Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: jboy
Don't be daft man.We couldn't beat west brom at home after dominating the game completely,how do you suppose we are to beat Chelsea who put in a far more dogged defence against barca and they are a better quality attacking side than west brom

Did we not already beat them twice this season? We also beat Man City, Arsenal and Man Ure. If football results were as black and white as you make it out to be, we'd be higher in the league.

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
we will probably beat chelsea 6-0 knowing the way football works

I will listen, only if your answer contains wisdom

I
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
I
I think the Dalglish lovers and Dalglish deserve one another...

H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
they are a dying breed or so I am told

J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
You're only as good as your last performance Bar

T
thundyr
Unregistered
thundyr
Unregistered
T
So. The number of home games where Liverpool have scored more than once remains at 4. 3 times we scored 3, and we put 2 past Wolves at Anfield. Number of times we've scored none at home? Also 4. We've conceded a goal in 12 of our home games (out of 17) - ie 5 clean sheets.

I'm sorry, but you can't have 12 shots on target without making the keeper produce at least one world class save. I mean, WBA had 4 on target - 1 goal, and two great saves from Reina among them. We had 12 without troubling the keeper, and 16 more that weren't on target. 15 corners - 0 goals. Do we practice shooting?

Carroll played a number of brilliant layoffs, and all amounted to nothing because he's surrounded by players who can't hit the side of a barn. Not that he can do better, but in terms of creating clear cut chances he was the stand out player. Were his team mates Everton players today we'd have scored half a dozen or more.

Disgusted with our continual inability to score goals, and just what was Johnson thinking? Bring back Kelly already.

And Kenny? "You keep coming with the same questions and I'll keep giving you the same answers." Then give the interviewer a reason to ask different questions! Like maybe, "What did you do to turn around Liverpool's inability to score goals?"

H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
+1

C
craney91
Unregistered
craney91
Unregistered
C
It's heggypompom day!

Nearly every thread on the first page was last commented on by heggypompom!

Go on son!

laugh

Bar Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: thundyr
Carroll played a number of brilliant layoffs, and all amounted to nothing because he's surrounded by players who can't hit the side of a barn. Not that he can do better, but in terms of creating clear cut chances he was the stand out player. Were his team mates Everton players today we'd have scored half a dozen or more.

The finishing has been out-of-this-world awful this season. I've never seen anything like it from any team, let alone ours. We create so much, but do so little with it, it's unbelievable. As for your mention of Carroll, you're quite right - here's a stat I saw earlier that I found very interesting!

Opta Liverpool @OptaLiverpool
8 - The number of Goal-Scoring chances created by Andy Carroll today, the most by a Liverpool player in a single game, this season. Surprise

*RODGERS *SKRTEL *JONJO

'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?'
'If there is hope, it lies in the proles'
H
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
H
I would love to know how much of these were clear cut chances

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion