Wij
Fabinho
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Come out fast and get the job done early
Posted By: chesterville Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 08:17 AM
If we are sheepish again, we could get a win regardless. But we wont win the league if Klopp continues with his tame stodgy tactics. Come on Jurgen, we have to turn on the power-play for the rest of the season.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 08:22 AM
It's never over 'till it's over. Yes, looking at it on paper us fans have all the easy answers. But I'm sure there are other factors in play in the real world of it all that we fans just don't see or feel.

For example, coming out fast an getting the job done early is ideal. But if that doesn't happen why do the fans get tetchy? Especially those in the stadium - this can have a negative effect on the team.

Burnley should be a much tougher test for us than Watford were for them yesterday, and they went in 0-0 at half time. So if things don't get finished early, there's no need for the fans to panic and the players will hopefully carry on to execute plans in a composed, professional manner. That's what top teams do.
Posted By: wilkij1975 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 08:40 AM
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
It's never over 'till it's over. Yes, looking at it on paper us fans have all the easy answers. But I'm sure there are other factors in play in the real world of it all that we fans just don't see or feel.

For example, coming out fast an getting the job done early is ideal. But if that doesn't happen why do the fans get tetchy? Especially those in the stadium - this can have a negative effect on the team.

Burnley should be a much tougher test for us than Watford were for them yesterday, and they went in 0-0 at half time. So if things don't get finished early, there's no need for the fans to panic and the players will hopefully carry on to execute plans in a composed, professional manner. That's what top teams do.

You know that shitte ain�t going to wash even if we win.
Posted By: EnergisedReds Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 09:40 AM
Originally Posted By wilkij1975
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC

You know that shitte ain�t going to wash even if we win.

I am sure it will...If we win the league
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 10:17 AM
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Must win. Discuss.

The overall situation is decidedly 'Grim'
Posted By: Pickles Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 10:25 AM
Originally Posted By WNP
If we don�t win here it�s all over.

Allison
TAA
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Wij
Fabinho
Keita

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Come out fast and get the job done early

I agree with this lineup WNP...9 games to go Klopp needs to stop trying to put square pegs in round holes. Origi, Sturridge and Lallana give us nothing, keep them away from the pitch unless we are at least 3 or 4 goals to the good.

It's time to let the shackles off and get back to full on gengenpressing, when not in possession of the ball swarm in numbers, something we were so good at last season. Klopp needs to allow our backline to defend when needed and not rely on our midfield to act as another line of defence, it has blunted our attack this season.

We don't want to end the season with "what if's"? I want to say they gave it their all, even if we still fall short.
Posted By: TheMightyLFC Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 10:27 AM
Originally Posted By Hercules/AF 58
Originally Posted By Snakeye
Must win. Discuss.

The overall situation is decidedly 'Grim'

hmmm. Not really. It's close, it's tense, it could become grim but not quite there yet.

A thumping result would be great pointswise and psychlogically. I think after today we enter a period wher we have the opportunity to move ahead to make sure City will play games in hand under pressure.

A win of any kind will be fine for now as well. It may not boos our confidnece so much, but it will keep us breathing down City's neck.

In any competition where top side are competetive the situation is going to close and go down to the wire. We shouldn't lose our nerve or composure just because it's close even if we are the ones slighty behind.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 10:39 AM
Will be interesting to see if old Kloppo has all his eggs in the Burnley basket, or if he will put some in the Bayern M�nchen basket aswell.

Wouldn't surprise me if he rested Hendo, Fab, Wij and Firmino today, to keep them fresh for next game on Wednesday.

If so, we will probably see Milner, Lallana and Keita in midfield today. And up top Salah, Man� and Shaq.

Hope he doesn't even consider Storage, Lallan and Origi for either game though.
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:10 AM
Lallana starts,... really dont understand Klopp. Rodgers had an obsession with him and now Klopp too.
Posted By: Oli Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:21 AM
Lallana was sometimes useful for Brendan but never done anything for Klopp.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:22 AM
Originally Posted By van Gogh
Will be interesting to see if old Kloppo has all his eggs in the Burnley basket, or if he will put some in the Bayern M�nchen basket aswell.

Wouldn't surprise me if he rested Hendo, Fab, Wij and Firmino today, to keep them fresh for next game on Wednesday.

If so, we will probably see Milner, Lallana and Keita in midfield today. And up top Salah, Man� and Shaq.

Hope he doesn't even consider Storage, Lallan and Origi for either game though.

Jeez van, if he does that we'll get hammered, this is a 'must win' and therefore needs our best & strongest side out. I'd go with 4231:
TAA, Matip, VvD, Robertson
Fabinho Keita/Wignaldum
Shaqueri, Firmino, Mane
Salah

I mentioned Wignaldum but I think Keita might provide more af an attacking option, so for this game I'd go all out for the win, a draw is useless to us now.
Come on Klopp'o get the finger out and hit the heavy metal button, we have to win.
Posted By: van Gogh Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:23 AM
Omg. Tought I couldn't even jinx Lallana into that team, but hey ho!

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:52 AM
Klopp looking ahead to Bayern otherwise he would not have started Lallana.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 11:55 AM
Yeah you did jinx it Van, so it's on your head if we Fucck it up!!!
We need to keep maximum pressure on City and Klopp picks Lallana??? He must be doing cartwheels in training, but when does it ever transfer to the pitch? Blind ally's and ballydancing fancy footwork is all I ever see from him.
Anyway hope he Rams those words down my throat today...we need it.
Posted By: WNP Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 12:49 PM
Refs seem determined to give the title to City this weekend
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 12:55 PM
Yeah, Marriner was ball watching and didn't see the foul on Alisson, poor on his part that. Anyway we've got ahead now and we should be able to build on that. I'd like to see another couple scored though, to make it safe and eat into City's goal lead.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 12:56 PM
How the fk is that not a foul on Alisson?
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 02:08 PM
Yeah, poor decision, but Matip should neber have given the corner away, also, Alisson is a big guy, he could have protected himself more.
Posted By: Snakeye Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 02:15 PM
Nervy ending as always we seem to do it the hard way all the time.
Posted By: ecnirp98 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 02:22 PM
A good win in difficult conditions, it's all about the points now, we were abit wasteful at times, great to see Mane & Bobby get 2 goals each, Salah just doesn't look on his game but is trying, he just needs a break.

Lallana did well, great to see him have a good game, his block for the 2nd goal was great to see, his passing was good, gave something different to the recent MF performances.
Posted By: Hercules/AF 58 Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 10/03/19 03:33 PM
Important three points, and coming from behind is encouraging. Some sloppy passing up front again, but the finishing, while not great, was better than recently.
Of course we should never have been behind in the first place, due to the foul on Alisson, and wtf was Matip thinking of when he conceded that corner? However the conditions were foul and the "Wind" was ferocious! But I'm happy that we've kept the pressure on City...it's not over yet...
Posted By: Vicdamone Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 11/03/19 05:42 AM
Have to put up my hands and admit that Lallana did better than expected.
Posted By: chesterville Re: Liverpool v Burnley - 11/03/19 08:37 AM
Lallana put in one mighty shift indeed. He was brilliant, running into space, passing into space, tacking, etc... well done to the lad.

all the lads were brilliant.

And Klopp too. The side had good balance and pace. Very impressed I was.
© KopTalk Forums