Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Flames #564714 21/05/17 04:54 AM
C
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
C
A loss an no Champions League will be a major set-back and I will probably sit in a corner and sulk for a week. It will also mean we wont attract our first choice recruits and will take on more "potential" talent.
It would also be a massive test of Jurgen's character to lift the players and himself in the new campaign as it will mean "back to square one". Again..

I am too old to lift my hopes yet again of a club resurgence if we finish 5th.

Some super recruits and European Cup matches would be a real treat and maybe actually get me excited about the future of the club again.

Flames Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By redordead13
Originally Posted By Flames
Owners aside though, with the squad we have he should be doing better. Losing the uefa final... hmmmm we didn't really turn up and he didn't show any real versatility. The league cup semi's were a joke. We shouldn't be in this position, his narrow mindedness in approach and silly treatment of key players has meant we are nervously facing middlesborough for 4th place. He's not doing the best he can with what's available.

Disagree completely. You think the squad is better than City's, Chelsea's or Tottenham's? They have world class players throughout. City has De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva, etc, Spurs has Kane, Ali, Anderweireld, Lloris, Chelsea has Hazard, Costa, Cortouis, even Fabregas on the bench! Which of our players get into those teams? Maybe Coutinho and Mane. No one else. Do they even start in those squads? Maybe. Their first 11s are better, their squads are better. Most of their first 11 players walk into our team. Pound for pound, they have better squads.

I don't even know if our squad is better than Arsenal or United's. Arsenal have Cech, Cazorla, Ozil, Koscielney, Sanchez who would all start here. Even players like Ramsey or Giroud could probably get into our team. Maybe Firmino or Can could get into that team with Coutinho and Mane, but I don't see many of our players starting for them.

And United? Ibrahimovic, Mata, De Gea, would all start for us. Maybe Mkhitaryan and Pogba if they settle next year. Other than the 4 players I mentioned, I don't know if any of our others start for them.

As for the finals he lost, I don't think that's fair. Starting a final against city with Lucas and Kolo Toure as your only options for CB pairing isn't exactly easy. And we lost on pens. That's pretty much outside a manager's control. In regulr time we played city three times that season, beating them twice and drawing once. You can't ask for much better.

As for Sevilla, it was disappointing, but they've won it three years in a row, and more than any other team. They're ranked higher than us in Europe. We overachieved to get to either of those finals. I'm disappointed we lost, but to say he's not doing enough with the players we have is unfair. We're punching above our weight as it is.

And what about all the minnows we lost to. Have we a better squad than them?

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
Flames #564747 21/05/17 05:46 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Owners aside though, with the squad we have he should be doing better. Losing the uefa final... hmmmm we didn't really turn up and he didn't show any real versatility. The league cup semi's were a joke. We shouldn't be in this position, his narrow mindedness in approach and silly treatment of key players has meant we are nervously facing middlesborough for 4th place. He's not doing the best he can with what's available.

Disagree completely. You think the squad is better than City's, Chelsea's or Tottenham's? They have world class players throughout. City has De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva, etc, Spurs has Kane, Ali, Anderweireld, Lloris, Chelsea has Hazard, Costa, Cortouis, even Fabregas on the bench! Which of our players get into those teams? Maybe Coutinho and Mane. No one else. Do they even start in those squads? Maybe. Their first 11s are better, their squads are better. Most of their first 11 players walk into our team. Pound for pound, they have better squads.

I don't even know if our squad is better than Arsenal or United's. Arsenal have Cech, Cazorla, Ozil, Koscielney, Sanchez who would all start here. Even players like Ramsey or Giroud could probably get into our team. Maybe Firmino or Can could get into that team with Coutinho and Mane, but I don't see many of our players starting for them.

And United? Ibrahimovic, Mata, De Gea, would all start for us. Maybe Mkhitaryan and Pogba if they settle next year. Other than the 4 players I mentioned, I don't know if any of our others start for them.

As for the finals he lost, I don't think that's fair. Starting a final against city with Lucas and Kolo Toure as your only options for CB pairing isn't exactly easy. And we lost on pens. That's pretty much outside a manager's control. In regulr time we played city three times that season, beating them twice and drawing once. You can't ask for much better.

As for Sevilla, it was disappointing, but they've won it three years in a row, and more than any other team. They're ranked higher than us in Europe. We overachieved to get to either of those finals. I'm disappointed we lost, but to say he's not doing enough with the players we have is unfair. We're punching above our weight as it is.

You should look where we finish not individual games

Flames #564748 21/05/17 05:48 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend

Of course we have better squads. Doesn't mean they can't beat us though does it? What a stupid thing to say.

Flames #564784 22/05/17 12:22 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad

Yeah, which is why we finished higher than them. confused

What kind of dumb question is that?

Flames #564790 22/05/17 01:04 AM
Flames Offline OP
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
A lot of heroic statements probably because we finished 4th but there is no question that klopp is flawed and that's not going to go away so yes we can enjoy this moment but it solves nothing and the same problems will be back in spades next year

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
Flames #564791 22/05/17 01:16 AM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
No manager is perfect, but I think he's the best option we have for the job, and I think he just about hit expectations this season. Not something we usually do lately, so lets see what happens next year before we get upset.

Last year we finished 8th with 60 points, +13 GD, 63 goals, and 50 conceded.

This year we finished with 76 Points, +36 GD, 78 goals, and 42 conceded. So we moved up 4 places, scored 15 more goals, conceded 12 fewer, and earned 16 more points, with a net spend of 7 million.

That is tangible progress. If we improve by the same margins this year, we'd finish with 92 points, 93 goals, and 38 conceded. That would probably win the league! I don't understand why some people aren't pleased with the forward movement. We aren't where we should be, but we're a sight closer than we've been in years.

Flames #564803 22/05/17 07:22 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
A lot of heroic statements probably because we finished 4th but there is no question that klopp is flawed and that's not going to go away so yes we can enjoy this moment but it solves nothing and the same problems will be back in spades next year

No heroic statements just not stupid ones like yours. Even if w d finished 5th, 6th we'd still have a better squad than the likes of Burnley and Hull who beat us. Anyone can beat anyone else on any given day. I think Eibar bra Barcelona this season so do Barca have a better squad than them?

Flames #564805 22/05/17 07:24 AM
W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
The same problems will be back if we don't heavily improve the team in the summer.

Flames #564813 22/05/17 08:12 AM
S
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
S
I prefer to just enjoy the moment and I look forward to our transfer dealings during the closed season.

I will worry about next season when it arrives.

If someone had told me last August we would finish 4th above United and Arsenal despite losing Mane Henderson & Coutinho (Sturridge doesn't count as he's always injured) for large parts of the season I would have laughed at them.

So fairly happy overall

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion