Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#183662 22/01/12 01:01 AM
P
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
P
Alright guys after watching our beloved Liverpool side throw away another 3 valuable points today (against a bottom 3 team) I've began to wonder Kenny's summer signings since proper appointment. I know in the past Mr. Rafa Benitez was heavily critisied for making some poor signings but the majority of Kennys signings ain't been great either ( Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Adam, Doni) these players in total cost most of the transfer kitty of nearly 70 million but none of them have really made the mark as good players exclude the likes of (Enrique, Suarez, Bellamy). The question is guys are you happy with how Kenny has spent the money???And do you think its time for us to dip into the January transfer market for new faces??

Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
Not sure why Doni is being classed as a bad buy, not like he would have knocked Reina off the number 1 spot and hasn't had the opportunity to anyway.

Yes I feel we should buy some players but it is hard to in January as prices are over-inflated just look at the Carroll deal last winter.

Maybe if we progress through to the Carling Cup final and next stage of the FA Cup we will invest a bit more.

Personally if I was the owner and was watching Carroll and the others get slated week in week out i'd think twice before allowing more money to be spent on average players.

#183682 22/01/12 01:11 AM
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
This is a repeat of discussions on other threads.

No one is happy with the new signings - but you can't blame it all on KK. Adam and Downing came highly rated as attacking midfielders with good delivery and goals in them. They suddenly seem to have none of those attributes. Carroll and Henderson broke into the England squad based on their performances - and they seem to be a shadow of those players now. You can't convince me that all these players were transformed in to poor players by our coaching squad.

Quite simply, the new signings have let KK down more than the other way around. I think KK should be given funds to sign a couple of players in this window to correct the balance in our squad. We need some speed, width, and playmaking skill badly. Once he has brought those players in he should be given the rest of the season to make an improvement. We are a point from fifth and still in all competitions. The knee-jerk response to throw KK under a bus is just stupid and counterproductive. I'm ashamed of those fans publicly calling for his head halfway into his first full season as manager.

TheKopProphet has mentioned many of these players were bought on their achievement from last year! MAINLY because they were played to their strengths.

Why don't we do the same?

#183695 22/01/12 01:19 AM
P
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
P
I know it is abit unfair calling for him to be sacked at this point of the season but i really don't know what he was thinking with these signings like imagine having 35 million pound to spend after the Torres transfer and he decides to spend it on Andy Carroll don't get me wrong the kid had potential at the time but it has been one of the biggest blunders in epl history besides Torres. That money could have bought 2 better players and the likes of Adam and Downing are too inconsistent we need more reliable players just look at spearing what was the point in spending money on players like that when you have better players on the bench

#183976 22/01/12 05:53 PM
P
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
P
Yeah there was a pattern but whats the point in talking about what they have done for other teams when they are not producing it now at our club it. it comes down to the fact that most of the players we bought were big fish's in little ponds fair enuf on Downing account he cant gain any assists because nobody is converting them but the others are muck we need to seriously dip in this market and grab a proven goalscorer play maker etc.

#183985 22/01/12 06:00 PM
K
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
K
Gonna have to agree with this - however if just half of the 20 or so 'striking the woodwork' had been converted, Downing would've had a few goals and numerous assists etc ditto Carroll. Ditto Henderson.

F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By: kubrick
Gonna have to agree with this - however if just half of the 20 or so 'striking the woodwork' had been converted, Downing would've had a few goals and numerous assists etc ditto Carroll. Ditto Henderson.
there are no hard luck stories mate all this hitting the post nonsense

Last edited by fazakerley red 1; 22/01/12 06:09 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
Originally Posted By: redsan4ever
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
This is a repeat of discussions on other threads.

No one is happy with the new signings - but you can't blame it all on KK. Adam and Downing came highly rated as attacking midfielders with good delivery and goals in them. They suddenly seem to have none of those attributes. Carroll and Henderson broke into the England squad based on their performances - and they seem to be a shadow of those players now. You can't convince me that all these players were transformed in to poor players by our coaching squad.

Quite simply, the new signings have let KK down more than the other way around. I think KK should be given funds to sign a couple of players in this window to correct the balance in our squad. We need some speed, width, and playmaking skill badly. Once he has brought those players in he should be given the rest of the season to make an improvement. We are a point from fifth and still in all competitions. The knee-jerk response to throw KK under a bus is just stupid and counterproductive. I'm ashamed of those fans publicly calling for his head halfway into his first full season as manager.

TheKopProphet has mentioned many of these players were bought on their achievement from last year! MAINLY because they were played to their strengths.

Why don't we do the same?

Because ken has lost the plot. He spent £20m on a winger who has 0 goals and 0 assists in the league this season.....and kd thinks he has done better than expected!! Sorry gents, giving him anymore money would mean less money for our next manager to put things right. There's no point being patient for the sake of it if things are getting worse not better. We need to be proactive to move forward, not reactive.

1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
and who will come in and fix this?

sack sack sack, thats all people are able to say. no solutions, just sack and sell everyone.

Luis Garcia, He drinks sangria
He came from Barca, to bring us Joy
He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
please don't take my Luis away.

"...AND 32 MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF GOALKEEPER CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT"
F
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
F
Originally Posted By: flames
and who will come in and fix this?

sack sack sack, thats all people are able to say. no solutions, just sack and sell everyone.
the precedence has been cast mate by others last season , so its ok to sack non liverpool legends but liverpool legends get a walk over ?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion