Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Some things really annoy me about the world's greatest game and I thought I'd share them to see if anyone else gets wound up by the same things....

1) abolish the transfer windows - let clubs sign players as and when they want/need. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the 'window' in place?
2) abolish long term loan signings - Didn't loans used to be for a few weeks at a time to cover for injuries or suspensions, or in case of emergencies? How can a prem club loan another prem club one of their players for a year?? madness.
3) 'shielding the ball' out of play. According to the FA rule books, 'preventing a player from getting to the ball with no attempt to play the ball' is blatant obstruction. Certain changes like the 'no pass back' rule were brought in to speed the game up so why do refs allow such negativity as this 'shielding' nonsense?
4) introduction of 4th official technology - to be used for penalty box incidents only
5) diving - anyone found guilty of CHEATING (let's not all it 'simulation') should get a 12 month ban without pay
6) pre-rehearsed goal celebrations - how camp and ridiculous do these people look doing their routines?? (sky have even got an award for 'best celebration'!!!)
7) brightly coloured football boots. ponces.

Have I missed anything? (this list started off with only 3 items but keeps growing...)

1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Some things really annoy me about the world's greatest game and I thought I'd share them to see if anyone else gets wound up by the same things....

1) abolish the transfer windows - let clubs sign players as and when they want/need. Can anyone think of a good reason to keep the 'window' in place?
2) abolish long term loan signings - Didn't loans used to be for a few weeks at a time to cover for injuries or suspensions, or in case of emergencies? How can a prem club loan another prem club one of their players for a year?? madness.
3) 'shielding the ball' out of play. According to the FA rule books, 'preventing a player from getting to the ball with no attempt to play the ball' is blatant obstruction. Certain changes like the 'no pass back' rule were brought in to speed the game up so why do refs allow such negativity as this 'shielding' nonsense?
4) introduction of 4th official technology - to be used for penalty box incidents only
5) diving - anyone found guilty of CHEATING (let's not all it 'simulation') should get a 12 month ban without pay
6) pre-rehearsed goal celebrations - how camp and ridiculous do these people look doing their routines?? (sky have even got an award for 'best celebration'!!!)
7) brightly coloured football boots. ponces.

Have I missed anything? (this list started off with only 3 items but keeps growing...)

1.Id abolish tranfer windows.
2.Id loan out it doesnt bother me if its giving players experience/playing time if we arent using them.
3. If that/any rule exists then it should be upheld.
4. 4th official Sounds good but it may give us all another official to moan at, can/will he be overuled by the ref?
5. Diving is annoying but again define a cheat, the ref could be mistaken,12 month ban is a long time,if TV is used to appeal it then we are back to square one, all about opinion.
6. I dont like many celebrations that are done however each to thier own.
7. I dont care what colour the boots are tbh. Although it seems to portray flare, he could end up looking silly when it goes pear shaped smile
8. People jumping on the band wagon,IE FA cup finals, getting tickets for the game when they have no real interest at all who's only interest is the prawn sandwhich. Old problem but always annoying.

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

C
craney91
Unregistered
craney91
Unregistered
C
1) Man City, and the days of seeing a player come good after hard work would be over. They'd be shipped out immediately and another player would be signed. To much activity, even with the windows as they are now. I dread to think what it would turn into with no windows.

2) Whats the point? Sometimes it's the best option for a player who wants away, or if the club want them away. If a club isn't available, the money or the wages, then sometimes it can be handy to have a "try before you buy"

3) When it's blatant and breaking the "rules" I agree.

4) No thanks, don't want technology and outside decisions effecting the game to much. Goal line tech, fine. Everything else can be done retrospectively. If a player dives for a pen, then scores the pen. The played can be banned and the goal chalked of, after the game. If you start to bring in tech, slowly but surely it would get bigger and end up changing the game for good. Plus, you wouldn't have as much controversy or much to talk about after a game, if everything was robotic perfection. The imperfections are actually what make football enjoyable. Remove that, remove a chunk of enjoyability. Whether it goes for you, or against you! It's just the way it is.

5) Suarez would never play football again! (although to his credit, in the last few games, he seems to have calmed it down a bit) Feigning injury and conning the ref should also be on the agenda, as well as diving.

6) It's the soccer am, twitter, kids and computer game culture! I'd kill it if I could, it's the world we live in! Rehearsed celebrations just make the person(s) doing it look like a zombie. A simple arm in the air/fist pump, high fives when running back to the half way line is fine. Dancing around a corner flag while your team mates all do the Macarena is just plain stupid.

7) Along with the untucked shirts, "look at me" stupid tape around ankles, "look at me" socks pulled up over knees, "look at me" wristbands, "look at me" wrist tape, "look at me" spandex tight body vests, "look at me" spandex shorts. If I wore and did all of that on the pitch across the road in a kick-a-bout with mates, I'd still be being laughed at. Yet grown men doing it on a "professional" football pitch, in front of prawn sandwich supporters is seen as "in" and "fashionable"

Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Transfer windows only came into effect about 10(?) years ago - things were fine before then and the problems you mentioned never happened from what I remember.

At least people have stopped whingeing about needing a 'winter break' in the last few years. That would REALLY p1ss me off! I wonder if the players would be happy to go without pay during the 'winter break'..?

T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
3. Very often it appears ok to shoulder-charge into a player who would otherwise get the ball. For me that's a foul as no effort is made to win the ball while contact is made, but the refs ignore it under shoulder-to-shoulder.
4. Additional referees behind the goal area. A referral system where a manager may make 2 "challenges" of a referee's ruling per half. The 4th official will watch a replay on a pitch-side screen, and give the final answer. If the manager is right he regains the challenge.

Carheex Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: craney91

6) It's the soccer am, twitter, kids and computer game culture! I'd kill it if I could, it's the world we live in! Rehearsed celebrations just make the person(s) doing it look like a zombie. A simple arm in the air/fist pump, high fives when running back to the half way line is fine. Dancing around a corner flag while your team mates all do the Macarena is just plain stupid.

For some reason, whenever I see some idiot doing a 'celebration' it ALWAYS reminds me of dennis wise (god i can't stand that little sh1t!!) at chelsea and some of the crap that they used to come up with!

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
im not really bothered by the stuff above, but i still think they need to clear up aspects of the offside and who is and isnt active/ obstructing keepers view/ defenders attention.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
oh yes! Football associations to punish referees who make incorrect decisions that have a direct influence on the result, rather than defending them. If we're not going to try be right, then the officials won't try either.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
good call thundyr.

how about refs having to do press conferences where they explain major decisions.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
I suppose the biggest thing for me is the "ordinary man/woman being priced out of the game that makes me sad, its being thrown to the so called elite/rich/trendy types. Its a bit late now though isn't it?. (start the revolution, bring back the Guillotine)

Last edited by LiverbirdLain; 25/04/12 03:02 PM.

Life is beautiful when you find Love
when you find the place your meant to be
when you find the one to give your heart to
as for me
this is you
this is Love

smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion