Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#637717 07/04/21 09:15 AM
B
Under 16 Player
OP Offline
Under 16 Player
B

I wonder is that the end for Keita? Klopp showed a lot of faith in starting him ahead of Thiago then had to pull him off after 41 minutes. He must have been extremely dissatisfied with him to sub him before half-time.

BARTON42 #637718 07/04/21 09:47 AM
O
Oli Offline
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
O
I hope itīs the end for Keita. He is one of few mistakes that Klopp has done in the market.

BARTON42 #637719 07/04/21 10:35 AM
M
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
M
He had a rotten 41 minutes, but he wasn't the only one. Still trying to get my head around what happened last night and why, we got caught out by a team playing the way we have played.

Never seen us give the ball away so much, it improved a little in the second half for 10 minutes when we scored, but passing and retention of possesion was shambolic

The away goal is a bonus but without the Anfield Roar and support next week I think its a tough ask to score 2 goals AND keep a clean sheet

BARTON42 #637720 07/04/21 11:05 AM
E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Keita could have been one of many that got taken off last night, so I do not think it is the end of him.

We needed to get our foot on the ball in MF, that is not Keita's game even when he is playing well, he runs with the ball and opens defences, the danger is he often loses the ball, I don't know why Klopp didn't play Thiago, seemed the perfect game for him, he holds the ball, can pass and knows RM very well.

Usually I would say 3-1 is not a terrible result, the away goal is important and at Anfield we are capable of turning that around, but at an empty Anfield with no crowd pushing us on, with our current form, I think RM will just sit back and keep the ball, playing those long balls over our CB's.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of RM book and get them over to Kirkby to play, I am sure a few locals could make allot of noise outside the training ground !!!!

BARTON42 #637721 07/04/21 01:52 PM
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Like someone has already said, he could have taken any of the midfield out and I wouldn't have had any problems, all were terrible.

IF he stays fit I have seen enough to think he uis useful but he isn't covering himself in glory if he wants a regular place.

On a side note about the game, I was so dissapointed with our midfield and forwards, I don't know if they were just carrying out instructions but everytime our defence had the ball looking for a pass I couldn't see anyone on the screen? I thought they completelely bottled it and left a threadbare defence to sort themselves out, harsh words but they took absolutely no responsibility for that game at all. Polar opposite to Madrids midfield.

jim_beam #637724 07/04/21 02:42 PM
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By jim_beam
Like someone has already said, he could have taken any of the midfield out and I wouldn't have had any problems, all were terrible.

IF he stays fit I have seen enough to think he uis useful but he isn't covering himself in glory if he wants a regular place.

On a side note about the game, I was so dissapointed with our midfield and forwards, I don't know if they were just carrying out instructions but everytime our defence had the ball looking for a pass I couldn't see anyone on the screen? I thought they completelely bottled it and left a threadbare defence to sort themselves out, harsh words but they took absolutely no responsibility for that game at all. Polar opposite to Madrids midfield.

They looked stunned to me

BARTON42 #637725 08/04/21 09:34 AM
R
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
R
Keita's had more than enough chances now, I hope he gets replaced in the summer.
Gini too. As much as I don't want to see him go on a free and he's got his attributes/injury free, he suited Klopp's system as a hard working midfielder, not a great deal more. We need better in CM now in terms of creativity and goals. Ox/Shaq are an option but not if they can't be relied on the stay injury free for more than a few games.

Gini's not the only one who looks like he's running down the clock. The whole team has lacked energy/drive for most of the season. The forwards press has gone and Trent's had a really strange season.
Maybe finally winning the league, maybe covid.

Seeing the impact and drive Jota has had I really hope Klopp swings the ax in the summer.

RedJohn #637726 08/04/21 12:30 PM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
Fabinho needs to go back to the back against madrid..philips was exposed so bad.

milner - gini- thiago midfield

need jimmy milner playing, he is a top operator and can help trent who needs help.

EMP #637727 08/04/21 12:46 PM
J
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
J
Originally Posted By EMP
Fabinho needs to go back to the back against madrid..philips was exposed so bad.

milner - gini- thiago midfield

need jimmy milner playing, he is a top operator and can help trent who needs help.

Complete utter garbage in my opinion. The reason Philips was exopsed is because the midfield weren't doing their job in pressurising Madrid, look at the 2 goals Kroos set up, no one within 10 metres of him.

Philips ain't Van Dijk but he didn't do that badly. If Trent doesn't mess up we come away 2-1 when not playing that well. OK not a great result but away at Madrid that's fairly respectable.

jim_beam #637728 08/04/21 06:11 PM
E
EMP Offline
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E
he was exposed by the midfield but more so that he has zero pace and his positioning on that first goal was all over the place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion