Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#576926 31/08/17 06:39 PM
L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
How can our fans, who say we can genuinely challenge for the title for VvD, then be reluctant to overpay for him???

This has been a common theme throughout the window in this forum ,
25+ years of no title , yet we are more bothered about being mugged for overspending

Am I missing something???

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
So if southampton asks for 500m would you kindly bankroll this transfer- since you think overpaying isn't an issue? Don't be ridiculous ffs. The 70m we are offering is already extremely generous for a guy who has had 1 good season. If we go any further it's just a sign of weakness and license for every team to hold us to ransom in future. Don't forget we aren't PSG or man city who have sugar daddy owners with unlimited resources

Last edited by AngryAsianRed; 31/08/17 07:06 PM.
WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
A loan move for Mangala might be a good option for both us and City.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By LFCDownUnder
How can our fans, who say we can genuinely challenge for the title for VvD, then be reluctant to overpay for him???

25+ years of no title , yet we are more bothered about being mugged for overspending

Nooo, surely not! smile

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M

Sometimes a club just doesn't want to sell. Purely out of spite. Southampton hate us right now. Tapped up their player and raid them every year.

We hate Barca right now. Our player has been tapped up and they raid us of our better players.

Some saints fans would drive him to Liverpool for £70mil

Just like I'd give coutinho a piggy back to Barca for £130mil.

L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
So if southampton asks for 500m would you kindly bankroll this transfer- since you think overpaying isn't an issue? Don't be ridiculous ffs. The 70m we are offering is already extremely generous for a guy who has had 1 good season. If we go any further it's just a sign of weakness and license for every team to hold us to ransom in future. Don't forget we aren't PSG or man city who have sugar daddy owners with unlimited resources

£75m offer for lemar , now we sold Sakho £26m
Does that sound like we can't afford it??? So no , overpaying is not an issue.

"The 70m is extremely generous!!!???"

It's this arrogance that's feeding right through our fans that is part of the problem , tbf that attitude is putting me off, if I was so'ton I'd do the same.

Mate your just like FSG , to think that we are being held to ransom is ludicrous ,
Your perception of ransom is skewed , it's been a constant flurry of dog Shyte pundits trying to bully Southampton to lower, their asking price is

We have constantly been trying to dictate southamtons price , we are unable to park our ego and bite the bullet , we lack ruthlessness as a fanbase, maybe it's the years have worn us down, we had an opportunity to strike while the irons hot, now to continue our momentum we will be fighting against a strong current , dealing with subpar defense,

The only way we could've got VvD to to make an offer that takes so'ton by surprise , only then they will be able to appease the fans as they will have some enjoyment by trolling us, let them troll away , once the dust settles we'll have bought piece of mind. Now we are left wondering what if, no matter what we do it's what if,

It's not good enough , FSG spook too easy.

we have the finances to do that as mentioned above, we've been wanting VvD for 3monthes straight , and we've stuffed up royally

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

Sometimes a club just doesn't want to sell. Purely out of spite. Southampton hate us right now. Tapped up their player and raid them every year.

We hate Barca right now. Our player has been tapped up and they raid us of our better players.

Some saints fans would drive him to Liverpool for £70mil

Just like I'd give coutinho a piggy back to Barca for £130mil.

We could've atleast put an offer on the table, Barcelona tested our resolve , would've been nice to do the same, I think such spite is warranted , we are unwilling to take a small risk , we spook too easy, same reason why we didn't play Sakho in the final , same reason we come out with over the top statements that lack any savvy in business negotiations ,

The amount of stress involved in the merry-go round , it's shameful the lack of comprehension of what it takes to appease the fans, we have a good attack but this is just deflating.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
No player is worth one or two transfer windows. We had to issue an apology but the wording could have left us with a back door.

In this window. Southampton held all the cards. we only had ourselves to blame. Best we get on with it

L
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
L
Ye you are right , in the end we suffer , let get on with it smile

V
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
V
Please just stop moaning about everything, and stop starting treads on every complain you have. It is finish so let's move on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion