Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
V
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
V
No looking at the copied goal celebrations it's plain to see that everything isn't 100% OK in his head! laugh

Seriously though I agree. He scored, but still looked totally pale apart from those 3 goals.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I thought he looked great. He causes defenders a lot of problems, and he was running well with the ball at his feat.

He tries things, and when they come off it looks great. When they don't everyone gets on his back, but his form is returning.

V
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
V
He is definitely not running past players and taking them on like he did the last season.

Also looks like some of his pace has (temporarily?) gone.

Is it in only his head or has he still not fysically gotten back 100% from his injury?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By van Gogh
No looking at the copied goal celebrations it's plain to see that everything isn't 100% OK in his head! laugh

Seriously though I agree. He scored, but still looked totally pale apart from those 3 goals.

I think his best position is in the right where he has much more space to pass on players, when he does it on the left with his right foot, he goes in the centre in a crowded area. But yes, his injury hasn't helped neither.

#596398 19/02/18 12:19 PM
B
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
B
Originally Posted By AmateurHour
According to reports he's going to be offered a new improved contract....I think this is more to do with re-sale value and things rather than him deserving one or anything else...can only be that surely...

Maybe they can see that although he has had a dip in form he's a quality player and so want to secure him on a longer contract.

#596403 19/02/18 01:13 PM
B
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
B
Originally Posted By Ben36
According to reports he's going to be offered a new improved contract....I think this is more to do with re-sale value and things rather than him deserving one or anything else...can only be that surely...

Maybe they can see that although he has had a dip in form he's a quality player and so want to secure him on a longer contract.
Dip in form....nearly seven months...oh ok, I just think now is the wrong time to be rewarding under performing players with new improved contracts...at least put a performance clause in which rewards him for playing well and at the same time takes money off him when he underperform...

He's not played as well but still only 1 goal short of last seasons tally.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Even when he's "terrible" by some's description he's a major contributor, scores goals, gets assists, gives defenders problems.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Just look at who’s calling him terrible and it tells you all you need to know.

#596420 19/02/18 03:35 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Well looks like he's getting a new improved contract anyway...

Just a quick question...is it better for us that a player like Mane doesn't play really well for us each season as the big clubs won't come in for him and he will stay put or is better that he does play well and improve so we can cash in and start the cycle over again?

So we need only mediocre players so that teams do not come after them, is this what you are saying? Your stupidity level is reaching some heights.

#596427 19/02/18 05:26 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TiredReds
Well looks like he's getting a new improved contract anyway...

Just a quick question...is it better for us that a player like Mane doesn't play really well for us each season as the big clubs won't come in for him and he will stay put or is better that he does play well and improve so we can cash in and start the cycle over again?

So we need only mediocre players so that teams do not come after them, is this what you are saying? Your stupidity level is reaching some heights.
why are you being insulting ? Is there a need...

What I have done is given a catch 22 situation...it's basic footballing principles....if a player goes too good for us a bigger club comes in for him....you saying this doesn't happen in football...how did we sign Southamptons best players, how did we get Robertson from Hull or Salah from Roma....simple enough question but still a catch 22 one...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM