KopTalk.com
Champions League Semi-Final - 2nd Leg

Mission Impossible, with a 3 nil deficit to overturn?

We are a club who have dealt with adversity many times before and as long as the fans in the ground believe then it transmits to the players on the pitch. An early goal for us will have the belief sky rocket and have the fans roaring them on.

It is made that much more difficult without Bobby and Salah, however if Klopp can come up with a plan and the players stick to it then we can at least win the game and come out of this game with our heads held high.
It is stretching the imagination to believe we can progress however I just want them to give it their best shot. Nobody believed we could overturn the same deficit for just one half game in The Final back in 2005 but we did against a great AC Milan team. Barcelona do have talented players but one Goliath, AC Milan had several Goliath's.

Come on Redmen make us proud one more time!
Originally Posted By Pickles

We are a club who have dealt with adversity many times before and as long as the fans in the ground believe then it transmits to the players on the pitch. An early goal for us will have the belief sky rocket and have the fans roaring them on.

It is made that much more difficult without Bobby and Salah, however if Klopp can come up with a plan and the players stick to it then we can at least win the game and come out of this game with our heads held high.
It is stretching the imagination to believe we can progress however I just want them to give it their best shot. Nobody believed we could overturn the same deficit for just one half game in The Final back in 2005 but we did against a great AC Milan team. Barcelona do have talented players but one Goliath, AC Milan had several Goliath's.

Messi has been a Goliath matched by only Ronaldo and Maradona for me
It's like waiting to go to the dentist
isn't the game on the 7th?

Stranger things have happened however I think our luck is about to run out in both competitions. My optimistic spell is officially over
Yeah can�t see us turning this one around unfortunately, not with Salah and Firmino missing. Who will even play? Shaqiri and Origi? Would be good to see Ox get some game time
Unfortunately it's going to be 90 minutes of diving, simulating, slowing the game down. This is why I don't watch Spanish football.
We�ll smash em 5-0.
No Ox. Not even on bench. Woodburn and Brewster on bench though.
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
We�ll smash em 5-0.

Fck it, why not.
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi.

Subs: Mignolet, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Gomez, Sturridge, Brewster, Woodburn.
Originally Posted By Vicdamone
Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi.

aww fck sake, where's ox? origi is going to look like a donkey out there
Originally Posted By SSO
No Ox. Not even on bench. Woodburn and Brewster on bench though.

Has he taken a knock again or something? Was expecting to see him get time tonight
We�ll smash em 5-0.

I'll be happy with 4-0
At least we'll get the true measure of origi.
My bad should have been 7th May smile

Someone needs to be Ramos for the night and target Messi...give him an innocent looking kick in the first 5 mins!
Originally Posted By Flames

Ox cannot be full match fit after missing so many months
Originally Posted By TiredReds

thought he'd make the bench

Well he stood tall tonight! So proud of this team. What a performance.
We�ll smash em 5-0.

Close, I think ya got abit carried away with that prediction!
We�ll smash em 5-0.

Fck it, why not.

I was only 1 out laugh
We�ll smash em 5-0.

I'll be happy with 4-0

Happy then oh ye if little faith?
What an amazing effort by our players well done Lads,Im speechless.
Incredible night, lovely scenes with the crowd. Up there with our greatest ever performances.
This is why we love Liverpool
We�ll smash em 5-0.

Fck it, why not.

I was only 1 out laugh

laugh laugh laugh

Im speechless dude, drowning in joy and stress.
Originally Posted By redordead13

Well he stood tall tonight! So proud of this team. What a performance.

yes he did, god bless him. god bless all of us.
I was crying in front of my wife and kids... I didn't think it was impossible either after last weeks game I said if we can get an early goal we could create a storm and my word did we. Amazing come back, I texted all my friends who are supporters of other clubs. I said only liverpool can do this [oops]!
I am lost for words
Originally Posted By Snakeye
I was crying in front of my wife and kids... I didn't think it was impossible either after last weeks game I said if we can get an early goal we could create a storm and my word did we. Amazing come back, I texted all my friends who are supporters of other clubs. I said only liverpool can do this [oops]!

I am over 50 and I was crying in front of my 18 year old lad when the final whistle went. I knew after 85 mins I wasn't going to be able to keep it together.
So proud of all the players and staff!

And the fans at Anfield too!

Seeing Hendo, Milner and Wij cry was special.

Trent - what a corner!

Shaq - what a game from our own Sponge Bob!

Origi - 7 goals in 6 starts this season! Is he starting to ignite?

Wij - coming off the bench looking even better than what Hendo did a few weeks ago when he got subbed on!

Allison - a few world class saves!

Matip and VvD - what a central defence!
This season has been legendary and it�s not over yet!

Great post Pickles, and against all the odds we pulled it off again, wonderful performance from every single player, including those subbed on and off. Full kudos to Klopp for getting the side up to such fever pitch for this amazing game. And kudos to yourself Pickles for a wonderfully predictive post!
i have lost my voice. i feel like am walking on air
I think I woke quite a few of my neighbours up this morning. That fourth goal just had to be celebrated even though it was around 4am!
The Wife walked in with 5 mins to go and said: "Where's our Daughter"?

I was supposed to pick her up earlier this evening from After School Care to go to her School for a meet and greet with her new 2nd grade teacher for next year and then we were going to see a house we are interested in buying! laugh

I watched until the end but missed the celebrations on the pitch having to rush out.

I'm going to watch it again now and salivate over it.

What I am so proud of is that this has embellished Liverpool FC Fans & The Club around the World and has left a mark on Messi, Suarez, Coutinho & Co that they will never forget.

We are Liverpool FC and we never give up!
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58

Great post Pickles, and against all the odds we pulled it off again, wonderful performance from every single player, including those subbed on and off. Full kudos to Klopp for getting the side up to such fever pitch for this amazing game. And kudos to yourself Pickles for a wonderfully predictive post!

Wow

Ox got injured during newcastle game when he was warming up. That's what I heard.
Great game and great performance tonight.

Salute to our players. They did really well.
So this is what Suarez meant when he said he wouldnt be celebrating an Anfield lol
We�ll smash em 5-0.

Fck it, why not.

I was only 1 out laugh

laugh laugh laugh

Im speechless dude, drowning in joy and stress.

I didn�t even watch. Was out and deep down didn�t think we�d do it. But what can you say!!??
That fourth goal laugh cool
Can't believe he's only 20.

That was so well executed!

And Origi who didn't even see it happening until late and adjusted his feet so quick!
Originally Posted By AngryAsianRed
So this is what Suarez meant when he said he wouldnt be celebrating an Anfield lol

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=3&theater

Look at this, he broke his promised. He did celebrate for our fourth goal. LOL cool
We didn't fluke it either, no controversy putt luck, we did it pound for pound.

I don't think I'll ever fully process that result.
Loved it when the cameras kept showing Messi�s shell shocked face
The Spanish press are merciless hahaha

''embarrassing, humiliating, ridiculous, unacceptable. Barcelona had been �torn to shreds�, �left in tatters�, �exposed�, �destroyed,� �ridiculed�. This was a �disaster�, a �debacle�, a �blow of gigantic proportions�. Barcelona were �soulless�. El Pa�s called it �a monumental failure�, adding: �Barcelona burn at Anfield.��Anfield flattens Barcelona,� ran the headline in AS. �Liverpool devoured them,� said La Vanguardia''
Very difficult to pick an MOTM for that game, but special mentions to:

Becker's outstanding saves and also I am fairly certain he had been in the ears of all the players after last week's 3 nil defeat at The Nou Camp and said "This isn't over, we can still win this" - alluding to when he was in the Roma side that overcame a deficit not too dissimilar to last night's in the Quarters last year.

Fabinho - After getting booked in the 11th minute, he had to show the utmost composure in timing his tackles in an area where Messi was in, more often than not. Also the fact that quite a few Barca players sensed blood when he got booked and feigned injury whenever he got near them. The performance he put in, was epitomized when he danced past Messi and 2 other Barca players towards the end, on a counter attack and it was Messi who fouled Fabinho to stop him.

Trent Alexander-Arnold - He's a 20 year old kid who must have the biggest gonads on the planet to show the genius initiative he did for the 4th goal. That is something that cannot be taught, it was pure instinct and something you only normally see from the likes of Messi or Ronaldo.

The whole team done us proud, well done Redmen.
Yes very much a team effort. Shaqiri was quite poor but his cross for the 3rd goal was absolutely superb. My man of the match if I had to pick one was Henderson. He really set the tempo and maintained it when we needed to keep going.I

Energy levels throughout after Saturday night were unbelievable.
Very difficult to pick an MOTM for that game, but special mentions to:

Becker's outstanding saves and also I am fairly certain he had been in the ears of all the players after last week's 3 nil defeat at The Nou Camp and said "This isn't over, we can still win this" - alluding to when he was in the Roma side that overcame a deficit not too dissimilar to last night's in the Quarters last year.

Fabinho - After getting booked in the 11th minute, he had to show the utmost composure in timing his tackles in an area where Messi was in, more often than not. Also the fact that quite a few Barca players sensed blood when he got booked and feigned injury whenever he got near them. The performance he put in, was epitomized when he danced past Messi and 2 other Barca players towards the end, on a counter attack and it was Messi who fouled Fabinho to stop him.

Trent Alexander-Arnold - He's a 20 year old kid who must have the biggest gonads on the planet to show the genius initiative he did for the 4th goal. That is something that cannot be taught, it was pure instinct and something you only normally see from the likes of Messi or Ronaldo.

The whole team done us proud, well done Redmen.

i'd add Matip to the list.i thought he was brilliant.he doesnt seem to get much praise but his performance deserves some.
© KopTalk Forums