KopTalk.com
Posted By: Dunk NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:20 PM
I think it's time to add some new blood to the moderators list. Quite a few people are saying it's a bit cliquey in here. I don't know if that's the case or if it's just people upset at getting their own way so to be fair to everyone, I can add a few more moderators to even things out.

Moderators need to be regular contributors, maybe from the Top Posters list down the right there.

It's a shame that you can't all treat each other with a bit of respect. I don't understand why people need to have digs at others just because you don't share the same view.

I expect moderators to set a good example. They aren't exempt from the rules. But remember, mods contribute voluntarily and help the community so please take in to consideration that they do get baited a lot.
Posted By: Pops Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:25 PM
I nominate Stanley Park, would be perfect!
Posted By: I_Bleed_Red Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:39 PM
If we get to nominate I think BarLennon would be perfect.
Seems to have a good grip on reality smile
Posted By: Dunk Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:53 PM
If you are nominated and you would be interested, please state so on this thread. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:53 PM
Thundyr or cranney, Someone who is sensible but also listen to all
Views without force feeding their own.

The subtle art of agreeing to disagree
Posted By: lumba Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:57 PM
Liverbirdlain for that woman's touch and Thundyr for his level head.
Posted By: Chris2402 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 04:57 PM
BarLennon seems a good shout to me!
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 05:05 PM
BarLennon is too similar to flames & wakka, in my opinion and would probably make the situation worse. One of the problems is that most of the moderators have the same viewpoints and abuse their 'power' way too often in terms of throwing their weight around, closing threads, being hypocritical with the absue. My votes would go to:

-Rafarendum
-Stanley Park
-Thundyr (an argumentative so-and-so but seems very impartial - his posts are usually factual and rarely emotionally biased)
Posted By: Pops Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 05:09 PM
I think Thundyr is a good shout too. Stan and Thindyr are very good at giving opinions without raming them down people's throats. Stan has been a little ott lately, but is generally very good at listening.
Posted By: wakka Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 05:19 PM
I will refrain from nominating anyone for moderator,think that will be fair to everyone.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 05:36 PM
I think Growler would be a good shout or Thundyr.
Posted By: Maddog Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:13 PM
I reckon Snakeye or Barlennon
Posted By: Maddog Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:16 PM
PS I hear Damien Commolli is looking for a job Dunk!
Posted By: Flames Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:24 PM
Originally Posted By: CarheeX
One of the problems is that most of the moderators have the same viewpoints and abuse their 'power' way too often in terms of throwing their weight around, closing threads, being hypocritical with the absue.

really dont know how you get away with throwing around accusations like that without a shred of evidence.

anyway, i considered abstaining from this, but i think stanley park is a great shout, doesnt particularly have any bind to anyone and handles himself very well.
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Dunk
If you are nominated and you would be interested, please state so on this thread. Thanks.

thundyr and Rafarendum are great shouts for me. Both very sensible users and very fair and impartial. Since a few have mentioned me, I'll say I would be interested in being considered.
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: flames
One of the problems is that most of the moderators have the same viewpoints and abuse their 'power' way too often in terms of throwing their weight around, closing threads, being hypocritical with the absue.

really dont know how you get away with throwing around accusations like that without a shred of evidence.

anyway, i considered abstaining from this, but i think stanley park is a great shout, doesnt particularly have any bind to anyone and handles himself very well.

Oh there's plenty of evidence! Don't ask me to scour each and very thread for it though but I regularly see people complaing about your conduct within threads. I 'get away with it' because I'm telling the truth.
Posted By: Flames Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:55 PM
unless you are prepared to back up accusations please refrain from doing so.
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:55 PM
As an experiment, maybe the forum could run for a weekend without any moderators? What's the worse that could happen? From my experiences, the moderators are often the buggest culprits, hypocrites and instigators of abuse/nonsense/provocation and actually do very little to improve the community.
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 06:56 PM
unless you are prepared to back up accusations please refrain from doing so.

You request will be considered.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 07:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Maddog
I reckon Snakeye or Barlennon

Thanks, I'm interested but I wouldn't be bothered if there are other better candidates.

My vote goes to Growler or LiverbirdLain
Posted By: Solar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 08:23 PM
i'm not the moderator you need, but the moderator you deserve.

for what it's worth i'll vote Stanley Park.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 08:25 PM
Bar and Stanley Park for me.

I can't believe Growler isn't already a moderator.
Does this mean he has been handing out coconuts without a licence.

Growler for me also.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:07 PM
Goodness me !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:11 PM
BarLennon or Thundyr.
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:19 PM
Originally Posted By: TheKopProphet
What does it mean to be a moderator. What are this site's policies on moderation? Until that is understood I don't think it's fair to allow nominations for moderators.

My own veiw (which may be completely dissimilar to Dunk's for all I know) is that moderators should be fair, impartial, even-handed, and not overly corrective or power-hungry. I am a big advocate of free speech as long as it doesn't infringe on peoples rights, demean them by race/religion/gender/sexual preference etc., or include libel or slander. I don't think heated conversations or debates need to be excessively moderated unless there is an element of undue malice, personal threat, or discrimination. Excessive censorship is therefore not a good thing.

A moderator should have a good disposition but not necessarily be an automaton or a fence-rider. Sometimes moderators exacerbate problems by trying to be too middle-of-the-road or wishy-washy. But I don't think you can choose moderators who are excessively negative and controversial either. I just witnessed the demise of what was a very rigorous Liverpool MB - myself and E(SSO) came over from that site. Poor moderation was one of the factors behind its demise.

These comments aren't an attempt to gain nomination for the position - I know I would never be considered. But some of the people being nominated will spell trouble if they are given the role. I am genuinely interested in Kop Talk's stance on the issue of moderation and censorship. I have witnessed instances where one person got banned in a trade of insults between two posters, which I think was the wrong action to take. I have also noted a couple of decent posters not come back after receiving a short ban. There have also been instances where people have survived despite committing worse verbal offenses of those that were banned. I think I have some good recommendations for moderators but it all depends on Kop Talk's policy.

Do you not think you are taking this a bit too seriously?????
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:27 PM
thanks all for the vote of confidence !!!!!
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:37 PM
I actually agree with some of what you said, especially regarding censorship, feedom of expression/speech etc. In an earlier post I suggested a moderator-free weekend as an experiment. We're all adults - what's the worst that could happen? In many ways, too much moderation is worse than none. To a certain degree, nasty insults need to be cut out of course, but are we that fragile that we need prefects around telling us off just for calling someone a 'd1ck', for example?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 10:49 PM
I could do the mod thing if nominated. I'm online most days, even when I'd rather not read endless threads b1tching about the same things as the previous week.

For my money, Stanley Park is a good shout. Seems to know a good deal about things in Liverpool (the city) as well, which brings a different perspective to the "reality" of the club to OOTs like myself who don't even live in England.

Rafarendum is also a good call given his regular presence on the forum and his much better than average grasp of tactics. I realize that a mod is mainly there to stop idiocy getting out of hand, but it helps if the guy (or gal!) knows a thing or two about football. But, for instance, blindly supporting Kevin Doyle doesn't help forum n00bs gain respect for a mod.
Posted By: LiamH Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 11:30 PM
Ta be fair I don't think the current moderators are doin that bad of a job. Everyones gonna have an opinion and there no different. Honestly havin seen them (maybe I'm wrong) dealin with anyone in an unfair manner.
But from followin Koptalk for the past few months I think (for what its worth) the people most suited to become moderators due to general cop on and actual good football knowledge would be Thundyr and/or Stanley Park. . .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 24/04/12 11:43 PM
I actually agree with some of what you said, especially regarding censorship, feedom of expression/speech etc. In an earlier post I suggested a moderator-free weekend as an experiment. We're all adults - what's the worst that could happen? In many ways, too much moderation is worse than none. To a certain degree, nasty insults need to be cut out of course, but are we that fragile that we need prefects around telling us off just for calling someone a 'd1ck', for example?

I don't know that we're "fragile" but I believe there always needs to be a sense of decency. Resorting to gutter talk (as I've seen quite regularly on this forum) is not the way to go about making or arguing a point. Though one may know the recipient is thick skinned, that's no excuse to behave poorly.
Posted By: Flames Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 12:11 AM

for the millionth time, mods dont make up the rules. thats dunk you have a problem with.
Posted By: bigredkop Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 12:42 AM
My nominations in no order:

Carheex,
Thundyr,
Bar Lennon,
Kop Prophet,
Stanley Park.
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 12:44 AM
thanks for no nominations people much appreciated
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:00 AM
Originally Posted By: fazakerley red 1

Might be a reason for that one boyo
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Reconize

Might be a reason for that one boyo
why ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:08 AM

Your actually bothered faz? laugh

There was already one of these threads a month or so back, it was taken down because it can cause divides within the "community" and secondly the claims CERTAIN people have on here about cliques, is totally false! As Dunc himself would find out if he took the time himself to look through the forum for any evidence of it.

Personally, I think the forums are fine as they are, apart from a few individuals. There is no need for any new mods. The current mods do a fine job here and if a certain minority don't think so and look for trouble. Then don't come here, go elsewhere!....I guarantee you'll struggle to find any better!

If there is a need for any mods, why doesn't Dunc ask those people directly if they'd be interested, rather than asking for suggestions in a thread?

By doing this thread, this stands more of a chance of causing divides and cliques, because some people may get the hump about the "suggestions" and not being picked or "liked"

I think its a bit hypocritical, if I'm honest. Because by doing this, it will cause just that! "What nobody wants"

Why don't you email or PM some of the people who've been on here the longest Dunc? I'm sure some of them would be interested. wink
Posted By: fazakerley red 1 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:12 AM
Originally Posted By: craney91

Your actually bothered laugh
no not really but why was that other comment fromm reconise can you only be a mod if you love benitez or dalglish ?
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:26 AM
has to be stanley, fazerkley red or available on a free or rafarendum IMO.
Posted By: lumba Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: craney91

Your actually bothered laugh
no not really but why was that other comment fromm reconise can you only be a mod if you love benitez or dalglish ?
confused
Posted By: Nawaz Akther Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:46 AM
LiverbirdLain
BarLennon
lumba
Posted By: wakka Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:56 AM
and yes... in the interest of equality we should have a female mod...

Already have Flames.
Posted By: lumba Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:57 AM
grin
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 02:01 AM
Growler for me if I had to pick one funny and impartial as far as I see
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 03:32 AM

for the millionth time, mods dont make up the rules. thats dunk you have a problem with.

In that case the currents mods aren't following the rules then because there is so much inconsistency, hence the confusion surrounding said 'rules'.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 03:42 AM
If I was you carheex, I'd be on my knees very grateful to the mods here.

If you think its inconsistent, wrong, clique-ish, or WHATEVER. If you don't like it. Lump it!
Posted By: *** Suso *** Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:07 AM
my vote would have one to rafa and stanley park but they seem to have enough support so i will vote for my self frown
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:08 AM
Sorry....just contributing my opinions. I thought that is what the forum is here for.
Posted By: Derek Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:59 AM
Sack Ke....... sorry, wrong thread
Thundyr, Bar or Stanley
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 11:11 AM
Stanley
Liverbird
Growler (as long as he still lets us play in the music thread)
Lumba
Armitage
Snakeye
Bar
Thundyr

All capable of great things smile
Posted By: *** Suso *** Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 12:24 PM
red 4 life anyone?
Posted By: redordead13 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:13 PM
Bar, Thundyr, Snakeye, Stan, and Lain would be good.
Posted By: xxxxxxx Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 01:34 PM
barlennon would be good, sensible and maybe not as involved in petty feuds as some
Posted By: Muj Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By: wakka
and yes... in the interest of equality we should have a female mod...

Already have Flames.

wink
Posted By: Muj Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 03:54 PM
Growler deserves it.he missed out the previous time wen we were nominated.
Posted By: Woolsey Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:38 PM
Thundyr
BarLennon
Stanley Park
Posted By: Flames Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Mujtaba

true, there's a case for that alright.
Posted By: Brian Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:54 PM
I would like to nominate Growler, BarLennon and Thundyr
Growler - for his tenacity and stamp of authority (+free pie,gravy and chips)
Thundyr - for his generally balanced views
BarLennon - for John L (namesake-need I say more)
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Brian
I would like to nominate Growler, BarLennon and Thundyr
Growler - for his tenacity and stamp of authority (+free pie,gravy and chips)
Thundyr - for his generally balanced views
BarLennon - for John L (namesake-need I say more)

Ha!! What a reason! Cheers though smile Funny enough, I wore a John Lennon t-shirt out last night!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Mujtaba

So this has happened before then? whistle

For what it's worth, the people who have been on here the longest, should be asked without any need for a thread like this. It all depends on how much time they spend on here and if they want to do it though.

If no f*cker wants it.....

Then as I've said before:

I'm waiting in the wings wink

......Seriously though, I'm not interested in being a mod in the slightest! Whether it be 0 votes, 1 vote, 10 votes, 50 votes, WHATEVER! Me nar wanna do it! Me nar wanna tek di stik from carheex, like he givin to flames n wakka fa doin nutin wrong! irie?
Peace! wink
Posted By: AvailableOnAFree Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 25/04/12 11:51 PM
For what it's worth, Stanley and BarLennon get my vote. If nothing else, they would provide a nice counterpoint. Thundyr would be a good shout as well. Seems fairly well-liked and respected by just about everyone, regardless of their particular viewpoint.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 26/04/12 12:05 AM
The suspense is killing me Dunk! So who Is it going to be???

This is the most exciting thread since the january transfer window!! smile

Sorry.. The Summer transfer window... January really wasn't so great..

I clearly take the risk of getting banned (by next said mod).. but really hope its Stan, Growls, Lumba & Lain..

Stan is and should clearly be our resident LFC trooper. He has been there, seen it and probabaly done most of it (the dog). Mostly though he really is old (and a true fan) so should at least be crowned on compasionate grounds..

Growler - Well he is part of the woodwork. He is always around, very in tune as well.. to the music thread. He is very much like Stan but with no musical taste.. But clearly a lovely guy smile

Then we have our very own princess Lain. As if I need say anymore. She is clearly wonderful, always on side, never in doubt. Although i'm sure she has many other qualities (apart from photography), one thing you can garauntee is she will cover the night shift when everyone else has gone to sleep.. smile

My final Choice would be Lumba. What can I say, he is always around, I have never heard him say one bad thing about anyone or any of our players (which i find quite remarkable to be honest). The only worry would be he would change the forum into some kind of devil worship for some acid house band. I'm cool with that though. smile
Posted By: Madness Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 26/04/12 12:50 AM
For Me BarLennon and SnakeEye

think they're both very impartial and are generally right in situations lol
Posted By: redordead13 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 26/04/12 09:18 AM
Bar and Lain are the most impartial, I think. Thundyr, Snake, Stan would be good too.
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:27 AM
Do we have a winner yet?
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:39 AM
stan stan he's our man

if he can't do it

no one can
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:40 AM
Haha sure is who will win!!!!!!
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:41 AM
Originally Posted By: heggypompom
stan stan he's our man

if he can't do it

no one can

Good work Heggy 3 months in and on the top posters list you've been busy smile
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:45 AM
thank you for undivided attention

it is a bit unnerving but whatever suits I guess smile
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:56 AM
No problem don't be nervous it not undivided just had a look there and saw you bit touchy today are you ffs
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:58 AM
no mate, just playing but no need to swear.

the comment was taken as a joke and no more
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:02 AM
That's all it was just noticed you comment on the other thread good man making more friends again smile
Posted By: wakka Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:03 AM
Please,this is a thread that doesn't need to be taken miles off topic.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:05 AM
Wakka out of interest what do you think makes a good MOD
Posted By: wakka Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:05 AM
Patience.
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:07 AM
Then you are the best then Sir:)
Posted By: DBS Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:11 AM
Please,this is a thread that doesn't need to be taken miles off topic.

Apologies just a quick bout of handbags all sorted now:)
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:13 AM
agreed smile
Posted By: Growler Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:21 AM
M A T I L D A !

mad

Sez nowt but all action when needs must. eek
Posted By: redordead13 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:30 AM
How many is he selecting?
Posted By: Growler Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 01:38 AM
Originally Posted By: redordead13
How many is he selecting?

ONE! grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 10:54 AM
Patience.

laugh
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:54 PM
I nominate armitage
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 27/04/12 12:54 PM
I accept the nomination

Sorry thought it was french style candidature,
I won't say who I think SHOULDNT be a mod much as i'd love to;

BUT : who should/ could be a mod:
Barlennon
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 08:48 PM
Any News Dunk? smile

Why not ask people who are interested in being a mod to contact you and then have a poll with just those people, leaving everyone including current mods to vote. Then pick top 3 or 4 or 1 or whatever..

Or just ask people to contact you if they don't want to be included then select people from the Top Posters list.

I think its a good idea to give more support to the current mods, freshen up the site and make a few worthy members very happy. smile
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 08:51 PM
No its more fun seeing the people pretending they dont want to be moderater posting
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 08:58 PM
I'm quite enjoying watching BarLennon's personality change almost overnight as soon as he got nominated!! The auditioning is going well Bar - you're through to the next round!! :-)

Armitage - what makes you think that those who don't want want moderator are 'pretending'? Are you saying that everyone wants to be a mod??? If money was involved I'd be interested, but I don't work for free thank you very much. My time is valuable to me.
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:03 PM
I'm quite enjoying watching BarLennon's personality change almost overnight as soon as he got nominated!! The auditioning is going well Bar - you're through to the next round!! :-)

Armitage - what makes you think that those who don't want want moderator are 'pretending'? Are you saying that everyone wants to be a mod??? If money was involved I'd be interested, but I don't work for free thank you very much. My time is valuable to me.

What personality change would that be??
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:03 PM
No, I just laughed cos there are 1 or 2 who seemed to be suggesting that they didnt want to do it but (in my opinion) they wanted to be mods. Just found it amusing thats all!
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:19 PM
Don't worry kop prophet i nominated myself too
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:23 PM
Thanks i think i am in the running
Posted By: Carheex Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:32 PM
Dunk, I hope you won't punish me for being honest and candid with you. But when you came out and publicly announced your 'Dalglish out' stance it emboldened people on this board to rev up the anti-Dalglish rhetoric, some to the point of insult and vitriol. While I agree that you have every right to be a person and express an opinion, some obviously felt that this was the official Kop Talk position and have been hammering dozens of threads with negativity.

I'm not going to nominate anyone in particular but just ask that you pick someone who is balanced, fair, positive, patient with varying opinion and not in the extreme on the managerial issue. I think this will keep the board healthy and productive.

Thank you.

I can read between the lines - you're nominating me, aren't you?!

Seriously though, the current prefects all seem very pro-kenneth as do the nominees, and adding another one won't change much at all. Something different is needed as all the nominees so far are very similar. The only impartial, devil's advocate type mentioned so far is Thundyr. Somone even mentioned Growler!!!
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:38 PM
I think the obvious choice is thundyr. I think pretty much everyone would be happy with that. Either way, hopefully it'll be sorted out and ended sooner rather than later, because ever since this thread appeared, it's been bringing out the worst in a lot of posters and catty, bitter comments have been on the increase as well as a lot of baiting.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: BarLennon
I think the obvious choice is thundyr. I think pretty much everyone would be happy with that. Either way, hopefully it'll be sorted out and ended sooner rather than later, because ever since this thread appeared, it's been bringing out the worst in a lot of posters and catty, bitter comments have been on the increase as well as a lot of baiting.

This is why I think you should do it.
Posted By: redordead13 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: aldo

This is why I think you should do it.

Agreed. Aren't there multiple spots anyway?
Posted By: jboy Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 09:53 PM
I didn't think Koptalk
had a position.I thought that it was just a bunch of fans who raised topics to talk about and replied to others.As for Dunc he is allowed to say what he wants as long as he doesn't abuse anybody along the wayIf people think that because the editor has a point of view they must follow it then that is their problem.I agree that insults are wrong but you can understand to a certain extent the vitriol due to anger frustration and sheer confusion as to what the team are doing under him.I personally think he has failed this season tho i really wanted KK to come back and make the fairytale complete.
Posted By: ianrush81 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 11:33 PM
Originally Posted By: jboy
I didn't think Koptalk
had a position.I thought that it was just a bunch of fans who raised topics to talk about and replied to others.As for Dunc he is allowed to say what he wants as long as he doesn't abuse anybody along the wayIf people think that because the editor has a point of view they must follow it then that is their problem.I agree that insults are wrong but you can understand to a certain extent the vitriol due to anger frustration and sheer confusion as to what the team are doing under him.I personally think he has failed this season tho i really wanted KK to come back and make the fairytale complete.

Of course he is allowed... and I made that point clear. The insults and vitriol is inexcusable in a manager's first season where he took the club to two cup finals. Everyone is frustrated with the league showing... but there is no excuse for some behaviour.
If Dalglish takes all that goes with the good then he has to accept everything that goes with the bad as far as am concerned, legend or not does'nt get him any special treatment in my book.
Posted By: ianrush81 Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 28/04/12 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: ianrush81
I didn't think Koptalk

Of course he is allowed... and I made that point clear. The insults and vitriol is inexcusable in a manager's first season where he took the club to two cup finals. Everyone is frustrated with the league showing... but there is no excuse for some behaviour.
If Dalglish takes all that goes with the good then he has to accept everything that goes with the bad as far as am concerned, legend or not does'nt get him any special treatment in my book.

Retaining his job after a first season and reaching two cup finals is hardly special treatment. We gave Houllier and Rafa time... so it's not a stretch of credulity to suppose he'll get another season.
Both those managers never dropped the Club to these depths Dalglish has and when they took over they both did show is a sign that things could get better, Dalglish has clearly taken the Club backwards with no progression, cant even string 3 wins together all season, 5 wins at home all season and about to finish behind Everton, he deserves all the stick he is getting as far as am concerned, disgrace.
Posted By: Shaggydog Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:01 AM
Let me guess rush, you just missed happy hour again
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:07 AM
I can read between the lines - you're nominating me, aren't you?!

Seriously though, the current prefects all seem very pro-kenneth as do the nominees, and adding another one won't change much at all. Something different is needed as all the nominees so far are very similar. The only impartial, devil's advocate type mentioned so far is Thundyr. Somone even mentioned Growler!!!

You know me too well, Carheex. smile

I dunno that I'm entirely "impartial" - I have my favourite topics that I'll debate until doomsday, and that's a Rafa fact. I'm certainly not a "radical" though.

Oh, yeah. Vote me! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:13 AM
Both those managers never dropped the Club to these depths Dalglish has and when they took over they both did show is a sign that things could get better, Dalglish has clearly taken the Club backwards with no progression, cant even string 3 wins together all season, 5 wins at home all season and about to finish behind Everton, he deserves all the stick he is getting as far as am concerned, disgrace.

Yeah, winning the Carling Cup and reaching the FA Cup final is disgraceful. Only 3 clubs have ever won both in the same season, so how sh!te are we under Kenny? Sack the lot!

The cup runs have cost us in the league - maybe this side only has so many wins in it, and we've largely used up our quota in the cups. Is there really any difference between 6th (where we finished last season) and 8th (where we are now) given that we've won through to our 3rd trip to the new Wembley in a few months when we'd never been there before?

So we may finish below Everton on the table for the first time since the Premier League started. Everyone can get lucky once.
Posted By: jboy Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:19 AM
Agree with what you're saying but why do fans count the three Wembley appearances.Only the two finals count.I can't see why we're boasting about a semi appearance just because it's Wembley.the semis shouldn't be played there
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:24 AM
Agree with what you're saying but why do fans count the three Wembley appearances.Only the two finals count.I can't see why we're boasting about a semi appearance just because it's Wembley.the semis shouldn't be played there

ok, so semi-finals are worthless. if you don't win the trophy there's no reason to make anything out of a cup run. We only won one game in the Carling Cup - fortunately it was the final.
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:35 AM
Originally Posted By: thundyr

Yeah, winning the Carling Cup and reaching the FA Cup final is disgraceful. Only 3 clubs have ever won both in the same season, so how sh!te are we under Kenny? Sack the lot!

The cup runs have cost us in the league - maybe this side only has so many wins in it, and we've largely used up our quota in the cups. Is there really any difference between 6th (where we finished last season) and 8th (where we are now) given that we've won through to our 3rd trip to the new Wembley in a few months when we'd never been there before?

So we may finish below Everton on the table for the first time since the Premier League started. Everyone can get lucky once.

They've finished ahead of us in the PL once before... funnily enough, that season we got to the League Cup Final and won the Champions League... but that season was classed as a failure too because we were 35 points off the leaders, outside the top 4 and Everton finished ahead of us whistle
Posted By: jboy Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:36 AM
All i meant was Wembley is only important if it's a final.As long as we win every game up to the final it doesn't matter where it's played.The only important thing about Wembley is that it's the final.I haven't been but i've heard that it's not a great stadium for the atmosphere
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:36 AM

They've finished ahead of us in the PL once before... funnily enough, that season we got to the League Cup Final and won the Champions League... but that season was classed as a failure too because we were 35 points off the leaders, outside the top 4 and Everton finished ahead of us whistle

Oh right! Forgot about that one somehow. whistle

We obviously need to stop winning multiple cups in the same season. Everton take advantage of such lapses.
Posted By: Bar Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 12:44 AM

Oh right! Forgot about that one somehow. whistle

We obviously need to stop winning multiple cups in the same season. Everton take advantage of such lapses.

Crafty b*stards! If we can make similar progress in the following seasons as we did last time they finished ahead of us, then I'm all for them winning their remaining games!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 01:00 AM
Exactly. Last time they snuck ahead of us we bagged 2 trophies before the start of the next season. We could do that again. As for next year's league prediction then:
1-Man City, 2-Everton, 3-Liverpool, 4-Newcastle (LFC winning the Europa League and the Super Cup, in keeping with the Everton thing)

Wouldn't *that* shake the world?
Posted By: heggypompom Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 10:51 AM
it would shake fergie pants
Posted By: Armitage Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 10:11 PM
I hope the moderators get rid of the people who post multiple threads on the same subject.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEW MODERATORS - SUGGESTIONS? - 29/04/12 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: heggypompom
it would shake fergie pants

Wonder how long it's been since there's been a shake in there?
© KopTalk Forums