Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Shaggydog
Would you consider slavery racist Stan?

I think the people who do it don't do it by race so no but on the other hand maybe. Incidently slavery came from Africa and is still practiced there to this day also many white people were enslaved by raids from African gangs who took slaves from both Britain and Ireland. I do consider emp s comments to be racism in its purest form he is making assertions about people based on the colour of their skin. There are good and bad people of all skin colours and races so racisim scope should not be one sided in my view

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
Would you consider slavery racist Stan?

I think the people who do it don't do it by race so no but on the other hand maybe. Incidently slavery came from Africa and is still practiced there to this day also many white people were enslaved by raids from African gangs who took slaves from both Britain and Ireland. I do consider emp s comments to be racism in its purest form he is making assertions about people based on the colour of their skin. There are good and bad people of all skin colours and races so racisim scope should not be one sided in my view

So what's your view on white men taking black men from Africa to sell as slaves is that racist?

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
I am sure there were good people on both sides lol

EMP #595002 10/02/18 06:12 PM
Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
Shaggy the white slave traders traded with the African slavers who were already practising that and had done for centuries and incidently still do today. The Royal Navy (almostly exclusively white) stopped the slave trade although we don't hear much about that. As for emp I presume he is white therefore by his own definition he himself is racist

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
Shaggy the white slave traders traded with the African slavers who were already practising that and had done for centuries and incidently still do today. The Royal Navy (almostly exclusively white) stopped the slave trade although we don't hear much about that. As for emp I presume he is white therefore by his own definition he himself is racist

Do you consider white men forcibly taking black men from Africa and selling them as slaves racist?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Do you consider white men forcibly taking black men from Africa and selling them as slaves racist?

If they are doing it because they are black yes but what's your point ?

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S

If they are doing it because they are black yes but what's your point ?

Just trying to find out what you view as racist.

Then do you consider the American slave trade to have been racist?

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend
If you read my orginal post I put a definition of what I believed racism was I also stated I was highly confused. Now you are constantly accusing various people of racisim shaggy so I presume you know what it is and are ideally placed to clear up the confusion

S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
If you read my orginal post I put a definition of what I believed racism was I also stated I was highly confused. Now you are constantly accusing various people of racisim shaggy so I presume you know what it is and are ideally placed to clear up the confusion

Well Stan it's a simple question. The only people I have mentioned so far in relation to racism is white men who took black men from Africa and sold as slaves. I then asked if you considered the American slave trade to have been racist.

Liverpool Legend
OP Offline
Liverpool Legend

Well Stan it's a simple question. The only people I have mentioned so far in relation to racism is white men who took black men from Africa and sold as slaves. I then asked if you considered the American slave trade to have been racist.

It was definitely racist but what's that got to do with present day and our society where the issues are much more complex and racism can mean no more than you don't like the person.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion