Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#561572 12/04/17 10:04 PM
F
1st Team Regular
OP Offline
1st Team Regular
F
alot of people dislike FSG and maybe they will sell , but the decision to sell to them and not peter lim was a brilliant move , lim went on to buy valencia and they are skint now, but the interview is interesting

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/foo...-split-12886637

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Good read that.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By fazakerley red 1
alot of people dislike FSG and maybe they will sell , but the decision to sell to them and not peter lim was a brilliant move , lim went on to buy valencia and they are skint now, but the interview is interesting

Interesting. For those who say RBS was not going to put us under administration, maybe they should get the full article. Last but not least, at around 300m there were only 2 bidders, with more seats and tv money, if FSG would sell, they would wish to get much much more than that, how many bidders would there be then? I think we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
“The other piece that came into it was that by now it was quite clear I was going to be sued. And I felt the Americans were much more aware of that piece of the process and much more likely to stand up through that piece of the process.”

So in layman's terms he was looking after his own skin!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
“The other piece that came into it was that by now it was quite clear I was going to be sued. And I felt the Americans were much more aware of that piece of the process and much more likely to stand up through that piece of the process.”

So in layman's terms he was looking after his own skin!

Most if not everybody look after their own skin and it doesn't look like Peter Lim would have thrown away a lot of his money to buy players as Abramovic and the City Sheikhs did.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions

Interesting. For those who say RBS was not going to put us under administration, maybe they should get the full article. Last but not least, at around 300m there were only 2 bidders, with more seats and tv money, if FSG would sell, they would wish to get much much more than that, how many bidders would there be then? I think we are stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

The market and TV revenue has changed allot since we were sold to FSG, so I think FSG would get more money now due to the PL Revenue increasing significantly, but there were never a list of Billionaires queuing up to buy us.

Man City have been bought and invested into, but the original price was quite low as they were a failing club, FSG will want a large premium, unless we get the Chinese equivalent of Abramovic, I don't see anyone coming in.

When you look at Chelsea, they were bought at a low fee as they were about to go bust. It looks like the Billionaires like to take a failing club like a City or Chelsea, buy them and turn them into superclubs by spending their money, like a toy, or you have the owners like Glazers who buy an already successful club for big money, and hope to increase on that by running the same business model and trying to exploit it more.

I think we are with FSG a few years at least, when you look at H&G and the lack of interest we had, FSG are not that bad owners, at least we are not at risk of going into Administration now, we have a top manager and reasons to be optimistic, but we are going to struggle against the mega spending of City, Chelsea, Man U, we just have to use our money wisely to compete with them.

E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
Peter Lim is a well known Manu fan.
The only reason he made a bid was cos he sniffed a good deal.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By ecnirp98
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions

The market and TV revenue has changed allot since we were sold to FSG, so I think FSG would get more money now due to the PL Revenue increasing significantly, but there were never a list of Billionaires queuing up to buy us.

Man City have been bought and invested into, but the original price was quite low as they were a failing club, FSG will want a large premium, unless we get the Chinese equivalent of Abramovic, I don't see anyone coming in.

When you look at Chelsea, they were bought at a low fee as they were about to go bust. It looks like the Billionaires like to take a failing club like a City or Chelsea, buy them and turn them into superclubs by spending their money, like a toy, or you have the owners like Glazers who buy an already successful club for big money, and hope to increase on that by running the same business model and trying to exploit it more.

I think we are with FSG a few years at least, when you look at H&G and the lack of interest we had, FSG are not that bad owners, at least we are not at risk of going into Administration now, we have a top manager and reasons to be optimistic, but we are going to struggle against the mega spending of City, Chelsea, Man U, we just have to use our money wisely to compete with them.

TV revenues have increased but so have players prices and wages. Our problem is that if we are sold it will not be at a low fee as Chelsea and City were and therefore the overall money outlay including player purchases will end up being more that what was required by Chelsea and City owners. We are neither in United's league when it comes to revenue generation and free cashflows. We are sort of stuck in the middle. This is why I don't think a new owner will be better for us unless he has loads of money to give away and haven't seen any link to Bill Gates.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Bill Gates and a host of billionaiores the world over were "SUPPOSEDLY" approached back in 2010 to buy the club.

It's easy to throw out names after the fact especially because nobody NOW is impervious to criticism. I refute there were only 2 interested parties...DIC and Robert Kraft had previously been very serious in purchasing us. The fact Broughton is speaking now whilst fans are questioning the current owners, speaks volumes to me that he throws Peter Lim out there indirectly, because of the court case going on in New York!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
Bill Gates and a host of billionaiores the world over were "SUPPOSEDLY" approached back in 2010 to buy the club.

It's easy to throw out names after the fact especially because nobody NOW is impervious to criticism. I refute there were only 2 interested parties...DIC and Robert Kraft had previously been very serious in purchasing us. The fact Broughton is speaking now whilst fans are questioning the current owners, speaks volumes to me that he throws Peter Lim out there indirectly, because of the court case going on in New York!

Kraft did not go ahead after being courted for years because he saw no financial sense especially with no wage cap. DIC was close to buy but didn't want to go in a bidding war as they already had a gentlemen's agreement. I don't know who else would wish to buy for a minimum of 600m GBP plus some 500m you would like to have to build the team. They will need to spend some 1 Billion to maybe make a small profit at best. Do you see this realistic?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion