Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
I'd take Reina back if he was available. He may have been out of form when we let him go but there were probably good reasons for that.

Migs seems a nice guy but don't think he has a strong enough personality. Grobelaar used to make loads of mistakes if I remember, but he seemed very strong mentally and always appeared to be confident. Reina is similar I think. I don't think Migs has been an improvement on Reina really.

I would sell Migs, get Reina in as no 1 and give Karius a whole season as no 2.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
My memory fails me for Reina now but he was out of form when he left or he just wasn't giving 100% for some reason but I think he was better than what we brought in.
whatever was going on at that time I remember saying just sell him now because it was turning into a long drawn out farce,the money we got for him was a crime and I now wish we had kept him.
How is he now though?I havnt kept up with career,also what age is he now?

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
reina is proud he wouldnt enen look at us for a return

If we were to try to sign him, if he is proud, he would accept just to show that we made a mistake, or Rodgers made a mistake. However, don't know how he is doing these days, where is he even playing?

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By RedsforChampions
Originally Posted By sixtiesred
reina is proud he wouldnt enen look at us for a return

If we were to try to sign him, if he is proud, he would accept just to show that we made a mistake, or Rodgers made a mistake. However, don't know how he is doing these days, where is he even playing?

For Napoli, getting champions league footy. I watched him reccently, and I have to say, I was impressed. He's lost weight since he left us, and he made some really good saves.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Reina is 34 now. So should have another 4 years or so at the top... and ofetn these are the best years for a keeper I've heard.

Since Grobelaar we've tried so many youg keepers who were supposed to be 'the next great keeper'. James, Kirkland, Carson. Kirkland suffered from injuries I believe, but the other two and Dudek were all known for dropping clangers.

Reina may have also mad mistakes of course but they don't come to mind. He won the golden glove in his first 3 seasons iirc. His distribution was renowned - often very quick, accurate and the spark for a lightning counter attack. Can imagine him doing the same with passes/throws for Mane to latch on to.

Definitely worth consideration I reckon.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Not for me.

He was a good goalkeeper for us but he was extremely well protected, we were very good defensively under Rafa.

As Mighty mentions, his distribution was exceptional which was his biggest attribute in my opinion.

I still think we need to be seriously looking at Joe Hart this summer, big personality who was won major trophies, his signing is a no-brainer to me.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
Migs Or Hart? Close call. I'd go with Hart just for the sake of a change. Not totally convinced that he is such a big personality but, in the absence of a better candidate, worth a go.

Reina Or Hart? Reina for me. He may have worked behind a good defence before... so that solution to that is to put him behind another good defence.

Reina's very passionate and vocal. I think we need that in our back 5.

C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
Migs Or Hart? Close call. I'd go with Hart just for the sake of a change. Not totally convinced that he is such a big personality but, in the absence of a better candidate, worth a go.

Reina Or Hart? Reina for me. He may have worked behind a good defence before... so that solution to that is to put him behind another good defence.

But we don't have a good defence and haven't had one for a while?

Hart is a massive upgrade on Mignolet, he does make the odd mistake, like all goalkeepers do, but he's a commanding presence. Reina never was and was always weak when dealing with crosses.

T
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
T
hopefully even Klopp knows we need to sort the defence out now.

Let's see. Either will do.

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By Chris2402
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

But we don't have a good defence and haven't had one for a while?

Hart is a massive upgrade on Mignolet, he does make the odd mistake, like all goalkeepers do, but he's a commanding presence. Reina never was and was always weak when dealing with crosses.

Disagree with this massively. He commanded his area and he was very vocal. Crosses were not so much of a problem for us during the rafa days, or even the Kenny ones.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion