Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
M
Linked with keepers all summer and now Mignolet hasn't been that bad.

Linked with defenders and although we've conceded some poor goals Lovren and Moreno have really upped their game.

Gomez and TAA making a good impression.

The signings we have made seem to be impressive too. Salah despite missing several chances has been brilliant. He may not have even played if Coutinho wasn't 'injured'

I just feel like all the players have feared for their positions and have been much better for it.

C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
Sorry Jamngle, but I don't see it that way.
Since there is no depth of competition for places, I can't see any "fear factor" lifting the players.
And remind me again how much they get paid and what kind of lifestyles they live as professional employed footballers?
Kloppity is a supreme motivator and he deserves credit for lifting players.
In my opinion.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Lovren still looks like a schoolboy player, he gave hoffenhiem an easy goal, he doesn't know how to clear a going ball to save his life so I'm still hoping vvd comes in somehow to save our defence. The others you mentioned have been good but not spectacular.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

Linked with defenders and although we've conceded some poor goals Lovren and Moreno have really upped their game.

The signings we have made seem to be impressive too. Salah despite missing several chances has been brilliant. He may not have even played if Coutinho wasn't 'injured'

I just feel like all the players have feared for their positions and have been much better for it.

I rather think it's our preparation and also think that we cannot play like that a full season. However, we still have Coutinho (or his replacement) Lallana, Clyne and those on the bench to come on. Our thinnest is in the cetral defence position provided Grujic proves his worth.

L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
That's true , the least we can say is the signings we made are effective in their attributes and how it changes the way we play,
Starting to see good crossing from fullbacks , we are scoring many goals from a good cross ...

We are playing direct cross-field balls to pave of Salah/Mané
Maybe we can play a less high line been when teams park the bus,

Regardless we require the tools to improve in stopping counter attacks against us,

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
L
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
L
I think the coutinho situation may mean such galvanisations comes at a cost of alienating coutinho???

but it's a long season , I will say that at 0-0 Henderson got dispossessed in midfield and it turned into a counter-attack, that happens "but" I noticed again that what LFC require in midfield is a holding midfield with agility like a kante to retain possession and win it back with athleticism , unfortunately Henderson doesn't have the physical capabilities nor the dribbling to retain a ball like a emre Can/Wijnaldum nor does he have any ball winning capabilities , must say he does have good timing with the press execution

It is about pushing the train, not jumping on a running train.’ That is what we need here. It’s not allowed to take the history in the backpack
H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
Originally Posted By Mr Bojangles

it would be nice to think so Bo, but it's a bit too early to know one way or t'other. We need to see a bit of consistency from several of our players before we can judge imo. Players like Lovern, Moreno, Henderson and either of Karius or Migs all have to put in consistent shifts before we can say they been galvanised, but a start is a start so hope springs eternal.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion