KopTalk

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
If I remember correctly, the worst that Suarez did was claim that he wanted to leave, whilst in Uruguay he said (on national radio I believe) "If I want to leave then Liverpool should allow me to" - you cannot compare that to refusing to attend a preseason tour and refusing to train. On top of that, as wilki pointed out, Suarez put in more than 'a few good performances', he had the best season of his entire career and we were pretty much blessed to witness it.

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
One thing I don't get here is who else is advising Sterling, other than his agent? I mean it's pretty obvious to us that he's doing serious damage to his reputation so surely someone like Roy Hodgson as his international manager would make a call to him and say 'you're fuckingup big time Raheem get your act together'.

Or, maybe someone has spoken to him and he just doesn't give a bollox. If that's the case it's a sad time for football.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: wilkij1975
Originally Posted By: Darcus
Originally Posted By: KingoftheKop
It'll take a lot more than a few good performances.

It wouldn't. Suarez's name was mud and LFC forums were full of fans that had turned against him. All was forgiven more or less after he scored his next goal for us.

The difference is that Suarez was pure class so could be forgiven some of what went on. Sterling is just a stupid boy being badly led by his nob head of an agent! He thinks he's up there with the likes of Suarez who, in case you've forgotten, put his head down and played the season of his life! No pulling stickies, no ducking out of tours. Just hard work and earned what he got.

Agreed. But to be fair, Sterling hasn't yet had the chance to turn things around like Suarez did.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Well he has returned to training, which I feel means that one of the following applies:

#1 - He was legitimately ill for a couple of days (seems highly unlikely given the timing).

#2 - Liverpool have threatened to fine the little money grabbing, greasy haired cuntt bag.

#3 - Somebody (perhaps Man City or his agent?) has advised him to return to training in order not to cause further damage to his reputation.

#4 - He returned to training of his own accord, which seems unlikely given his previous actions.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: wilkij1975

It wouldn't. Suarez's name was mud and LFC forums were full of fans that had turned against him. All was forgiven more or less after he scored his next goal for us.

The difference is that Suarez was pure class so could be forgiven some of what went on. Sterling is just a stupid boy being badly led by his nob head of an agent! He thinks he's up there with the likes of Suarez who, in case you've forgotten, put his head down and played the season of his life! No pulling stickies, no ducking out of tours. Just hard work and earned what he got.

Agreed. But to be fair, Sterling hasn't yet had the chance to turn things around like Suarez did.

I don't wish to sound all bitter and as twisted out of shape as Faz but if anyone was to forgive Sterling after 'a few good performances' it just goes to show how fickle people are. It would take a couple of playing out of his skin before I even cheered a Sterling goal.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V

That means $terling will probably not have enough time to repare his reputation at Liverpool FC. After all it's only 2 years left on his contract! laugh

D
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
D
Well he has returned to training, which I feel means that one of the following applies:

#1 - He was legitimately ill for a couple of days (seems highly unlikely given the timing).

#2 - Liverpool have threatened to fine the little money grabbing, greasy haired cuntt bag.

#3 - Somebody (perhaps Man City or his agent?) has advised him to return to training in order not to cause further damage to his reputation.

#4 - He returned to training of his own accord, which seems unlikely given his previous actions.

Yeah, it seem like right now he has 2 options.

Continue the way he's going and hope that City meet our price, because as far as I can see there's no one else willing to.

Or do a uturn and fire his agent, say he was given bad advise and 'do a Suarez' , put his head down for a season and work his ass off to rebuild his rep.

I mean there has to be someone pointing to him that if City don't come in for him he has no plan B. Either that or he's thick.

V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
He is thick allright!

But also I think what he has done now is making it impossible for him to sign a new improved contract with LFC - which is what Suarez did 2 years ago after he wanted out and go to Arsenal.

$terling has 2 years left on his contract and has over the last year shown no class either on or off the pitch.

What has he done to warrant a new contract with a release clause in and with a much improved salaray (£ 35k a week is after all a bit pants for a 20 year old footballer!)?

That little bass turd has managed to shít on everyone associated with the club - staff, players, management and fans. What does he really think he will accomplish with this antics? Morón!

Last edited by van Gogh; 11/07/15 04:01 PM.
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
If he stays and gives his all I will 100% percent forgive him. He's young and silly and he's agent is not helping him.

W
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
W
Not really true, the club was not able to attract a top striker. It's not that the club doesn't have ambition, I believe the signings we have made this summer shows that we have, not to mention we have been one of the biggest spenders in the last 3-4 years. We got stuck with Balotelli because he was all we could get and we were desperate. Clearly the club is still trying to sign a striker and I'm sure we will, most likely Benteke as he is the best striker we can get.

Sterling is going on the tour so clearly he has asked to be left out and has been told no. Hopefully Man City make another offer before the first game on Tuesday as he will get booed and will do until he leaves or does a a U turn.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM