Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Rory Offline OP
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
I read an article the other day where wenger was complaining about the current transfer market for English teams everyone slapping an additional 50% on. I think what psg have done could potentially Ruin football as we know it. Prices have gone crazy and clubs have gone money mad and greedy. I even read a rumour messi to city!? If that happens I think I'll start watching the egg chasing! I think the FA and leagues all around the world need to put some transfer and wages caps in place. It's not good for football. I was gob smacked at neymar leaving Barcelona he's not done that for footballing reasons he's done that out of pure greed. Luckily in England we don't have the buy out clause. But for the likes of barcleona Real Madrid the teams we all love and look forward to playing and watching could soon loose their star players not to better teams or for footballing reasons but because and rich boy has a new toy and money isn't an option. If rumours are true we're looking at 60 million for a CB

WNP Offline
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
I wouldn't say we all love Barcelona and Real Madrid. In fact I hate the two clubs, both thinking they can just bully every other club and take any player they want using underhand tactics.

I'm happy to see them get robbed of a player they wanted to keep for once, though I agree the money being spent is ridiculous.

But in a way those figure don't matter. If PSG spend 200m, but then sell at inflated prices, they could break even anyway. As long as al the money stays in the game it's fine. What pisses me off is the 10m+ being paid to agents. The agents fee on a transfer is what should be capped by FIFA

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The way PSG got the money for Neymar is a fukking joke too. So much for FFP!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

IMO FFP is not fair as it protects the bigger clubs and their owners. With FFP it's impossible for small clubs to compete.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
The sport is now a joke in fact it's debatable if it is a sport

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By Stanley Park
The sport is now a joke in fact it's debatable if it is a sport

Bang on, football isn't the game I used to love as a youngster.

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By wilkij1975

I think the sugar daddy clubs have been a good thing for football

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Sooner or later the bubble will burst and fifa/UEFA will intervene and put a cap on transfers.

Back to Back World Champions baby!
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
While a bubble may burst at a certain club devastatingly (oil clubs, should the owners leave), the 'burst' from football would occur gradually. Sky might make a loss from 'dwindling' viewing figures in years t+3, t+4, and when it comes time for Premier League contract renegotiations, the PL might be offered a lesser contract, which would of course then impact the clubs.

Clubs, being hit by reduced revenues, might adjust wage structure. Average weekly salary might reduce by £60k per week to £45k per week. Big money transfers would reduce in frequency, and the transfer market would adjust accordingly.

Sponsorship deals may not be hit as badly. The value of the sponsorships may not change, and if they do, they will have several years to adjust. Like Sky, many are locked in for several years.

This is a contained environment and as such I don't quite see the same risk as you might see in an asset bubble. Structurally, an adjustment may happen, but I imagine it would be gradual.

And I honestly think that football will continue to increase in popularity globally, not the reverse.

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Sooner or later the bubble will burst and fifa/UEFA will intervene and put a cap on transfers.

Which bubble? PSG and City are not financing those deals through loans but from their shareholders who are rich countries. Other teams are taking advantage of the money being injected and clubs cannot go out of their way to spend on players through debt as they fear they can go into administration. I can't see what bubble can burst there except that some clubs will not be able to buy top players. But this is like any business, ie, survival of the fittest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion