Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By redordead13

Disagree with this massively. He commanded his area and he was very vocal. Crosses were not so much of a problem for us during the rafa days, or even the Kenny ones.

Being vocal doesn't mean he commanded his area, he didn't deal with crosses well enough for me and stayed on his line too often. The reason he wasn't exposed that often was because when we were at our best he had Hyypia and Carragher, a fantastic partnership in front of him. Our full backs, Arbeloa especially were also excellent at stopping crosses from coming in.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Reina was a very good Keeper for us and under our new style of play I think he'd compliment us even more. He set up so many counter attacking goals for us with his Exocet throwing arm and his kicking was accurate too, even under pressure unlike Mignolet who is more likely to put it out of touch for an opposing team throw in.
Very rarely do you see Mignolet try throwing the ball out quickly to set up a counter attack and that is because he does not have it in him.
Reina was a victim of the wage culling by FSG and should never have been sold. I'd have Reina back in a heartbeat!

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Originally Posted By Redneckscouser
Reina was a very good Keeper for us and under our new style of play I think he'd compliment us even more. He set up so many counter attacking goals for us with his Exocet throwing arm and his kicking was accurate too, even under pressure unlike Mignolet who is more likely to put it out of touch for an opposing team throw in.
Very rarely do you see Mignolet try throwing the ball out quickly to set up a counter attack and that is because he does not have it in him.
Reina was a victim of the wage culling by FSG and should never have been sold. I'd have Reina back in a heartbeat!

or even a corner whistle

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Reina played tonight in the CL for Napoli against Real Madrid.

He was a good keeper for us and we should not have sold him to save on the wages, one of many bad decisions.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 07/03/17 11:14 PM.
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
He wasn't good tonight though.

Don't think I want to have him back. Better to look forwards than re signing players of the past.

K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Fck no. Why do we always get drawn in by nostalgia? Reina was an average keeper, who was prone to errors. His recent records speaks for itself.

F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
Fck no. Why do we always get drawn in by nostalgia? Reina was an average keeper, who was prone to errors. His recent records speaks for itself.
correct need to look forward not back .

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Originally Posted By fazakerley red 1
Originally Posted By klopp4kop
correct need to look forward not back .

I agree, we need to get a keeper for the next 5 years, Reina is past it, I think we will go for Joe Hart as he will be available, sell Mignolet and keep Karius as backup to replace Hart in a few years.

Last edited by ecnirp98; 07/03/17 11:46 PM.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I'd take Reina back if he was available. He may have been out of form when we let him go but there were probably good reasons for that.

Migs seems a nice guy but don't think he has a strong enough personality. Grobelaar used to make loads of mistakes if I remember, but he seemed very strong mentally and always appeared to be confident. Reina is similar I think. I don't think Migs has been an improvement on Reina really.

I would sell Migs, get Reina in as no 1 and give Karius a whole season as no 2.

You've summed part it up nicely when you say Mignolet isn't really an improvement on Reina. And if you look at it the other way Reina isn't really an improvement on Mignolet.

Also, to everyone those goes on about Reina kicking it isn't very good compared to the top keepers around.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Getting rid of Reina for Flappy was one of the worst moves we've made in recent times. Reina had gone of the boil a little but was and probably still is twice the keeper Migs is.

I'd have him back tomorrow but I'd like to see us try for Hart in the summer as I think he's a better long term option.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion