Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Right, so first poll is obvious...

Second poll is based on this:

Situation #1

You have the final say on what happens.

You have made an offer for a player at the value at which you rate him.
You are informed that a rival club has made an offer that is (approximately) 1/5th of the price more than what you offered.
You are informed that they will not accept any value less than what is currently on the table.
You have just under 2 weeks before the transfer deadline passes.
You have the money to match the bid.

What do you do?

Obviously I have taken out options of "we make an offer in between" by doing this. Similarly, I chose to not give the option of "offering more," the potential "the player doesn't move and sits out to the deadline". This is not specific for Willian, but with that transfer in mind.

Are you happy with the current strategy taken by TTC?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 21/08/13 11:52 AM
Strategy #1
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 21/08/13 12:01 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by jjmelling/Stato; 21/08/13 12:04 PM.
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
For the record, I voted for Option 1 in Poll 1 - Yes I am happy.
I voted for Option 3 on Poll 2 - Looking for the next best alternative at a figure near to the figure in question.

Last edited by jjmelling/Stato; 21/08/13 12:06 PM.
undecided and and other because not all transfers are the same, for example we should gone full on for Mkhitaryan but maybe we are right to not go over valuation on Willian.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Originally Posted By: wakka
undecided and and other because not all transfers are the same, for example we should gone full on for Mkhitaryan but maybe we are right to not go over valuation on Willian.

Why? What would be the reason behind one and the other...

And for the record, we did offer the same as Dortmund for Mkhitaryan. We were just not allowed to talk to the player. It was ultimately the players choice, so long as the club could agree a fee.

Which for me, is a completely different situation to the one I posted.

Last edited by jjmelling/Stato; 21/08/13 12:16 PM.
Mkhitaryan was the number1 target, we simply didn't do enough imo,we were tip toeing around the 3rd party crap when we should have had proper representatives who know what to do.

where as Willian was one that became available overnight and we may have a different target in mind but he was worth a shot if he was attaiable at our valuation

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Personally, I think it all depends on the value of the transfer. My answer, as I said in the initial thread, is based on Willian. Which would make the deal edging over £30m.

Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
Not sure how much anyone will ever know about our discussions with Mkhitaryans representatives.

Not sure, from sources and reports, how much more could be done... Without speaking to the player, well... What is possible?!

Like seriously, what did you expect them to do that you know they didn't?

Why didn't we speak to the player? because we are crap at negotiations, look at the aspas debacle, we have stumbled through negotiations on large price deals, it is an issue that needs attention, when you have a no 1 target you do everything in your power to get it.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
iv choosen other because their is different situations for different players for instance if it was our number 1 target we should match the extra 3 or 4 million to push the deal trough, were as with other players we should just pull away from the deal if we think he is not worth that much.

“When I've got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along.” Bill Shankly...
Under 23 Player
OP Offline
Under 23 Player
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. And the reasons for not talking to the player were nothing to do with lack of intent to. I can't quite believe that you're suggesting that we should overspend on a prime target, purely because he is one. Clubs have much greater awareness of where that money can be used; whether that be elsewhere or on other positions. I think you're looking at it through a tunnel, rather than looking at the transfer situation I suggested in the grand scheme of things. As I say, I don't think saying I'm not deciding on anything, and then bemoaning the club based on hypothesises seems fair.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion