Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
C
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
C

Fair enough, my worry is that the longer the club remains out of the Champions League, the further behind we will fall behind our rivals. We can't advance on or off the pitch without CL income!

To be honest I don't care who the manager is as long as were successful!

Originally Posted By: AvailableOnAFree
Originally Posted By: wakka
Sad that the first silverware the club has won since 2006 is dismissed so easily.

It isn't sad if you look at it in economic terms. Carling Cup and FA Cup run, win or lose, will bring in about £2 million. Champions League, even just making the group stages and advancing no further, would bring in about £20 million. It's as simple as that. And you can bet that John Henry is looking at it the same way. He's a businessman, not a romantic. In modern football, domestic silverware is becoming less and less relevant.

I am a Liverpool football club supporter,not how much money can LFC generate for John Henry supporter.

LFC are trying to get back to the top after being almost destroyed,there will be ups and downs along the way,until John Henry puts money into the club,it will be struggling to compete.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By: Chris2402

Fair enough, my worry is that the longer the club remains out of the Champions League, the further behind we will fall behind our rivals. We can't advance on or off the pitch without CL income!

To be honest I don't care who the manager is as long as were successful!

couldnt agree more.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Originally Posted By: flames
great arguement..... insults.

My argument relates to the rest of my post, not just the final word.

the rest of your post was yet another sarcastic humourless rhetoric.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
Sad that the first silverware the club has won since 2006 is dismissed so easily.

Not as sad as being 8th in the league despite spending a fortune. A few years ago our rivals were Man Utd, Barcelona, Milan, Real Madrid, Arsenal........now it's fulham, west brom & cardiff. Still, we've got the carling cup, eh?

Please don't dismiss peoples opinions without thinking about it,no point debating with people who are not willing to listen to others peoples thoughts.

Any potential new manager should think very carefully about taking the job at LFC if he is going to be turned on so quickly,sad reflection on supporters these days.

Well, like it or not, people are going to be judged based on their performances - whether they're the manager of Liverpool or fry chef at McDonalds. We were doing well enough at the end of last year, so Dalglish had our support. Things have gone badly south this year, and show no sign of abating, so his position has to be called into question. It's really not that difficult to understand, and I don't think it's necessarily symptomatic of modern supporters. People were calling for Sounness's head just as strongly as they're calling for Kenny's now. The only reason they weren't calling for Shankly's or Paisley's or Kenny's the first time around is because we were the best team in Britain back then.

YNWA
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player

It isn't sad if you look at it in economic terms. Carling Cup and FA Cup run, win or lose, will bring in about £2 million. Champions League, even just making the group stages and advancing no further, would bring in about £20 million. It's as simple as that. And you can bet that John Henry is looking at it the same way. He's a businessman, not a romantic. In modern football, domestic silverware is becoming less and less relevant.

I am a Liverpool football club supporter,not how much money can LFC generate for John Henry supporter.

LFC are trying to get back to the top after being almost destroyed,there will be ups and downs along the way,until John Henry puts money into the club,it will be struggling to compete.

Ah, silly me. I thought this was a "How Much Money LFC can Generate for John Henry" forum. That's all I'm really interested in.

Seriously, are you having trouble understanding this argument? To compete in modern football, you need money. We're not going to get to where we need to be by winning some tin pot cup. We do that by doing well in the league. John Henry has put massive amounts of money into the club already, most of which Kenny and Comolli proceeded to p*ss up a wall. JH will need to provide more cash this summer, and I'm sure he will. Whether Kenny is the right man to spend that cash is another matter.

YNWA
So,the solution is to sack a manager every season?,or is it to give a manager a chance for a couple of seasons with his own players and ideas?

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis

Ah, silly me. I thought this was a "How Much Money LFC can Generate for John Henry" forum. That's all I'm really interested in.

Seriously, are you having trouble understanding this argument? To compete in modern football, you need money. We're not going to get to where we need to be by winning some tin pot cup. We do that by doing well in the league. John Henry has put massive amounts of money into the club already, most of which Kenny and Comolli proceeded to p*ss up a wall. JH will need to provide more cash this summer, and I'm sure he will. Whether Kenny is the right man to spend that cash is another matter.

Just so you know,John Henry has not put massive money into LFC since they paid the initial price for the club,almost everything paid out has been recouped in player sales and wage cuts,a lot of talent has left the club in the past few seasons without being replaced,unless there is big money spent and wages which can compete with other clubs,then LFC will struggle to compete.

"Romance has broke down
This boy is crack'in up"

So not a moderator

Valar Morghulis
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I'd be more than happy to give a manager a chance if I think he's deserving. But if, after more than a year in charge, we're worse off than the year before, then I'm not sure he's earned that chance.

I would be happy to put up with another season in 7th or so if I could see that we were moving forward. But the fact the majority of our players have gone backwards this season (Downing, Kuyt, Henderson, Gerrard, Reina, etc.) and the fact that our results have actually been getting worse (2nd bottom since January) does not have me very optimistic.

YNWA
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
[/quote]

Just so you know,John Henry has not put massive money into LFC since they paid the initial price for the club,almost everything paid out has been recouped in player sales and wage cuts,a lot of talent has left the club in the past few seasons without being replaced,unless there is big money spent and wages which can compete with other clubs,then LFC will struggle to compete. [/quote]

Ah yes, apart from that £300 million or so to wipe out our debt and save us from collapse, all he did was trim the massive amounts of fat and clear out the dead wood at the club and turned us into a profitable entity. Apart from that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?

YNWA
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion