#230131 18/05/12 03:51 PM
H
HullRED Offline OP
Trialist
OP Offline
Trialist
H
Sick of people saying how our owners are [oops]

Firstly, they saved us from the brink of administration.
Secondly, they appointed Dalglish which is what the fans wanted.
Thirdly, they give us about 60 million to spend on players
Fourth, they could well of sacked kenny during the season but they left it
Fifth, Us the fans, was very disappointed with out league position this season, so they made changes, they were very respectful with the comments they made about Dalglish after the sacking, and they are getting well informed about "experienced" managers, according to Ian Ayre, so the it will probably not be someone like Martinez etc.

Whoever it is, we have to back them, I mean no Newcastle fans wanted Pardew?

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
not sure i agree with the last line, and i think this is the first time the owners have well and truly been put out in the open and have to show their cards.

who they pick will tell us everything.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
R
Reconize
Unregistered
Reconize
Unregistered
R
I think they have been brilliant so far, no knee-jerk reactions, just decisive decisions.

I like what their doing building the brand, I think they are setting the foundations for LFC to be the greatest club in the world again. I just hope It happens in my lifetime! haha

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
the way i see it (if roberto martinez is the front runner) they don't care what the fans want anymore. they will stick to their "plan" by any means necessary. they're simply businessmen making footballing decisions

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By: want3d
the way i see it (if roberto martinez is the front runner) they don't care what the fans want anymore. they will stick to their "plan" by any means necessary. they're simply businessmen making footballing decisions

think about what it would be like if the fans were making the decisions. We would be in terrible debt and have hired and fired more managers than anyone else!

S
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
S
They are opportunist businessmen who dont give a monkeys about the fans- all they are interested in is dollars. They bought the club for a bargain, have invested peanuts on players (40mill in 3 transfer windows) have done nothing so far about the stadium in 1.5 years. The only reason Kenny was sacked was because we didnt qualify for the champions league- 30mill plus revenue lost.

C
craney91
Unregistered
craney91
Unregistered
C
Originally Posted By: flames
who they pick will tell us everything.

100000000000000000000% agree.

If they've got any balls and brains, they'll go out and get a massive manager to take us forward. Especially after the removal of Kenny.

Appoint Martinez after sacking Kenny?

YEP, THAT TELLS ME EVERYTHING!

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By: steve10
They are opportunist businessmen who dont give a monkeys about the fans- all they are interested in is dollars. They bought the club for a bargain, have invested peanuts on players (40mill in 3 transfer windows) have done nothing so far about the stadium in 1.5 years. The only reason Kenny was sacked was because we didnt qualify for the champions league- 30mill plus revenue lost.

That is it in a nutshell.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD SPEAK SOFTLY - BOB PAISLEY
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
they are nerds get rid of them i have more brains in my bollox than jon henry has in his head!

R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Originally Posted By: steve10

That's a pessimistic way of putting it (or realistic) but it doesn't mean that's a bad thing. If you want big budgets, you need men with alot of money, who didn't get where they were by spunking it up the wall to appease fans of a team they've never heard of.
At least they'll make decisive decisions that are best for the club and at the very least get us back into the champions league. They will also be aware the new stadium is a must and the revenue involved so I'm sure it's in their thoughts.

That's how it's going to be unless we get a billionaire oil barron.

Big summer ahead. It seems several managers 'in the frame' are reasonably unlikley - Pep, Klopp, (Rodgers), Cappello. I feel like the first 3 names of Martinez, AVB and Rafa are the likeliest. I'd be happy with the latter 2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion