Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Mohamed Salah signs new three-year Liverpool contract

The 30-year-old Egypt forward only had a year left on his previous deal and there had been doubts about whether he would stay.

Salah has scored 156 goals in 254 appearances during his five years at Anfield since moving from Roma.

"It's the best decision for us and best decision for him. He belongs with us I think. This is his club now," said boss Jurgen Klopp.

"This is a special treat for our supporters to enjoy their weekend even more. I'm sure there will be some celebrations for this news tonight."

BBC Sport understands the new deal makes Salah the highest paid player in Liverpool's history.

The wide player said: "I feel great and I am excited to win trophies with the club. It's a happy day for everyone. We are in a good position to fight for everything."

Salah has won the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Fifa Club World Cup and Uefa Super Cup during his time at Anfield.

He has also won or shared three Premier League Golden Boots and been named the PFA player of the year twice while with Klopp's side.

"I have no doubt Mo's best years are still to come. And that's saying something, because the first five seasons here have been the stuff of legend," said Klopp.

The renewal comes as a big boost after the departure of fellow forward Sadio Mane to Bayern Munich this summer.

Liverpool won the FA Cup and Carabao Cup this season but were in the running for a quadruple until the final week of the season, falling just short in the Premier League and losing the Champions League final to Real Madrid.

They have recruited Benfica and Uruguay striker Darwin Nunez for an initial £64m to offset the loss of Mane.

"It takes a little bit of time, I think, to renew, but now everything is done so we just need to focus on what's next," said former Chelsea forward Salah.

"I think you can see in the last five or six years the team was always going [upwards]. Last season we were close to winning four, but unfortunately in the last week of the season we lost two trophies.

"We have new signings as well. We just need to keep working hard, have a good vision, be positive and go for everything again."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62013642

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
Great News and puts to bed something that was starting to fester!

Pickles Offline OP
1st Team Squad
OP Offline
1st Team Squad
David Maddock of Daily Mirror on twitter...@MaddockMirror

Mo Salah has agreed a new contract with Liverpool worth in excess of £350,000 a week.

Deal announced imminiently - believed to be a 3 year contract.

Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
I don't think he's worth £350k a week.he better hit the ground running in the new season because he was not in good form for most of the 2nd half of the season.

Liverpool Legend
Liverpool Legend
Originally Posted By kernowred
I don't think he's worth £350k a week.he better hit the ground running in the new season because he was not in good form for most of the 2nd half of the season.

Well, he has been the best EPL player almost every year and I don't think 350k/week is the highest wages in the league. So I am not sure how you judge salaries. Maybe you mean no top player in the EPL is worth his wages, I am not too sure.

E
1st Team Squad
1st Team Squad
E

To replace him would have cost allot more, anyone at his level would have wanted more than £350K a week and then there is their transfer fee on top.

I think it was good business to keep him, it is always a risk with injuries etc, but he has a good injury record and keeps himself in excellent condition so there is no reason he cannot play the next 3 seasons like Ronaldo/Benzema/Lewandowski. It also removes all the questions the press etc would have asked for the next season on what he will do, which would undoubtedly have affected the performances and the team.

P
Under 23 Player
Under 23 Player
P

He's been top scorer, or near just pipped for top scorer since he has been here. Maybe one off season were he was still banging them in. There isn't a striker who can touch him in the premier league since he has signed for us. On current player wages he's easily worth £350k.

Last edited by paul66; 02/07/22 11:51 AM.
E
Under 18 Player
Under 18 Player
E
If 350k is only when performance clauses are delivered as reported, then Mo would’ve deserved every cent of it. I think that’s very fair and shows his self confidence.

Moderated by  KopTalk Team 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Advertisements
Liverpool FC Discussion