Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
I suspect all clubs except the ones financed by state or oligarch owned clubs were affected.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By TheMightyLFC
I suspect all clubs except the ones financed by state or oligarch owned clubs were affected.

But then don't know how 15 clubs spent more than us in the last transfer window. I know you don't watch games but you should read articles freely available on the net like this one

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/einnahmenausgaben/wettbewerb/GB1

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Don't think you can draw too many conclusions from one transfer window. What we do know is that over the past 6 years we've spend enough to compete well for 3 premier league titles and 3 Champions League titles. We've won one of each plus a couple of other trophies. Not many clubs have done that.

'I was only in the game for the love of football - and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool.' Bill Shankly

'We should have made a signing or two in the last couple of transfer windows.' Vish
Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Don't think you can draw too many conclusions from one transfer window. What we do know is that over the past 6 years we've spend enough to compete well for 3 premier league titles and 3 Champions League titles. We've won one of each plus a couple of other trophies. Not many clubs have done that.

Are we not talking about our current issues?

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Yes. the current issues have been caused by decisions taken over many transfer windows... and they won't be solved by a single transfer window either.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Yes. the current issues have been caused by decisions taken over many transfer windows... and they won't be solved by a single transfer window either.

Our main issue is midfield, that could have been solved in the last window.

T
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
T
Possibly but unlikely in my view. I think we could have started to solve the issue by getting a better quality midfielder but we wouldn't necessarily have solved the issue immediately with one signing because our problems are deeper/wider than one midfield position.

We have a team that has aged together, just come out of a long season that ended flat, players with the World Cup on their minds and players all over the pitch performing below par.

We also have a stubborn manager who always tries to find solutions from within the squad first and perhaps doesn't immediately accept what sometimes seems obvious to everyone else.

Then there's FSGs own FFP policy.

A
Under 16 Player
Under 16 Player
A
he needs to be judged at the end of the season, if anything needs to be done in the middle of the season it is adding quality players to our midfield (and another wide forward)

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Possibly but unlikely in my view. I think we could have started to solve the issue by getting a better quality midfielder but we wouldn't necessarily have solved the issue immediately with one signing because our problems are deeper/wider than one midfield position.

We have a team that has aged together, just come out of a long season that ended flat, players with the World Cup on their minds and players all over the pitch performing below par.

We also have a stubborn manager who always tries to find solutions from within the squad first and perhaps doesn't immediately accept what sometimes seems obvious to everyone else.

Then there's FSGs own FFP policy.

I don't believe that the whole team has suddenly aged, the problem is mainly the midfield. We have signed 3 younger forwards, Jota, Diaz and Nunez, at the back we signed Konate and Tsimikas, with both TAA and Gomez young. I don't understand why some people are saying we need to change the whole team, if we had signed a good midfielder, we wouldn't be in the current crisis

Last edited by EnergisedReds; 03/11/22 02:18 PM.
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
The problem is we keep hold of players well past their sell by date and we have to throw them away much like an expired can of beans.

FSG are cheap a$$ed hoarders who think everything is worth something. Their philosophy is get anything in that is cheap or better still FREE and Klopp is the Michelin Starred, Master Chef who'll make a unbelievable meal with it!

Until FSG have gone we are going to be dealing with these problems over and over again no matter who the Manager is.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion