Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By lumba
I like Wij but he's not in the same league as Mane or those we should be looking at,maybe 4 really special players to go along with the good the bad and the ugly ,is that too much to ask for?

Did you consider Pogba special before he came to United?

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
I like Wij but he's not in the same league as Mane or those we should be looking at,maybe 4 really special players to go along with the good the bad and the ugly ,is that too much to ask for?

Pogba is massively over-rated, he has fantastic technical ability but you need more than that in the Premiership. He has a long way to go if he wants to be as good as the best midfielders seen in this country, the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Scholes were way ahead of him.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
I'd rather stay away from average players Vish.

Well said!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Chris2402

Well said!

But depends how special and average is defined, was Pogba at Juve average or special? What is he now?

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Well said!

But depends how special and average is defined, was Pogba at Juve average or special? What is he now?

He's never been world class, a good player for sure but £89million's worth, not a chance.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

Well said!

I still think Mahrez is a good player and would be a good signing, he's showed more than Mane did before we signed him, it's a risk signing any player, so we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I accept Navas hasn't showed much, but I was mentioning him as a cheap backup option as he's on a free, you never know, regular football might improve him, but probably not smile he seems all pace and not allot of product.

Tadic has ability but is very in & out, but allot of wingers are, sometimes a move to a big club, more expectation and better teams mates lifts the player up a level like Mane did, but sometimes they collapse and disappear.

So, who would you go for to bring us pace & goals from the wing area?

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred

Price doesn't make a player ! the players history is what counts the consistency at delivering top performances that stand out at top level that denotes the players price ! proven top class consistently season after season is what we need and yes I know you can find a gem here and there but all the top clubs go for proven class and pay a higher price for that top level consistency and also try a few gems, where as we were just looking for cheap solutions all the time and lost all our class players in doing so

Pogba was consistently good with Juve and for more than one season. I still think he will become a top player next season as he settles though he was definitely overpriced

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P
Originally Posted By sixtiesred

Price doesn't make a player ! the players history is what counts the consistency at delivering top performances that stand out at top level that denotes the players price ! proven top class consistently season after season is what we need and yes I know you can find a gem here and there but all the top clubs go for proven class and pay a higher price for that top level consistency and also try a few gems, where as we were just looking for cheap solutions all the time and lost all our class players in doing so

Pogba was consistently good with Juve and for more than one season. I still think he will become a top player next season as he settles though he was definitely overpriced

Agree. He is very talented

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Well said!

I still think Mahrez is a good player and would be a good signing, he's showed more than Mane did before we signed him, it's a risk signing any player, so we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I accept Navas hasn't showed much, but I was mentioning him as a cheap backup option as he's on a free, you never know, regular football might improve him, but probably not smile he seems all pace and not allot of product.

Tadic has ability but is very in & out, but allot of wingers are, sometimes a move to a big club, more expectation and better teams mates lifts the player up a level like Mane did, but sometimes they collapse and disappear.

Its a tough one, I'd look at Douglas Costa at Bayern because he's behind Robben and Ribery at the moment and not getting much game time. I think we missed a trick in January on Julian Draxler, he'd have been a great signing! The wingers and full backs at Monaco are fantastic and would fit in with our style of play, their names escape me though. Oxlade-Chamberlain would be an option out wide although if we buy him I think he'll play in the middle for us. I've always liked Ivan Perisic, he's at Inter Milan now although his age would probably stop us making a move.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By ecnirp98

Well said!

Its a tough one, I'd look at Douglas Costa at Bayern because he's behind Robben and Ribery at the moment and not getting much game time. I think we missed a trick in January on Julian Draxler, he'd have been a great signing! The wingers and full backs at Monaco are fantastic and would fit in with our style of play, their names escape me though. Oxlade-Chamberlain would be an option out wide although if we buy him I think he'll play in the middle for us. I've always liked Ivan Perisic, he's at Inter Milan now although his age would probably stop us making a move.

Sounds good, I don't get to follow much foreign football (was a Serie A expert in 90's on BSB & CH4!!!!), just watch the CL games now, the players you mentioned are good, but I doubt we can afford them, the Monaco team will be pulled apart this summer by the big payers like City, Barca, RM, Bayern etc.

Draxler was a miss, I heard we bid and weren't far off, but we had our price and wouldn't go higher, so PSG got him, real shame, with the injuries we've had he could have been a great buy and kept us in the PL hunt. But I don't want to open that can of worms again on here !!!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM