Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#570105 22/07/17 11:29 PM
E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Karius looked abit nervy today, a few dodgy mis-placed passes (not helped by some bad back passes), didn't instil more confidence in him, so looks like Mignolet will start as number 1 from what I have seen so far.

Good win today, Coutinho showed why we can't sell him setting up Salah with a classy chip pass and hitting in a great curling shot from the edge of the box, Salah also looked good, always a threat, a few lay offs didn't come off, but you can see how he will fit in with the front 3.

R
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
R
I agree we looked superb goig forward as for karius it looks like this is klopps clanger hes dross and wont be with us very long bring back pepe as cover please

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By REDROLO67
I agree we looked superb goig forward as for karius it looks like this is klopps clanger hes dross and wont be with us very long bring back pepe as cover please

Similar to last season, great going forward, but always a clanger waiting to happen at the back .....

M
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
M
Can't build a whole team in a window. I can see one leaving next year with us Spending on a new keeper.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Similar to last season, great going forward, but always a clanger waiting to happen at the back .....

Accurate assessment.

The only advantage Karius has over Mignolet is I think he plays the 'sweeper keeper' role better, he's alert to passes over the top or in behind our defence. Mignolet is better in every other department though so will surely be our Number One.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Karius will be out the door next summer if he does not improve. Do not see what he offers at the moment

E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
he is a rubbish keeper.. hard to pick good young keepers, can forgive klopp.

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Chris2402

Accurate assessment.

The only advantage Karius has over Mignolet is I think he plays the 'sweeper keeper' role better, he's alert to passes over the top or in behind our defence. Mignolet is better in every other department though so will surely be our Number One.

But some of his sweeping gives the ball the to opposition strikers on the edge of our box !!! yesterday he slid down the line on a bad back pass to save a corner but rather than sticking it out of play for a throw in (safe option), he tried a sliding pass to our defender and managed to slice it to the Leicester forward whilst leaving an open goal, only the forwards lack of control and shock at getting the ball saved us.

The problem is sometimes you need to take the safe option, he isn't doing that (presumably as Klopp is telling him to always play the ball and not waste possession, like Pep is doing), this causes more problems at the back as the defenders don't know what's going on and get nervous.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Accurate assessment.

But some of his sweeping gives the ball the to opposition strikers on the edge of our box !!! yesterday he slid down the line on a bad back pass to save a corner but rather than sticking it out of play for a throw in (safe option), he tried a sliding pass to our defender and managed to slice it to the Leicester forward whilst leaving an open goal, only the forwards lack of control and shock at getting the ball saved us.

The problem is sometimes you need to take the safe option, he isn't doing that (presumably as Klopp is telling him to always play the ball and not waste possession, like Pep is doing), this causes more problems at the back as the defenders don't know what's going on and get nervous.

Playing a sweeper keeper tactic will always result in errors like yesterday although the instance your referring too was a mistake from Matip as well.

Even Neuer, one the of best in the world gets his decision making wrong from time to time. Not that I'm comparing Karius to Neuer!

E
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
E

Accurate assessment.

Playing a sweeper keeper tactic will always result in errors like yesterday although the instance your referring too was a mistake from Matip as well.

Even Neuer, one the of best in the world gets his decision making wrong from time to time. Not that I'm comparing Karius to Neuer!

I accept errors will happen when you play as as a sweeper keeper, but Karius is making a bad error a game.

Yep, Matip pass was poor, which is what I said, but the problem is you need to make a judgement on the best option, sometimes you have to play it safe, maybe Karius judgement will improve over time, but seeing him yesterday made me think the 9 months he spent in the PL and on the bench he has learnt nothing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM