Posted By TrueRed
Originally Posted By redordead13
I'm bumping this one after Karius' performances recently.

I think he has improved massively, and I'm impressed. This weekend stood out to me because he did that rare thing that top class goal keepers do: be bored and have f*ck all to do until one split second and pull out a world class save.

Mignolet was fine if we were under the kosh and had lots of saves to make, but he didn't have the concentration a keeper needs at a top club.

Karius is still very much auditioning for the rest of the season, but I think he's starting to show how good he really is.

I wonder if you are you still of this opinion after last nights performance?

Karius has benefited from not being tested in games but last night, his failings were on show again and no, he hasn't improved.

What game did you watch ?
What failings he had?

And it is a totally wrong statement if you said he has not being tested in recent games.

I can remember at least a few good saves in recent games:-
a PK save vs Spurs and off the line quickly to save an one-on-one in the same game
two very good saves againts Arnatuvic
one incredible saves against Diame shots

I believe his good saves are much more than above but I just highlighted some for your easy reference.

Besides, I think he had two good game versus Porto too (both away/home). He came off the line very quickly and cleared a lot of through balls.

The clean sheet flatters to deceive. Bigging up Karius because he kept a clean sheet when Porto only managed 1 shot on target, really? Ffsk

I thought he struggled under pressure and had Porto been more clinical in their finishing this would be a much different discussion.

Karius is as good a keeper as Gomez is a left back. Yes he has improved. The bravado has stopped but he's nowhere near the finished article. I think he's much more of a confidence player than Migs and I don't see him ever winning man of the match for his performance. Who know's if he'll get better. But why do we have to wait?

On a different note, what is it with this group? Offer a different opinion and the keyboard warriors come out to gang rape you with exclamation marks.

lumba #597768 08/03/18 11:30 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By lumba
At least we know he has that potential in him Vish ,never saw any in Mign.

... and being 30yo, he's the finished article now. Would like to keep him as a No 2 though.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By TiredReds
[quote=Liverotto][quote=redordead13][quote=Stanley Park]

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

He is just 24 even now but he have played for 3 seasons in bundesliga before he joined us.

He was one of the most promising goalkeeper before he joined us. He had quite good performance in his three seasons. (Actually, you can tell, no one would give him the number 1 position at 20 if he was not good, right?) He was consider one of the most promising goalkeeper in bundesliga long before his last season at Mainz.

Besides, may be someone may think he saved Kane's goal just by luck, he actually has a very high penalty saving rate, I believed it is over 34% and it ranked as 16 or 17 highest in Europe. And he has a very low errors led to goals ratio in bundesliga too.

Sometimes, I think it is amazing that as a lot of people wrote him off by merely judging his performance of 10 games (Yes, he just played for 10 games last season and every one said he is shxt and cant perform) that he played for us last season.

Come on, he is very young as a goalkeeper and he came to a club with great pressure like us and also need to adapt a much more physical style of play. Also, he get injured in the pre-season when he joined us which I supposed may affect his form.

He is getting the confidence right now and you can clearly see the potential in him. I believe we should give him more time to settle.

dipper #597775 08/03/18 11:48 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
For some reason Mign probably thinks he more than a back up keeper.
I'm still a long way off being convinced that Karius is the future but credit where its due, he along with the rest of the defence have calmed the fukkk down,albiet in games where they haven't had a lot to do,he's kept his concentration and his positioning and distribution have been OK. let's hope he don't shittt himself against Man u.

Last edited by lumba; 08/03/18 11:52 AM.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
Liverotto #597777 08/03/18 11:58 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By TiredReds
[quote=Liverotto][quote=redordead13][quote=Stanley Park]

Was that for more than one season? I think he was the 2nd best GK after Neuer the season before he joined us, but for how many seasons has he been at that level?

He is just 24 even now but he have played for 3 seasons in bundesliga before he joined us.

He was one of the most promising goalkeeper before he joined us. He had quite good performance in his three seasons. (Actually, you can tell, no one would give him the number 1 position at 20 if he was not good, right?) He was consider one of the most promising goalkeeper in bundesliga long before his last season at Mainz.

Besides, may be someone may think he saved Kane's goal just by luck, he actually has a very high penalty saving rate, I believed it is over 34% and it ranked as 16 or 17 highest in Europe. And he has a very low errors led to goals ratio in bundesliga too.

Sometimes, I think it is amazing that as a lot of people wrote him off by merely judging his performance of 10 games (Yes, he just played for 10 games last season and every one said he is shxt and cant perform) that he played for us last season.

Come on, he is very young as a goalkeeper and he came to a club with great pressure like us and also need to adapt a much more physical style of play. Also, he get injured in the pre-season when he joined us which I supposed may affect his form.

He is getting the confidence right now and you can clearly see the potential in him. I believe we should give him more time to settle.

This is a great post to support a trainee with potential touting his CV but some of us believe we shouldn't have any trainees in the 1st team, especially not a keeper.

Karius was judged by everyone (including Klopp) when he came into the 1st team last year and cost us 6 points and was then dropped because he was crap.

TrueRed #597779 08/03/18 12:18 PM
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
[quote=redordead13]

What game did you watch ?
What failings he had?

And it is a totally wrong statement if you said he has not being tested in recent games.

I can remember at least a few good saves in recent games:-
a PK save vs Spurs and off the line quickly to save an one-on-one in the same game
two very good saves againts Arnatuvic
one incredible saves against Diame shots

I believe his good saves are much more than above but I just highlighted some for your easy reference.

Besides, I think he had two good game versus Porto too (both away/home). He came off the line very quickly and cleared a lot of through balls.

The clean sheet flatters to deceive. Bigging up Karius because he kept a clean sheet when Porto only managed 1 shot on target, really? Ffsk

I thought he struggled under pressure and had Porto been more clinical in their finishing this would be a much different discussion.

Karius is as good a keeper as Gomez is a left back. Yes he has improved. The bravado has stopped but he's nowhere near the finished article. I think he's much more of a confidence player than Migs and I don't see him ever winning man of the match for his performance. Who know's if he'll get better. But why do we have to wait?

On a different note, what is it with this group? Offer a different opinion and the keyboard warriors come out to gang rape you with exclamation marks.

You said he had failings versus Porto, what was that?

And you judge a goalkeeper merely by number of saves?

Come on, did you see him get off the line very quickly to clear a lot of through ball when he versus porto?

He had 4 clean sheets out of his last 5 appearances. He had a few really good saves in those games, too.

dipper #597852 08/03/18 10:45 PM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

ecnirp98 #597864 09/03/18 12:51 AM
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Karius has looked good, my concern is are there enough games left (9+CL) to really prove without doubt he is good enough to be number 1 next season?

Migs isn't good enough, I expect he will move on, so do we buy a top class keeper for £50+ million to be number 1, or do we buy a number 2 to keep the pressure on Karius but not replace him? I think if we buy a top class keeper Karius will want a move as he wants to be number 1.

Klopp is quite a loyal manager, if you are committed and put the effort in, showing improvement, Klopp will back you, I'm just not convinced we will know Karius is good enough at the end of this season, so it's a gamble to stick with him for another season, if we want to challenge, we need a top quality keeper, like our rivals have.

i havent really seen anything in him to suggest his going to become a de gea or even a raina(we he was good)

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion