Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yep.

That job interview was going so well until I realized I was fukked up on acid in the middle of a cornfield naked and talking to a scarecrow.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Michael Keane is being linked to Everton in a £25 million deal, I think its madness we are contemplating spending £70 million on VvD who's been injured 6 months and not kicked a ball, but we have an experienced English CB who is 24 and available for £25 million, he's a very good defender, we should get him.

Michael Keane has been playing for Burnley, a team that defends deep and with their backs to the wall, we are the exact opposite to this. Is he someone to bring the ball out of defence and pick a pass? Does he have the pace to get back as we will play a high line? Van Dijk possesses these qualities in abundance.

He plays how he had to play for Burnley, it was defense first and keeping them up, I agree we play differently, but he came through the Man Utd academy, so I am sure he is comfortable on the ball, I only saw Burnley play a few times but he always looked comfortable and confident on the ball, he seemed to have decent pace as well, but I didn't really see enough of him, I remember he looked good when Burnley beat us 2-0 last season, not many teams stopped us form scoring.

I'm sure Koeman can spot a decent CB with his experience, he bought VvD for Southampton and was a top class CB himself, so the fact he's about to buy him would set alarm bells off for me.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 29/06/17 07:55 PM.
P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Michael Keane is being linked to Everton in a £25 million deal, I think its madness we are contemplating spending £70 million on VvD who's been injured 6 months and not kicked a ball, but we have an experienced English CB who is 24 and available for £25 million, he's a very good defender, we should get him.

Michael Keane has been playing for Burnley, a team that defends deep and with their backs to the wall, we are the exact opposite to this. Is he someone to bring the ball out of defence and pick a pass? Does he have the pace to get back as we will play a high line? Van Dijk possesses these qualities in abundance.

He plays how he had to play for Burnley, it was defense first and keeping them up, I agree we play differently, but he came through the Man Utd academy, so I am sure he is comfortable on the ball, I only saw Burnley play a few times but he always looked comfortable and confident on the ball, he seemed to have decent pace as well, but I didn't really see enough of him, I remember he looked good when Burnley beat us 2-0 last season, not many teams stopped us form scoring.

I'm sure Koeman can spot a decent CB with his experience, he bought VvD for Southampton and was a top class CB himself, so the fact he's about to buy him would set alarm bells off for me.

Everton don't play like us. Lovern is also good on the ball and not a bad defender but not good enough for us to play week in week out. Michael Keane might be a good defender but he is a risk. He might not work out. VvD to me is not a risk or a lot less of a risk that Keane. I've seen enough off him to know that he would be excellent in our defence.

Last edited by paul66; 29/06/17 09:35 PM.
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By paul66

Everton don't play like us. Lovern is also good on the ball and not a bad defender but not good enough for us to play week in week out. Michael Keane might be a good defender but he is a risk. He might not work out. VvD to me is not a risk or a lot less of a risk that Keane. I've seen enough off him to know that he would be excellent in our defence.

VvD will be a risk as he has had a serious injury and not kicked a ball since, I like VvD and would have been very happy if we bought him, but it looks unlikely we will as Southampton have said he's not for sale, so unless we bid crazy money like £75+million, I doubt we will get him.

I am looking at the best available players we can realistically get, if we can't get VvD, Keane is a very good option with great potential, he has good PL experience and is about to be sold, so I'm just saying he's worth the risk at £25 million IMO, especially if we cannot get VvD.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I'm not 100% sure on his injury so can't really comment. But VvD is 100% for sale. It won't be 75m. Southampton are playing hard ball that is all. And why wouldn't they. They have a defender who before all this transfer crap started. It was talk of 50m to get him. And then city & chelsea entered. They are asking silly money as they know they can get more than 50m for him.

I don't think we should be buying any player we need for defence who is termed potential or great potential. Defence is costing us the most points over a season. Fixing the defence will gain us more points than any other position in the team next season. So why not make it a priority over any other position in the team?

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
I'd rather we got a free transfer in on defence if we do not get a top class CB and spend the money elsewhere. Or wait until someone becomes available

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

We've signed plenty of 'good' players who've looked fantastic for 'smaller' Premiership clubs over the years most of them haven't worked out as they haven't been able to make the step up.

Michael Keane was on the books of Man Utd, what does that actually mean? They let him go remember?

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

We've signed plenty of 'good' players who've looked fantastic for 'smaller' Premiership clubs over the years most of them haven't worked out as they haven't been able to make the step up.

Michael Keane was on the books of Man Utd, what does that actually mean? They let him go remember?

Man Utd let him go as he couldn't get in the first team as they had the likes of Ferdinand/Vidic/Evans etc, so he left to get games, nothing wrong with that.

Keane is not potential, he is a very good established PL defender.

Lets see what happens with VvD, I think Southampton are going to stand firm for a huge fee like £75+million, which I doubt we will pay, this will come down to what VvD wants and if he is willing to force a move.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 30/06/17 09:17 AM.
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

They did let Pogba also go remember. However, it looks like Klopp is not interested, so there should be other options

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Yeah there are a few German players that could strengthen our team. I like the look of goretkza (think we're in the run for him) and Max Meyer. Though I would also like someone like Saul, I know we were after him before

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion