Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: Scainer
Or you buy your way into the champions league, get knocked out early, not be able to afford new signing and be forced to sell the best players.

I'd rather be an Arsenal than a Leeds.

There is another way other than Arsenal or Leeds especially for LFC that still has a huge fan base (I keep telling this, not for very long). You spread you risk by bringing in other shareholders (IPO or just find other partners). Doing an Arsenal is not going to be easy as we are starting from a lower position (when Arsenal started to build their stadium they were more stable than us in terms of system, objective, manager), they are in London, buying power is argueably higher than Liverpool therefore people can afford higher priced ticket) and were considered a club on the up (not like us right now). If FSG does not get it right quickly (they've been trying for 2 years already) I fear we'll end up like the mid-table teams like Newcastle, Sunderland Villa who all have a decent local fan base but cannot generate revenue overseas.

S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
I can't help thinking that henry wants to put less in so he can get more out when he sells! It's what it's looking like to me< all that talk about not wanting to put the club back into the red and all that other spin that they keep spouting! What ever happend to you've got to speculate to accumulate? As some one said ealier in the post business is all about risk. after the AC purchase went Pete Tong they have got scared and are not willing to take the risk any more, so the club and the team suffers in both support and revenue. Henry is now looking to the lowest risk possible when signing players and thats the good old loan signing, they fail send them back if they are a sucess they go back to their parent club and we get no money but are out of pocket having paid some or all of the wages, HOW THE FECK is that good business sense???. Henry brought in Rodgers to work on a shoe string, Mr henry if you read this then take head "We are Liverpool football club we expect to be flying with the eagles and not scrating about with the chickens! If the money needs spending then spend it! if you have no intentions in spending the money then please find someone who is!"

Last edited by syko26; 04/09/12 06:47 PM.

"who cares who wins!.....As long as it's us!
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
i am just completely unable to grasp the fact that FSG, who have admitted already in the past, that they know next to nothing about the game...are setting player profiles. here's what their profile should be 1) does the manager believe he needs him? 2) is the player's asking price within reason?

THAT. IS. [oops]. IT.

S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
Fecking frustrating isn't it!!!

S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
Team b continually sell the players who come on reinvest and win fook all and sit happily a well run club in mid table...
Team a loses money on transfers but then due to WINNING titles, cups and ecls they make a fortune in sponsorship, shirt sales etc and can attract and pay for all the best players from team b (and more) and keep on winning
I DO NOT WANT US TO BE ARSENAL LITE

S
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
S
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8050579/-Don-t-Get-Miserable-About-Arsenal-Money-

We are currently worse than gooners and were trying to emulate these perennial no trophy also rans

Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By: syko26
Fecking frustrating isn't it!!!

ooooh sooo frustrating. when this season started, i had faith in rodgers and faith in FSG. clean slate. we are now three games in, i still have that faith in rodgers...but i absolutely want to strangle FSG.

S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
I think all of the other other coaches that were linked with the vacant coaches roll after Kenny took one look at the job spec and said "no chance!" once they stopped laughing!!

Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By: syko26
I think all of the other other coaches that were linked with the vacant coaches roll after Kenny took one look at the job spec and said "no chance!" once they stopped laughing!!

it sucks that i think you're right. i mean, i honestly didn't really think i'd see a day when liverpool [oops] football club would have to try and try to even get a manager to consider coming here. it's really upsetting to me. don't get me wrong, again...i have faith in rodgers and i think we will do well with him given the time. it's just exactly how much time that worries me. i know we'll be back up there. i just know. we HAVE to be.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
The only reason why FSG wants young players with sell-on value is purely because they want to package the club for eventual sale. It's all business and down to dollar and cents.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM