Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jcred2010
Unregistered
jcred2010
Unregistered
J
Has anyone else read this on the off site. Damn is sounds good. Facinating stuff, can't wait to see our players drilled with it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-barca-and-tiki-taka

Possible line up based on this.

---------Carrol--------
Affely-------------Suarez
---Aquaman----Gerrard---
Enrique------------Johnson
----------Lucas---------
----Agger-------Skytl---
----------Pepe-----------

S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
Originally Posted By: Rafarendum
Yeah it was interesting,a little bit repetitive in part 2 though. Currently the team looks like this

----------Carroll------------
Downing-------------Suarez
---Hendo/Shelvey----Gerrard---
----------Lucas---------
----Agger-------Skytl---

However, Carroll is not really the type of forward this system calls for, so that's tricky. Also don't see where Adam will fit.
I do!, in a taxi back to Blackpool!!

Last edited by syko26; 03/06/12 07:35 PM.

"who cares who wins!.....As long as it's us!
J
jcred2010
Unregistered
jcred2010
Unregistered
J
Yeah it was interesting,a little bit repetitive in part 2 though. Currently the team looks like this

----------Lucas---------
----Agger-------Skytl---

However, Carroll is not really the type of forward this system calls for, so that's tricky. Also don't see where Adam will fit.

Yes Adam can do one. Carroll just needs to improve, as far as target men go they don't get much stronger, maybe lacks the vision though. We need another striker anyway so he might be a good back up.

Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
that was a interesting article if rodgers can have us playing like that in a year or 2 i will be more than happy and seems we might have a few players that fit the style already and aquilani could fit this system just depends if he is willing to give liverpool another chance

------carroll-------
downing-------suarez
----aqua--gerrard---
enrique------johnson
-------lucas--------
---agger----skrtel--
-------reina--------

I agree carroll is not the perfect type of striker for the system but could adapt or maybe be a different option for the times the system isnt working the way it wasnt working for barca against chelsea when they simply could not break chelsea down in the second leg i also think a player similar to suarez would be better than downing in this system

Last edited by LFC80; 03/06/12 08:00 PM.
T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
Originally Posted By: syko26

----------Lucas---------
----Agger-------Skytl---

I do!, in a taxi back to Blackpool!!

Not in the Charlie-copter?

Agree with the line-up though. I've always felt Lucas had what it took to drop between the CBs so we could play 3 at the back the way Barca do, but the problem was always that we only ever had 1 top CB fit at a time (and Carra-Skrtel was generally a liability). Maybe this system can work now that Skrtel has improved (though not as much as he seems to think he's improved). Does it raise a case for Kelly-Agger?

Last edited by thundyr; 03/06/12 09:01 PM.
J
jcred2010
Unregistered
jcred2010
Unregistered
J
We have the players for this. We also have lots of players in the reserves that fit this.

Really hope BR has worked out a fast track way of implementing the basics of this style so we can at least start the season in some kind of shape.

B
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
B
I thought it was a nothing article personally. Most of the things it spoke about are very intuitive to anyone who watches football. Certainly there is little to nothing that could be called a new idea to those who take a serious interest in football. Particularly the part about different zones and requiring players to be good in possession etc etc, obvious obvious stuff. I think the only interesting part was the possible formation we may play.

G
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
G
Originally Posted By: LFC80
that was a interesting article if rodgers can have us playing like that in a year or 2 i will be more than happy and seems we might have a few players that fit the style already and aquilani could fit this system just depends if he is willing to give liverpool another chance

------carroll-------
downing-------suarez
----aqua--gerrard---
enrique------johnson
-------lucas--------
---agger----skrtel--
-------reina--------

I agree carroll is not the perfect type of striker for the system but could adapt or maybe be a different option for the times the system isnt working the way it wasnt working for barca against chelsea when they simply could not break chelsea down in the second leg i also think a player similar to suarez would be better than downing in this system

I like this one a lot.

red for danger, red for power. -Bill Shankly
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By: jcred2010
Has anyone else read this on the off site. Damn is sounds good. Facinating stuff, can't wait to see our players drilled with it.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-barca-and-tiki-taka

Possible line up based on this.

---------Carrol--------
---Aquaman----Gerrard---
----------Lucas---------
----Agger-------Skytl---

Yeah, I like the line up and formation, and thats without spending a dime. 2 or 3 quality signings and I'm looking forward to the new season.
I hope Aqua is given a chance, we get cole off the wage bill and spend all we have on some big signings.

H
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
H
I like the kind of football this system produced at Barcelona and to a lesser extent at Swansea, however I fear we may be getting to it 5 years too late. Chelsea and Real Madrid have cracked it in its present form so we may have to tweak it somewhat especially in zones 6,7 & 8.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion
Can Elliott and Trent play together?
by Torres65 - 13/05/24 10:46 AM