Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
JayGB1982 #300562 13/01/13 06:34 PM
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: JayGB1982
Originally Posted By: PaddyM90
Priority:
CAM:As Sahin has left I expect us to get one( Tom Ince) but hopefully maybe two(Sneijder?) as we have lost two already in this window and look to be losing downing.

CB:Someone physical who can dominate the box likely to be someone young(Any ideas?)

WING: A 6-7 goal a season winger who can grab assists preferably experienced

LB: Cover for Enrique so Johnson doesnt have to keep moving about

Prediction: In this window I can see us signing ince and quite possibly a big number ten like sneijder. Which, if Downing goes, will amount to 3 in 3 out. So no real squad depth improvement.

Prove me wrong FSG #wecomenottopay

Fan's have turned on BR saying Rodgers out. Painted the wall outside Mellwood with Ayre out...

Where THE HELL are the protests against this FSG regime?

They got rid of players in the summer and failed to buy replacements... The same is happening AGAIN!!!

#FSGOUT #WeComeNotToPay

I can understand fans thinking that BR isn't up to the job, but to turn on him be ause of the utd result is mental. Have a go at him when we lose to teams we are better than....no point in expecting anything from today's opponents - their manager is far superior.

Carheex #300566 13/01/13 06:46 PM
V
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
V
Lucas in form is good enough to mention I think.

Apart from that (and possibly Enrique when played in that position) I agree we have nothing worth talking about if we're aiming at top 4 in PL.

EMP #300576 13/01/13 06:56 PM
S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
We do not have a leader in CM which we urgently require. We need a left back as Enrique is injury prone AND Robinson is not ready.
We need a DM- Lucas is not the answer.

#300583 13/01/13 07:21 PM
J
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
J
9 players short. Only registered 16 players for the League this year!

F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By: vish mauritius
If we come below 6th, then the manager is the problem, not in the top 4 FSG is the problem.
why is below 6th a problem ???

EMP #300608 13/01/13 08:16 PM
J
Trialist
Trialist
J
liverpool have spent a great deal of money over the last couple of years and to be quite honest the majority of the spend has been a complete waste of money. Henderson, downing, allen, borini......these guys simply are not good enough for LFC but have come in with big price tags. I think it is positive that we have some good young players coming through like sterling and wisdom but the likes of gerrard, saurez, lucas, agger and skrtel who are real players need some quality in there now. We need someone who has the experience and still 2 or 3 seasons left in them, a bit of class, experience, backbone. Someone the kids can look up to. Remember when we got hold of the likes of Paul Ince and Gary Mac, they did wonders for us and helped shape the likes of gerrard and carra into the legends thay have been for us. Wesley sneidjer is the man we need - imagine him linking up with our top players. BR needs to be strong and go for him big time! [oops] FSG's so called transfer policy.

C'mon [oops] the future we need to do it now!

Jac1979 #300610 13/01/13 08:21 PM
J
Trialist
Trialist
J
By the way we cant judge BR yet. FSG are the problem. If BR managed city, UTD or Chelsea he would win the league. He can only work with what he has for now. LFC are in the worse position since I can remember, this transfer window and the next will define what FSG's intentions are. If they dont invest and improve the squad we should start getting on their backs not rodgers'.

Jac1979 #300651 13/01/13 11:57 PM
A
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
A
Originally Posted By: Jac1979
liverpool have spent a great deal of money over the last couple of years and to be quite honest the majority of the spend has been a complete waste of money. Henderson, downing, allen, borini......these guys simply are not good enough for LFC but have come in with big price tags. I think it is positive that we have some good young players coming through like sterling and wisdom but the likes of gerrard, saurez, lucas, agger and skrtel who are real players need some quality in there now. We need someone who has the experience and still 2 or 3 seasons left in them, a bit of class, experience, backbone. Someone the kids can look up to. Remember when we got hold of the likes of Paul Ince and Gary Mac, they did wonders for us and helped shape the likes of gerrard and carra into the legends thay have been for us. Wesley sneidjer is the man we need - imagine him linking up with our top players. BR needs to be strong and go for him big time! [oops] FSG's so called transfer policy.C'mon [oops] the future we need to do it now!

Totall agree with all in bold.....it makes sense and if we can see this why the fvck can't FSG?

AussieRed #300672 14/01/13 02:24 AM
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
We need our first team to have 8-9 really good players, and from there we can have all the up and comers on the bench and getting games in the other positions.

For example, the players that we do have that I would call really good players are.
Reina
Johnson
Agger
Skrtel
Gerrard
Lucas (Not so much at the moment)
Suarez

So that means we still have. Enrique, Allen, Sterling, Suso, Wisdom, Kelly, Hendo, Downing, Coates, Shelvey, Assaidi, Robinson,
Downing and Boroni. All these players have potential and will hopefully develop into really good players, but they aren't good enough at the moment to handle the pressure of winning games. They need to be around winners to develop that mentality.

So in saying this we need 3 really good players. Say for example we get Benat or Erikison, and then we go for someone like Dries Mertens and Sturridge ends up being amazing. Then our team would look like:

------------Reina------------
Johnson--Skrtel--Agger--Enrique
---Mertens--Gerrard--Lucas---
---Sterling--Sturridge--Suarez--

And while we have 9 very good players, also have a couple of younger guys that can come in learn, play alongside more quality and develop. At the moment we have too much rubbish, and not enough quality in the first team squad which isn't helping the young guys, and is probably breaking their confidence ie Allen.

Look at Lucas for example, he always had potential, but needed to develop. And he was given a chance because he was in a team full of good players who he learn from and developed confidence from. Our squad just needs more quality, and to Replace the older players that just aren't gonna cut it.

Hope this makes sense.

Jac1979 #300674 14/01/13 03:02 AM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Jac1979
By the way we cant judge BR yet. FSG are the problem. If BR managed city, UTD or Chelsea he would win the league. He can only work with what he has for now. LFC are in the worse position since I can remember, this transfer window and the next will define what FSG's intentions are. If they dont invest and improve the squad we should start getting on their backs not rodgers'.

As a matter of interest, how do you know that BR would have won the league if he managed City, UTD or Chelsea. I am sure that if Abramovich was as confident as you, he would come for him NOW.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion