KopTalk.com
Posted By: Professorkelly Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 03:39 AM

The brazilian midfielder is keen to renew is contract with Liverpool(1 Year remaining)since joining the reds in 2007 from Gremio. The 23 year old has become a reguler in the starting line up of both club & country.What's your opinions guys would you like to keep him or get rid of him in the summer??
Posted By: Flames Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 03:55 AM
wait.... THATS Lucas? i thought that was mascherano?
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 03:55 AM
Deffo keep,a good squad player at least regardless of any fresh blood bought in the summer.
Posted By: AMJ Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 04:08 AM
Definitely keep. He showed tremendous improvement, and great commitment.
I am sure he will keep getting better.
Posted By: Jammy Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 04:17 AM
Definate keep for me he's a great squad player to have, the guys attitude is unbelievable, he gets better each season and he's also a big game player. He's never let us down in games against Chelsea, United and Everton.
Posted By: Growler Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 05:06 AM
Keep, no question about it. Most improved player, and getting better all the time.
Posted By: Desh Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 05:18 AM
I know no one is bigger than the club after twatgate, but quite bluntly the club shouldn't have a say in him going he's been that loyal consistent and important to the squad over the last 2 seasons that the club imo owe him a new contract.

Then theres the fact he could improve further possibley, he's relatively young, and has admirers at other clubs already, plays for Brazil and could become captain for them in the future, and an increase in his transfer fee with additional years to a new contract, I'd say it's a no brainer.

Also after all the stick he took even more than Diouf after he left, to not lash out at the fans or complain or leave is quite remarkable when you consider, Riera, Diouf, Torres, Hodgson all had a dig after leaving or while at the club.

Finaly if he wasn't here this season and Purslow had his way last summer, where would be in the table with Pulson being our only dm in the squad, our defense has been [oops] this season and without Lucas we'd be in a relagation fight definatley below 12th.

So basicaly yes lmao
Posted By: BastianLFC Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 05:46 AM
Uhmmm, can think of him as a super sub, so why not ?, when trying to kill games or whatever
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 06:40 AM
I just think he is one of those players that as he gets older he gets better and better. Definately keep him even on the bench for cover if we sign good midfielders in the summer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 08:25 AM
Keep. Best squad player we have after Kuyt. Absolutely find someone who starts ahead of both of these players regularly, but never sell them.
Posted By: Afad Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 10:27 AM
Better than Poulsen. Agree with Jammy that he is a big game player. Do all the dirty job. Just need to improve his passing and the centre of the park is his to keep. Unless of course he sign the likes of Sissoko.
Posted By: redjosh75 Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 01:21 PM
100% keep. Most improved player this season.
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 01:46 PM
Lucas would ve been if he was played in his natural position as attackin mid, remember the europa games he scored in, he was attackin.
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 01:47 PM
Lucas would ve been better if he was played in his natural position as attackin mid, remember the europa games he scored in, he was attackin.
Posted By: Stanley Park Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 06:28 PM
Keep him - no brainer !
Posted By: mitsukake Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 08:07 PM
why not keep him..
he can be a squad player.
Posted By: menace2u Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 10:11 PM
if a offer of 6m plus comes in the summer for Lucas, i wud sell him and use that dosh to sign Adam, sissoko, who are better players than Lucas.

If KD signs 2 quality centre mid players in the summer, then Lucas will ask to leave, because he knows he will get limited playing time in the 1st team, cuzz the new signings are better than him.

sell lucas, kuyt, use that dosh to sign quality players that can go straight into the starting 11.

starting 11 needs 4 Quality players, just to improve it.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 26/03/11 10:44 PM
I would agree with menace2u. Both Lucas and Kuyt are average in terms of quality. We need quality players in all positions if we are to challenge for anything. Its time to stop messing about with all these average players. We should sell 6 or 7 of them and sign quality players throughout the 1st team, and I believe Kenny is working on just that, at least I hope so!
Posted By: BastianLFC Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 27/03/11 04:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Annefield58
I would agree with menace2u. Both Lucas and Kuyt are average in terms of quality. We need quality players in all positions if we are to challenge for anything. Its time to stop messing about with all these average players. We should sell 6 or 7 of them and sign quality players throughout the 1st team, and I believe Kenny is working on just that, at least I hope so!

- Our squad is already short so they might come useful, and it would be unrealistic to buy 7 or 8 players
- Money is not a problem to buy players for us anymore, not that i think selling Lucas or Kuyt would cash in that much anyway
- Both Lucas & Kuyt are showing good heart, loyality, both are work horses and giving 100%, absolutely keep IMO, but buy more as well
Posted By: kop_swede Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 27/03/11 03:19 PM
keep him as a squad player, but we should try to get someone better in the summer.
Posted By: halbertfusie Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 27/03/11 04:16 PM
really think its a no brainer to keep him showed alot of improvement this season and not in a poisition to be weakening the team need to be adding players ontop of what we have seem to be improving alot and as said if a new player comes in hes a gd option to turn to
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 27/03/11 04:41 PM
sell him and get someone that is established no for the future crap anymore please
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 12:26 AM
Like Michael Jackson,you should believe that children are the future..... whistle
Posted By: Flames Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 12:28 AM
whitney heuston.
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 12:36 AM
Yeh your right,don't know what made me think of the connection with MJ. smirk
Posted By: Flames Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 12:38 AM
is it because HE was once a child?
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 12:54 AM
Maybe,can't quite put me finger on it.
Posted By: Injun Joe Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 28/03/11 08:22 PM
i would keep him as a 2nd choice. We need a world class player in his place.

Lucas can play in the carling cup, Fa Cup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 29/03/11 01:20 AM
Defo keep, although not the most talented player, he is very hardworking and useful as a squad player.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 29/03/11 06:47 AM
has recently been linked with Napoli as his contract hasn't been renewed yet...I think it would be crazy to let him go as he has been very solid this season and would definately add depth to the squad if he's not a first team regular!
Posted By: malc Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 29/03/11 02:28 PM
Originally Posted By: lelle
sell him and get someone that is established no for the future crap anymore please

OK, So who fills in when that someone is injured/international duty etc....

No brainer....KEEP.
Posted By: malc Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 11:02 AM
And we have to have competition for places. On current form, Lucas will keep any superstar on his toes.
Posted By: jock Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 12:41 PM
Originally Posted By: emp
he ain't gonna stay to be a bit part player..he plays for brazil. he played well for them too against scots.

I agree, always makes me smile when people come on here spouting about Lucas being crap, same with Kuyt. You don't get a game with Brazil and Holland if you are crap...

Lucas is a useful player, in my opinion better than Mascherano was so to be selling him on for next to nothing is madness. If however he is part of a swap deal and we are picking up Cavani/Lavezzi or the likes then I would consider it.
Posted By: drome Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 01:57 PM
i heard that link with napoli too. and the rumoured price was �3m. we can't let him go for that. we've signed far too many dud 10m+ players. i think in two seasons time he'll be twice the player he is now.
Posted By: mybloodisred Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: jock
he ain't gonna stay to be a bit part player..he plays for brazil. he played well for them too against scots.

I agree, always makes me smile when people come on here spouting about Lucas being crap, same with Kuyt. You don't get a game with Brazil and Holland if you are crap...

Lucas is a useful player, in my opinion better than Mascherano was so to be selling him on for next to nothing is madness. If however he is part of a swap deal and we are picking up Cavani/Lavezzi or the likes then I would consider it.

Let me just say I am a fan of Lucas, think his attitude is nothing short of incredible and he has developed himself into a tidy ball winner with the occasional killer pass in him. But better than Masch??? now that is madness mate.
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 04:16 PM
He passes the ball forward which offers alot more than sideways masch.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 05:16 PM
Originally Posted By: lumbar
He passes the ball forward which offers alot more than sideways masch.

Funny how people on these boards were saying Lucas couldn't make a forward pass under no pressure a few months back.
Posted By: lumba Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 05:21 PM
Yep sure was alot of Lucas bashing on here,people forget how young he was when he signed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 05:30 PM
I hated him the first season he played - he was awful. But he's made big strides each season since then, and long ago I decided he was a useful squad player. He'll be better than Masch at 26. But I see he's linked with a move away from Anfield, and that's bit sad, especially if he goes for less than 10 million. I'm happy that we might sign Adam, but if we lose Lucas in the process we don't really gain anything. We need cover, and we will have games where we want both Lucas and Adam on the pitch.
Posted By: jock Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 05:31 PM
[/quote]
Let me just say I am a fan of Lucas, think his attitude is nothing short of incredible and he has developed himself into a tidy ball winner with the occasional killer pass in him. But better than Masch??? now that is madness mate. [/quote]

I think Mascherano was a tidy ball winner and nothing more, think Lucas has a more level head on him as well. Watching Mascherano I feared every game we would be playing with 10 men, more through his mouthing off than his tackling.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 06:55 PM
but he would suit playing beside adam ,but then where stevie and raul?

Ahead of them in a midfield diamond/square. If we get no wingers in the summer I can see us playing this way.
Posted By: LiverbirdLain Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 06:59 PM
Lucas has improved and i love his attitude, hard working takes a bashing on the chin and tries to do better and does! but i cant put me finger on it theres something missing??? love to love him but maybe not good enough , yet! wink
Posted By: Sahl Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 30/03/11 07:57 PM
Lucas is making great strides and will become the player we all know he can be. He always had game intelligence. They just had to improve him in other departments.
Posted By: RYANLFC Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 31/03/11 12:25 AM
Keeeeeeeeep
Posted By: RYANLFC Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 31/03/11 12:25 AM
This.
Posted By: DBS Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 31/03/11 12:34 AM
I'd keep him and seeing as he signed a new contract I'm happy enough!
Posted By: Armitage Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 31/03/11 12:52 AM
seems to do better when there are 3 in midfield, i found him a solid player the one thing he does that annoys me is he seems to daydream when he has the ball and is robbed a lot, but he has improved on that aspect of his game, he doesnt do a lot, I am sure he can produce better football when the team is more settled
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Would you like to keep Lucas?? - 31/03/11 04:56 AM
i can't make my mind up on him staying..he has come on leaps and bounds but at the same time he should never be a brazil first teamer..they will regret that when they play world class sides. he still has the problem of late challenges and he can't shoot and he has no passing range like adam. but he would suit playing beside adam ,but then where stevie and raul?

Still a tool then i see emperor hodge laugh
© KopTalk Forums